Sunbather - Close Up with the LX7 + Raynox MSN202

Started May 27, 2013 | Discussions
carizi
carizi Veteran Member • Posts: 9,225
Sunbather - Close Up with the LX7 + Raynox MSN202

Captured under pretty harsh sunlight conditions.  Sun was so bright at the time that I could barely see though the LCD.  I guided myself with the AF beeping sound.  I could not wait for the sun to come down! 

Image was developed RAW in Silkypix.....

carizi's gear list:carizi's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +4 more
Darrell Spreen Forum Pro • Posts: 10,487
Re: Sunbather - Close Up with the LX7

I'm not a fan of "bug" closeups, but this is very good -- great detail and tonality.

It appears the LX7 is very good for macro work -- I am constantly amazed how easy it is compared to adding the closeup lens attachments I have to use with my DSLR lenses, and still can't get as close.

edit:  Then maybe you used a CU attachment.  Can you give us more details?

-- hide signature --

Darrell

carizi
OP carizi Veteran Member • Posts: 9,225
Re: Sunbather - Close Up with the LX7

I used the Raynox MSN202 attached to the LX7, Darrell.......Forgot to add that piece of information to the thread's title....but already fixed it....I use the Raynox attachment 99% of the time.......

Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +4 more
howardfuhrman Veteran Member • Posts: 4,081
Re: Sunbather - Close Up with the LX7 + Raynox MSN202

What a sharp macro, I had no idea that you could get such a nice macro with the LX7.

cat150
cat150 Senior Member • Posts: 2,498

Amazing macro Carizi!! Congrats!

-- hide signature --

Lumix forever
Alex

cat150's gear list:cat150's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
in_focus
in_focus Forum Pro • Posts: 18,674

Impressive image, Carizi.. great magnification, top notch crispness and sharpness - remarkable picture .. since you mentioned the struggle with bright sunlight, the build-in ND filter couldn't handle it? Excellent work, thank you for sharing.

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

aprilquilts New Member • Posts: 11

This is really remarkable!  I just bought a new LX7, and I'm completely out of my depth, but it is sweet.  How do you use the raynox with it?  I didn't think you could use interchangeable lenses with this camera.

carizi

It seems it is possible!....After a few months of using it I'm not ready to throw my LX7 out the window!!!!

carizi

Thank you, Alex.....

carizi

I did not think of the ND filter, Bruno....I was busy looking for a ladder in order to get a few shots of the robber fly! lol   
Thank you for looking and commenting, Bruno!.........

carizi

I mounted a 37mm adapter to which the Raynox fits in perfectly.  If you do a search in Amazon they're as cheap as $5.00.   Thank you for looking........

Lumixdude Senior Member • Posts: 2,782
There is two ways to attach lenses to the LX7

It's not an interchangeable lens camera, but you can do some fun stuff with it mostly for little image quality loss. You can grab a 37mm filter adapter for lightweight lenses like this and the Raynox DCR-250, or you can grab what's known as a "Kiwi Tube" which mounts to the 52mm bayonet hidden on the end of the camera barrel underneath the ring there. Once you step out to 52mm you can mount anything you like that has a 52mm, or use a step ring in order to adjust for a larger accessory lens.

For the LX7, I've got an Olympus TCON-17x in my kit and will soon have a Schneider Optics 43mm 0.3x fisheye. I did have a WCON-08B but I didn't find much use for it, the LX7 is already wider than the WCON08B at the point it doesn't vignette. Given the fact this camera will produce usable 20x30 inch prints I really can't see much need for another camera really, so I've fitted it with some decent accessories.

Lumixdude's gear list:Lumixdude's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Apple iPhone 4 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads