Nikkor 105mm Pictures on D800

Started May 17, 2013 | Discussions
(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 19,115
Re: Nikkor 105mm Pictures on D800

Funduro wrote:

WOW ! That's some outstanding photography Kev Vincent !  Awesome work. Bookmarked your website. Quick question, will using extension tube(s) with a macro lens like the Nikon 105 f/2.8 be an issue with resolution or just that AF and VR ? Thanks in advance.

I don't think there is an issue with resolution as there are no optical elements involved....altho, it might be wise to ask the maths/physics dudes around here...as, I don't know how the new, higher sensor resolution might (could) be effected as we reach different pixel thresholds, etc.

Also, as an extension tube causes your lens to focus more closely than it was designed to...there is 'some' IQ degradation...is it actually resolution related?

Good question.

KEV

"No problem can be solved at the level of consciousness which created it" - Albert Einstein

Vettori Junior Member • Posts: 45

A couple shots with the 105, a portrait and a macro.

This is my favorite lens at the moment.

raimundo gaby
OP raimundo gaby Regular Member • Posts: 339

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

Funduro wrote:

WOW ! That's some outstanding photography Kev Vincent !  Awesome work. Bookmarked your website. Quick question, will using extension tube(s) with a macro lens like the Nikon 105 f/2.8 be an issue with resolution or just that AF and VR ? Thanks in advance.

I don't think there is an issue with resolution as there are no optical elements involved....altho, it might be wise to ask the maths/physics dudes around here...as, I don't know how the new, higher sensor resolution might (could) be effected as we reach different pixel thresholds, etc.

Also, as an extension tube causes your lens to focus more closely than it was designed to...there is 'some' IQ degradation...is it actually resolution related?

Good question.

KEV

"No problem can be solved at the level of consciousness which created it" - Albert Einstein

I love Macro photography, but more and more I realize how difficult it is to truly understand it,  specially when we add extension tubes, flash, etc. However, the pictures can introduce us to a completely different way to look at the world, and enjoy the many surprises in our computers...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads