A REAL MAJOR REVOLUTION ! A new dimention of color's restitution

Started May 25, 2013 | User reviews
Foveonforever New Member • Posts: 6
A REAL MAJOR REVOLUTION ! A new dimention of color's restitution

In a first time excuse me for my bad english wrtitten... i'm a french old professionnal photographer and i used more than half of my career the argentic system...  When i used for the first time the numeric sensors  i had to see that the colors are not really precise when you compare them to the natural subtilities  of colors of skins, flowers, , differents of greens  for the grass for exemple.. : It's very important to understand how the standard bayer color capture is using.. , it's IMPOSSIBLE to this to have a real retranscription of  colors, espescially for the green nuances and  deep of colors of the human skins for exemple.. When i'd use the Foveon's sensor, i understand immediatly that it's THE "miracle" and unique solution to have the potential of exact and  best color's restitution. It's really incredible, this sensor use the same principe of the argentic negative, no artefacts, no interpolations, just and only THE REAL COLORS !!! Please go to the Sigma's official web site and read and see, , they said the thrue, and they prouve it, you can trust  them, this sensor is really a major revolution !

You know that Sigma is a small and young office  if you compare it about Nikon, Canon or Leica, , i'm sure that if it was Leica who discover this Foveon sensor, with their incredible mecanical perfections of their cameras and lenses they may be  became  a new time the king of the photographic world !! But  Sigma had the property of this perfect image capture sensor system and  with this camera, the SD1,  you have the same emotion and image quality than an argentic Hasselblad, deep of colors, , finest of details, and only with an APS-C sensor size !!! You can print  a A0 size with this 15 millions of pixel sensor, cause the finest  of the final RAW image is the same than  a 46 million pix of Bayer sensor.., but with the perfect of color restitution more !! For exemple  with the Sigma's SD15  you have only a final pict with 5 millions of pixels, but you can print a A3 size, it look's like a 15 million of classic bayer's sensor, and deep of colors more.. INCREDIBLE ! Test it  and you will see !

I hope that Sigma make a "SD2 Ultimate" with a 24x36mm sensor size, with the same number of pixels from the SD1 ( 3 x 15millions), but with more bigger size for the photosites, and they can resolve the unique problem of their system : The noise !, cause with this sensor and with the SD15 and SD1  you can use it only to 50 iso to maxi 400 iso. Personaly i use their camera's only at 50 iso's cause i make only statics pics, macro lands, portraits and the results after a small work with the original RAW file is just  PERFECT !!

Thank's to Sigma  to trust  with the foveon's technologie, they give to  the maniacs argentics photographers the same sensations with numerics  than the argentic's deep, natural and exact colors !

Uman R-B

Sigma SD1 Merrill
15 megapixels • 3 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Feb 8, 2012
Foveonforever's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
awful
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
bad
Flash photography (social)
excellent
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Sigma SD1 Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma SD15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
atom14
atom14 Senior Member • Posts: 2,508
Duplicate thread with...
Ambrogio Spinelli
Ambrogio Spinelli New Member • Posts: 1
Re: A REAL MAJOR REVOLUTION ! A new dimention of color's restitution

Definitely up to 200 ISO (90% of the photos you shoot at 100 ISO) this is the best camera on the market, no Bayer camera is approaching the quality of SD1 Merrill.

xpatUSA
xpatUSA Forum Pro • Posts: 17,666

Ambrogio Spinelli wrote:

Definitely up to 200 ISO (90% of the photos you shoot at 100 ISO) this is the best camera on the market, no Bayer camera is approaching the quality of SD1 Merrill.

Welcome Ambrogio,

This thread is over four years old, so you may not get many responses.

-- hide signature --

"What we've got hyah is Failyah to Communicate": 'Cool Hand Luke' 1967.

xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sigma SD15 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +11 more
Iconoscope
Iconoscope Regular Member • Posts: 450

Well said! Even with grammatical errors this is a great testament to the Foveon system!  I agree that low iso is a bit of a handicap, but I do wish that Sigma had included iso 50 capability for the Quattros!!

Iconoscope's gear list:Iconoscope's gear list
Sigma DP2s Kodak DCS Pro 14n Sigma SD9 Sigma SD15 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 +7 more
docmaas
docmaas Veteran Member • Posts: 6,843

Echos or maybe premonitions of Joris.

-- hide signature --

"At every crossroads on the path that leads to the future, tradition has placed 10,000 men to guard the past."
Maurice Maeterlinck

richard stone Veteran Member • Posts: 3,433

Thanks for this thread.

Somehow I missed this... And my happiness with Foveon is in large part based on the color and clarity of the images. I like the "detail" too, but getting too much concerned with that ends up in arguing about trivial issues. And if "detail" is the exclusive or main concern, then switch to large format.

And for me, on that basis, the Q sensor is not some horrible step backward. The color is better than ever although, in my view, best when slightly muted.

Yes, the Merrill based cameras are excellent too, but I think getting into some kind of fight about which one is better is just wasted energy.

Richard

-- hide signature --
 richard stone's gear list:richard stone's gear list
Sigma SD10 Sigma sd Quattro Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM Art
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads