*** this week through your m43 - 2013.05.20 ***

Started May 20, 2013 | Discussions
Dreeke Contributing Member • Posts: 993
*** this week through your m43 - 2013.05.20 ***

Well, I said I didn't have time to do this. But the old thread is two weeks old and still being used.
So there seems to be a market for this.

No promises, no ties, but I will take the bait. It's monday overhere so the new week has started.

What I like about this these "this week"threads is the varity of subjects. Not art (although some are very nice and deserve their own thread) but nice pictures with a story.

And ofcourse Bob's text:

Whether for show/tell, C&C or whatnot let's see what you've been up to this week.

1. Reply to THIS message, post your image, image specs, and anything else about the photo or experience you'd like to convey.

2. Embed the image please, for everyone's convenience.

3. Please give some observational feedback on another's post in due course.

If you're posting a link to a reference or [gasp!] choose not to embed, please utilize the URL or Image link options that are in the header available at the top of the message you are creating.

Dreeke's gear list:Dreeke's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +12 more
OP Dreeke Contributing Member • Posts: 993
just a walk in the sun

with the family and I noticed this scene. I don't know why it attracted my attention, perhaps just the light through the trees on the fallen trees?

with the oly 17 f/2.8 pancake. I like this little one

Dreeke's gear list:Dreeke's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +12 more
LincolnB Veteran Member • Posts: 4,353
A little color

LincolnB's gear list:LincolnB's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Fujifilm X-E1 Sony Alpha a7 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +7 more
Ollie 2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,558
Upper Colo Reserve - Western Sydney

Early morning.

Freezing cold.

Ollie 2's gear list:Ollie 2's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +20 more
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 9,549
Welcoming the fresh high

As in high pressure system... we've suffered through some slop lately...

I left my camera on jpeg only by accident, a bit of an "arggh" moment when I downloaded them today, but I liked these of my daughter swinging at Lena Beach a little North of Juneau...

With the 12-60 lens.

-- hide signature --

John Krumm
Juneau, AK

Hen3ry
Hen3ry Forum Pro • Posts: 18,218
Re: Upper Colo -- turn right a bit (or even left)

Wonderful streaks or light, Ollie, but I find the centralized composition drains the vibrancy out of it. I would have liked to see you turn the camera a bit to the right to cut out some of the nothing little trees on the left and include the more substantial tree on your right while moving the main interest away from the very centre of the pic..

Alternatively, turning left a bit to the left a bit would cut out the distraction of the piece of tree on the right while moving the main tree off-centre.

But yes, a lovely scene.

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +7 more
Hen3ry
Hen3ry Forum Pro • Posts: 18,218
Thanks for starting the thread, Dreeke, but …

… what about getting back to how SLO ran it, always starting on Sunday? made it an event, kind of when everyone would jump in.

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +7 more
Re: Upper Colo -- turn right a bit (or even left)

Hen3ry wrote:

Wonderful streaks or light, Ollie, but I find the centralized composition drains the vibrancy out of it. I would have liked to see you turn the camera a bit to the right to cut out some of the nothing little trees on the left and include the more substantial tree on your right while moving the main interest away from the very centre of the pic..

Alternatively, turning left a bit to the left a bit would cut out the distraction of the piece of tree on the right while moving the main tree off-centre.

But yes, a lovely scene.

Cheers, geoff

You may be right, Henry. I guess the effect I was hoping for was a central light source with the beams shooting in a more or less 360 pattern. It's a bit more 'crowded' than I would have liked.

These two captured something else again.

Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +20 more
jalywol
jalywol Veteran Member • Posts: 9,426
More Spring and a happy dog

Lovely weather out for humans, flowers, canines, and photography; and sometimes all four things at once

Posted the tulips in a thread earlier this week, but thought I would put them here again since I am really pleased with how they came out (EPM2 and 100-300 with extension)

-J

Chatokun
Chatokun Regular Member • Posts: 447
Re: *** this week through your m43 - 2013.05.20 ***

I was in the big apple for a friend's graduation (she is now Doctor friend!) and I saw the following sky. I'm not sure this is my final rendering, I may have the structure too high, but the crepuscular rays are more emphasized this way.

Sky near the 9/11 memorial.

Chatokun's gear list:Chatokun's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic LX100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +13 more
Re: *** this week through your m43 - 2013.05.20 ***

"crepuscular rays"

Thank you.

Now if I can just remember this term I can stop using "those little shiny shafty lighty thingys that poke through the gaps of other thingys".

Cheers.

kgwhite
kgwhite Veteran Member • Posts: 5,321
Seeing in black and white

The first was shot through a walk up window at a bar in downtown San Antonio. The second is at the marathon finish. It was cold that morning.

Re: Seeing in black and white

Like that first shot. Lonesome Tears.

"Home of Roy Orbison".

At first I thought that was "shutter shock" on the headstock.

....turned out to be a 12 string.

minniev Senior Member • Posts: 2,875
at the reservoir + one surprise

early morning shots at the reservoir 2 weekends ago. The surprise is in the middle photo. Check out the second fisherman from the left. You have to look at the bigger version to see. A space alien? A photographer in a halloween costume?

who is that?

kgwhite
kgwhite Veteran Member • Posts: 5,321
Re: at the reservoir + one surprise

The first one is very special indeed. Well done.

agott123 Senior Member • Posts: 2,035
EPL 2 Macros

The first two with a Sigma 180mm F5.6. Last one with the DZ 60mm F2.8

Alex

-- hide signature --

Couldn't help but make me feel ashamed to live in a land
Where justice is a game. From Bob Dylan's 'Hurricane'

agott123's gear list:agott123's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-330 Olympus PEN E-PL1 +21 more
alfredo_tomato
alfredo_tomato Veteran Member • Posts: 4,173
Some images on South Hill

Oly EPL-1 Sigma 30mm 2.8

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alfredo_tomato/

A 200 year old home.

The dearly departed Gatewood Galbraith, a folk hero in these parts. He championed industrial Hemp. He died before he could see his state take the first step in allowing Kentucky farmers a new revenue stream. Wille Nelson was a supporter of Gatewood.

alfredo_tomato's gear list:alfredo_tomato's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1s Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +11 more
agott123 Senior Member • Posts: 2,035
Re: Upper Colo Reserve - Western Sydney

Very nice

Alex

-- hide signature --

Couldn't help but make me feel ashamed to live in a land
Where justice is a game. From Bob Dylan's 'Hurricane'

agott123's gear list:agott123's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-330 Olympus PEN E-PL1 +21 more
Chez Wimpy
Chez Wimpy Veteran Member • Posts: 8,932
May @ 3:30am

I am not a morning person, but my location is really wasted if I don't get up for the sunrise.  To make matters worse, our JST time-zone is "off" while Russia (visible right across the straight) is two hours ahead this time of the year.  I have lived on this coast for three years, and am just now working up the strength to do this daily, but in another month, it will require getting up before 3.

Sun is so far to the north now, I have to use the 7-14 at 7mm to get both mountain and sun in the shot (GH2)

Almost 90degrees from the sun, a PL filter during the sunrise helps (OMD + 14-45).

Low tide (OMD+14-45)

@45mm I have to hand it to the tilt screens + CDAF making it easy to frame reflective shots from knee level.  On DSLR rigs this means precious minutes working with a tripod and MF.  The m43 approach gets me most of the way there in seconds.

OMD+14-45, and yes, springtime (of sorts) has finally begun

-- hide signature --

-CW

Chez Wimpy's gear list:Chez Wimpy's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 +25 more
sbszine
sbszine Contributing Member • Posts: 509
Long exposure

Not technically this week, but some photos from the gap between this thread and the last one.

My first E-M5 long exposure (this was with the 12-50). Sodium lights made WB difficult.

With the 75 / 1.8 in a shed.

More images from the shed here: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51475199

sbszine's gear list:sbszine's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads