E-P5 images leaked

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
sadwitch Senior Member • Posts: 1,117
E-P5 images leaked
Olympus PEN E-P5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
4thnebula Senior Member • Posts: 1,991
Flip-up LCD is a good thing...

High res. EVF also a plus.  Two things I was expecting the EP5 to be missing.

4thnebula's gear list:4thnebula's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Sony a6000 Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM Olympus PEN E-PL5 +12 more
Hen3ry
Hen3ry Forum Pro • Posts: 15,936
Oh, wait, it IS a tilt screen …

But the VF4 sure doesn’t look like anything to write home about in terms of being more clmpact and better looking than the VF2. Maybe it has a lock! 

Well, wait and see on May 9/10.

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +5 more
sadwitch OP Senior Member • Posts: 1,117
Re: Oh, wait, it IS a tilt screen …

I like the recessed mode dial akin to E-P2

The OMD dials tend to get knock about easily

-- hide signature --
Ulric Senior Member • Posts: 3,595
Re: Oh, wait, it IS a tilt screen …

Hen3ry wrote:

But the VF4 sure doesn’t look like anything to write home about in terms of being more clmpact and better looking than the VF2. Maybe it has a lock! 

At least it has an "unlock" button.

Ulric's gear list:Ulric's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +9 more
notice the black version of the 17mm f1.8?
-- hide signature --
cptobvious Contributing Member • Posts: 765
Re: E-P5 images leaked

Interesting - a black 17mm f/1.8

Thomas Kachadurian
Thomas Kachadurian Veteran Member • Posts: 3,203

Add-on viewfinder = no thanks.

Tom

www.kachadurian.com
Call me crazy. I happen to like photos of cats.

Blackdog68 Regular Member • Posts: 250
Re: notice the black version of the 17mm f1.8?

only $200 more for the black paint!

BingoCharlie Contributing Member • Posts: 849

So what's the symbol between the SCN and movie modes on the dial?

I was wondering what's that too...

Look like an icon that represents collage image or frames... or maybe some WIFI connectivity with mobile phones

-- hide signature --
alatchin Senior Member • Posts: 1,055

New symbol is probably some type of collage feature... tke a picture and it will collage them for you?

sadwitch wrote:

Via http://digicame-info.com/

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” -Ansel Adams
blog.alatchinphotography(dot)com

DLBlack Forum Pro • Posts: 11,954

Nice leaked photos!  Still without a built-in evf it is not a camera that I will be interested in.  Still it is good to see what te E-P5 is going to be like so that I can better guess what the next OMD or atleast the E-M5 replacement will be like.

Dave

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II +31 more
FoolyCooly Veteran Member • Posts: 3,484
E-PL5 in a Pretty Dress?

I like the two control wheels, recessed mode dial and pop-up flash but what's different under the hood?

MSRP should be $300- $400 more than current prices for the E-PL5 and you still have to pay $200 extra for the viewfinder. IDK... it could be worth the extra cost.

-- hide signature --

The best camera is the one you have with you.

Chatokun
Chatokun Regular Member • Posts: 447

alatchin wrote:

New symbol is probably some type of collage feature... tke a picture and it will collage them for you?

sadwitch wrote:

Via http://digicame-info.com/

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” -Ansel Adams
blog.alatchinphotography(dot)com

Panorama maybe? Not sure why it'd need it's own position on the wheel. Still, I like that there's two dials here in such a compact form. It's one of the things I loved about switching to the OMD and was impressed with on the G6 (after coming from GX1, EPL1). The EVF is the only thing I dislike so far (and likely the price). Built in flash was unexpected but welcome. Does look like a handsome camera.

Chatokun's gear list:Chatokun's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +12 more
mievil Forum Member • Posts: 99

And the other day people said that and the response was "never. Olympus would never make a black one. It's silver, and you'll like it."

jkrumm Veteran Member • Posts: 9,075
That's one big EVF

Is it me or does it look a lot larger than the previous version? Makes me wonder how nice it will look. Perhaps a preview of what "pro" offering is coming in the fall with a built in evf.

-- hide signature --

John Krumm
Juneau, AK

Aleo Veuliah
Aleo Veuliah MOD Forum Pro • Posts: 14,630
Re: Still no built in EVF rangefinder style.

Still no built in EVF rangefinder style, let's see who made it first on Micro 4/3, Panasonic Lumix or Olympus.

Or maybe they will never make it. but if they do it will be a camera that is going to sell a lot.

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.
If plan A doesn't work, the alphabet has 25 more letters, keep calm.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Aleo Photo Site

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +4 more
Valentinian
Valentinian Contributing Member • Posts: 701

It is like an E M-5 without VF. The price will be like the E M-5. So, how does it improve on it?

will the AF be faster than on the E M-5 ?

will it struggle less than E M-5 to focus in very low light ?

Valentinian's gear list:Valentinian's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +2 more
DLBlack Forum Pro • Posts: 11,954
Re: Still no built in EVF rangefinder style.

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

Still no built in EVF rangefinder style, let's see who made it first on Micro 4/3, Panasonic Lumix or Olympus.

Or maybe they will never make it. but if they do it will be a camera that is going to sell a lot.

I totally agree.  My wife has an E-PL2 where the optional evf lives in the hotshoe.  I have the E-M5 and my wife really likes it since it has an evf.  My wife has a birthday coming up at the end of June.  I am planning on buying her a new camera.  I was kind of hoping that the E-P5 will be have a built-in evf or at least an add-on evf that doesn't look too bad and allows an hotshoe flash to be used.    So I am still waiting to see what the actual specs are and all the other tidbits of information but right now it looks like I will buy an E-M5 for my wife for her birthday.

Still the E-P5 does look to be a good camera and hopefully it will sell real good.  Still I would think one with a built-in evf would sell even better.  So right now mft does not have an Nex6/7 or E-X1 equivalent in body style.

Dave

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II +31 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads