19andrew47
19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 27,030
Re: Canadian West

Great view!

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: Morikami Gardens Delray Beach, Fl.

Nicely captured scene.  Looks like a nice place to be.

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: I thought I would share one

Great colour.  The second has a serene feel to it as well.  Like it a lot.

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: Slumbering monster

Very nice Rich.  You are doing well to be able to manage that length of time in the vehicle.  I drove to Hamilton Friday, walked around some antique stores for a while (seems like a popular pass time for many of us who can fall in to the category ourselves) and that was really more than I should have attempted.  I took my camera hoping for clear skies over the city for some shots from the upper city but no such luck.

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: Sonfjället

Great skies, especially the first.

Andrew

Stefan Kaben Veteran Member • Posts: 4,736
Colorado

I don't shoot a lot of landscapes, just because I'm not usually wearing those eyes. Here's one from about a month ago.

Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs

-- hide signature --
 Stefan Kaben's gear list:Stefan Kaben's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Rich Z
Rich Z Veteran Member • Posts: 7,311

Thanks, Andrew. Was in vehicle 15 hours, 508 miles, but stopped very often to get out and take pix, and had my brother along, he was happy to drive when my gut cramped up. Didn't plan on so many miles, but got blocked climbing over The Trinity Alps off the side of a side road over the North flank of Mt. Eddy by snow, so had to backtrack 50 miles to take a longer route to get into The Sacramento Valley. I was determined to get to the valley floor and take some shots of Mt. Shasta. Most amazing thing, I feel great today and am just about to go out and walk a half mile on my flower loop.

Robert A. Heinlein wrote that life consists of three departments: the surprise party department, the practical joke department, and the fairy-godmother department. I tend to agree with his philosophy. Rich

http://photobucket.com/dfr49_pix

Craig from Nevada
Craig from Nevada Veteran Member • Posts: 3,514
Re: Lake Tahoe...smooth as glass

I like it.  The color of the lake is not what I usually capture up there.

Craig from Nevada's gear list:Craig from Nevada's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Fujifilm X-T1 +17 more
Rich Z
Re: I thought I would share one

Really beautiful work, Shirley.  Love the blue sky in the first.  I spent a Summer in Missoula, back when cars still had wide white sidewall tires and running boards.  Glacier Park is one of my favorite places.  My mother was so terrified on The Going to the Sun Highway, she kept her head below the window level in the car.    Rich

jwhaide Regular Member • Posts: 231
Re: Bootstrap Sunday Scapes 12 - 5 - 13

This is the Astoria-Meggler bridge across the mouth of the Columbia River between Oregon and Washington.

E-30 with 12-60SWD

-- hide signature --

John in Hillsboro, Oregon
In Oregon you don't need to carry a gray card, you can just point your camera at the sky.
SP-500, 2 E-510 bodies, E-30, 14-42, 14-54 MkII, 12-60SWD,50-200SWD, 8mmFE, 35mm macro, 50mm macro, 40-150II, 70-300, 9-18, EX-25, ec-14 and FL36R
www.jwhaidephoto.com

jwhaide's gear list:jwhaide's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +15 more
19andrew47
Re: Colorado

Interesting view, especially the foreground rocks.

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: Bootstrap Sunday Scapes 12 - 5 - 13

Nicely composed image.  Like the bridge and the conversion.

Andrew

George Berner
George Berner Regular Member • Posts: 467
Re: Morikami Gardens Delray Beach, Fl.

Thank you Andrew. More photos can be seen on my flickr photostream.

George Berner's gear list:George Berner's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +30 more
Denjw
Denjw Veteran Member • Posts: 5,312
River reflections

Buchan River, Buchan, East Gippsland

Cheers

Dennis

-- hide signature --
 Denjw's gear list:Denjw's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II +16 more
CollBaxter
CollBaxter Forum Pro • Posts: 12,724
More Sosussvlei

Taken in Namibia (Note time is 1 hour out = fast)

E-5 12-60

-- hide signature --

Collin
(Aficionado Olympus DSLR )
http://collinbaxter.zenfolio.com/
http://www.pbase.com/collinbaxter
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)
New Seventh Wonder of the World.
http://www.pbase.com/collinbaxter/image/95297052.jpg

CollBaxter's gear list:CollBaxter's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 +15 more
MercurySoft1
MercurySoft1 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,161
That is so funny Rich,

I'm hoping to scare Marv and my good friend Michael (from England and afraid of heights) to death!  Well not literally, but I know I will probably hear a lot of complaining, "oh you're to close to the edge!!!"  I will just giggle.  Oh and I do remember big white walled tires too.  My first car (a 55 Buick Super) had fairly big white walls on it.   I still like how they look.  HA!

-- hide signature --

Shirl Haden
www.pbase.com/shaden008

MercurySoft1's gear list:MercurySoft1's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +3 more
MercurySoft1

That's a great shot!  I might have to try some panoramas on the trip.  Do you think they look better than a super wide lens like the 7-11 or is it just a totally different animal?  How come Mt. Shasta gives you the creeps?  It's sure gorgeous in your photos.  I guess my only concern would be if she blew!  I'll never forget when St. Helen's erupted, that was unreal!

-- hide signature --

Shirl Haden
www.pbase.com/shaden008

Olympus E-300 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +3 more
MercurySoft1
Re: Colorado

I'm glad you posted that shot Stefan!  I was at the Garden of the Gods sometime between Christmas and New Years Day 1972-73.  I thought it was beautiful.  It was fun to see your photo of it, did you enjoy Colorado?

-- hide signature --

Shirl Haden
www.pbase.com/shaden008

19andrew47
Re: More Sosussvlei

Like the second a lot Collin!  The first provides context for the second though.

Andrew

Rich Z
Different pix of slumbering monster

Well, Shirley, certainly not to the people in the affected area, but Mt. St. Helens was really not an enormous eruption and the mountain itself was not one of the larger Cascade volcanos (though one of the most beautiful, before it self destructed), even before it lost its top. Mt. Shasta is number two and Mt. Rainier is the big one. Both have lots of people living below, and if either blows, it could be a major disaster. Because of the enormity of the population living along The Puget Sound, a major eruption of Mt. Rainier could be an unimaginable disaster. It's considered to be potentially the most dangerous heavily populated area in the U.S. And that is why standing at the base of Mt. Shasta gives me the creeps. Neither Mt. Shasta nor Mt. Rainier are extinct, they just sleep.

I took some wide angle, and short telephoto shots of Mt. Shasta, too. But, you can get in close with a short telephoto and take the panels to stitch, and shoot them in portrait position, if you wish, thus getting more sky and foreground. What comes out is a wide close up( sort of ) with much more vertical coverage. A wide angle is going to give your subject less prominence in the photo, unless you're very close, and a long telephoto is going to give you only your subject, in the photo. Don't know if I explained it clearly. Does all that make any sense?
Here are two shot in a single frame to compare with the pano. One at 14mm, one at 54mm.
  And, you couldn't get me to live in that nice house on a cattle ranch for all the rice in China, India and Japan, put together. I've been studying geology, and especially vulcanology and plate tectonics since a boy, and volcanos fascinate me, just like a rattlesnake does. Rich

14mm

54mm

same pano

By the way, the pano was shot 50 miles South of the first two.  So, in the first two pix, you can't see Shastina ( a parasitic cone on the NE flank of Mt. Shasta ) as you're looking straight into it.  In the pano, Shastina appears more prominent and closer than it actually is, which is what I was going for.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads