FZ200 video playback

Started May 15, 2013 | Questions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
panabar New Member • Posts: 2
FZ200 video playback

I have recorded a few video's using the red button but my computer doesn't 'recognize' them on my memory card when I hook up my camera using the USB cable.

It recognizes the pictures I took but not the video's..I can play the video's on the camera using the playback function so I know they are there...

what am i doing wrong?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Zbyszek_Z Regular Member • Posts: 139
Re: FZ200 video playback

Most likely you do not know where your video files are located in the SD card.

Catalog DCIM contains still photos (JPEG and/or RAW files) while catolog PRIVATE contains video files. You should find stream files in one of the deeper laying catalogs.

I hope it helps.

-- hide signature --

Zbyszek

Zbyszek_Z's gear list:Zbyszek_Z's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +6 more
Hatstand Senior Member • Posts: 1,297

Do you have the codec for the Panasonic videos? Mine didn't work til I got an updated codec pack (K-Lite). If you install the software that came with the camera, that should do it too.

You also need a video player associated with the .MP4 files (if MP4 recording, I don't know what file extension is used if recording AVCHD, .MTS perhaps?)

seajunky
seajunky Senior Member • Posts: 1,614

I had a similar problem when I got my FZ200 a couple of weeks ago. I could find Mpeg 4's but not my AVCHD's. The only way I could find them was to reformat my SD card. It works fine now.

-- hide signature --

To earn some dosh from my piccy's. Yea right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

capnblinski
capnblinski Contributing Member • Posts: 534

panabar wrote:

I have recorded a few video's using the red button but my computer doesn't 'recognize' them on my memory card when I hook up my camera using the USB cable.

It recognizes the pictures I took but not the video's..I can play the video's on the camera using the playback function so I know they are there...

what am i doing wrong?

When you first open your memory card on your computer the videos are in a separate folder from the stills.

capnblinski's gear list:capnblinski's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads