[nx300] Continuous shooting high - Please Samsung fix this Locked

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions
This thread is locked.
cream Contributing Member • Posts: 849
Re: [nx300] Continuous shooting high - Please please Samsung ignore it

hi

same here i want this fixed too, having to sell all my old kit to pay for the nx300 ,

Samsung seem quick and good on the firmware so should be fixed soon,

every one with a nx300 just email the support team let them know please

thanks

mark

nx1000 still for sale as new

 cream's gear list:cream's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon Coolpix P900 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 Samsung NX500
Knallberto Veteran Member • Posts: 5,478
Re: [nx300] Continuous shooting high - Please Samsung ignore this
tecnoworld
OP tecnoworld Veteran Member • Posts: 7,148
Re: [nx300] Continuous shooting high - Please please Samsung ignore it

What's the email? Thx.

 tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX1 +15 more
jennyrae Senior Member • Posts: 2,690
Re: [nx300] Continuous shooting high - Please please Samsung ignore it

best and sensible advice ever. tell issue to proper medium. repeating issue like broken disc in every topic is unproductive and not solve problem.

jennyrae Senior Member • Posts: 2,690
Re: [nx300] Continuous shooting high - Please Samsung fix this

not offended but sad. what is goal achieved by repeating issue in every topic? will it solve problem? maybe contact Samsung support and repeat issue to make product better. readers not make camera solve problem but bring eyesore. also, honest and true observation is samsung forum lack pictures from users compare with other camera forums. I see when I see visit, problem, problem, problem like its end of the world. more focus of negative energy than positive appreciation. it is true, yes? no wonder why samsung product not appreciated because lack of appreciation to use equipment here. atleast sigma and others, focus on actual use, post pictures and appreciate cameras for what it can do than testing. any weakness, correction, bug is only treated as it is one time and not make big deal about it. i'm saying this forum need serious facelift and attitude of owners. just saying honest and true observation. sad and depressing. sorry, just i dont like forum with negative energy. maybe try listen to advice also. not good for heart.

chrisrabe Senior Member • Posts: 1,035
Re: [nx300] Continuous shooting high - Please Samsung fix this

jennyrae wrote:

not offended but sad. what is goal achieved by repeating issue in every topic? will it solve problem? maybe contact Samsung support and repeat issue to make product better. readers not make camera solve problem but bring eyesore. also, honest and true observation is samsung forum lack pictures from users compare with other camera forums. I see when I see visit, problem, problem, problem like its end of the world. more focus of negative energy than positive appreciation. it is true, yes? no wonder why samsung product not appreciated because lack of appreciation to use equipment here. atleast sigma and others, focus on actual use, post pictures and appreciate cameras for what it can do than testing. any weakness, correction, bug is only treated as it is one time and not make big deal about it. i'm saying this forum need serious facelift and attitude of owners. just saying honest and true observation. sad and depressing. sorry, just i dont like forum with negative energy. maybe try listen to advice also. not good for heart.

So, because you only want people to like Samsung's cameras, you don't think they should warn other of issues with their cameras?

Just how selfish are you?

Perhaps you should get busy making threads posting pics taken with your camera.

It's not the end users fault when a company messes things up for some people.

I imagine you woudn't be happy if they had dropped the camera from 20 to 5 megapixels.

Different people have different requirements from these cameras.

And when flaws are noticed, I think it's only right that they are pointed out to other potential buyers.

 chrisrabe's gear list:chrisrabe's gear list
Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony Alpha 7R II Sony a6300 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +5 more
jennyrae Senior Member • Posts: 2,690
Re: [nx300] Continuous shooting high - Please Samsung fix this

why you angry? why so negative? is people here in samsung forum like that and love negative feeling? maybe reason why this forum not popular because of bad people.

good to know of problem but say problem million times in repetition in every thread help solve problem? maybe ask person with problem if he done job to call samsung million times.

I stop talking to person with bad vibration now. you not good to talk and have bad manners.

chrisrabe Senior Member • Posts: 1,035
Re: [nx300] Continuous shooting high - Please Samsung fix this

jennyrae wrote:

why you angry? why so negative? is people here in samsung forum like that and love negative feeling? maybe reason why this forum not popular because of bad people.

good to know of problem but say problem million times in repetition in every thread help solve problem? maybe ask person with problem if he done job to call samsung million times.

I stop talking to person with bad vibration now. you not good to talk and have bad manners.

I am not angry and don't have bad manners.

I just have a low tolerance for people who try to tell other what to do. If you don't like reading about it, nobody is fording you to read this forum.

I too have had problems with the NX300, and as well as posting on here, have contacted Samsung. At least one of the issues I contacted them about was addressed (partially) in the first firmware update.

But for any other problems I have, not only will I contact Samsung, but post publicly, because that problem may be a major issue for someone, and anyone looking to purchase the camera deserves to have as much information as possible.

On the flip side, I have praised this camera where it deserves it, and have posted a lot of pictures taken with it  - some of them here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14067357@N04/sets/72157633316638447/with/8703147385/

 chrisrabe's gear list:chrisrabe's gear list
Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony Alpha 7R II Sony a6300 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +5 more
tecnoworld
OP tecnoworld Veteran Member • Posts: 7,148
Re: [nx300] Continuous shooting high - Please Samsung ignore this

Next time they will say nothing about anything so they will be able to produce a 0,5mpixel camera costing 1000€ and let you think it's 40mpixel. Shame on samsung. Why they don't reply here about this topic? Why they don't admit their newer camera is LESS capable than older models i  continuous shooting with raw? That at least would be honest behavior.

I will now write to every reviewer and let them know this fact, hoping it can reach samsung.

 tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX1 +15 more
tecnoworld
OP tecnoworld Veteran Member • Posts: 7,148
Re: [nx300] Continuous shooting high - Please Samsung fix this

Exactly. Even if I like many things of nx300, I woukd have postponed buying it, if I had known that I wouldn't have been able to use raw in continuous shooting.

How can I contact Samsung about this issue? Thx.

 tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX1 +15 more
chrisrabe Senior Member • Posts: 1,035
Re: [nx300] Continuous shooting high - Please Samsung fix this

tecnoworld wrote:

Exactly. Even if I like many things of nx300, I woukd have postponed buying it, if I had known that I wouldn't have been able to use raw in continuous shooting.

How can I contact Samsung about this issue? Thx.

Honestly, I don't know how to get in touch with the more technical, and relevant, department directly.

I used the support contact through the Samsung.com site, who said they forwarded on my email to the relevant people.

Now when I want to update them, I just reply to the same email and they tell me they have forwarded it.

Another way, is I post "questions" on the Q&A section on the NX300 product page (think only did this on the UK page), and they either give suggestions, or say they have forwarded on the info to the relevant people.

Oh, I just remembered they responded to some of my questions by giving a phone number for support, which may be worth trying - 03307267864. Is likely a UK number though.

 chrisrabe's gear list:chrisrabe's gear list
Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony Alpha 7R II Sony a6300 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +5 more
tecnoworld
OP tecnoworld Veteran Member • Posts: 7,148
Re: [nx300] Continuous shooting high - Please Samsung fix this

Could you send an email to them pointing out this issue about raw continuous shooting? I suspect they don't even know there is. Thx.

 tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX1 +15 more
MOD Taffy Veteran Member • Posts: 5,006
ENOUGH, I have sent some PM's to certain people here, but........................

Look this is to no one in particular, but despit my sending out PMs to a few of you here, you still insist on this bickeriing, childish attitude. If there is any more of it, I will not send out wrnings again, whoever is concerned will receive a ban, whether it be a temporary ban, or if your attitude warrants it a permanent ban. Please, all of you here, calm down, and respond to each other as you would wish to be spoken to, yourselves. I have had enough of this thread now, so I'm locking it down. If I get any more response about it, t will be removed, and you will be banned.

-- hide signature --

Have a good day.
Regards, Allan.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads