No more SLT!

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
andreac75 Regular Member • Posts: 287
No more SLT!

It is one year that I'm asking an srl without any mirror like nex!!!!

Rashkae Senior Member • Posts: 1,167
Yeah so?

You really think Sony will release that technology before they are good and ready? It's also well knows that Sony is already heading in that direction.

So what's the point of this thread other than to be redundant and repeat what has already been discussed to death?

andreac75 OP Regular Member • Posts: 287
Re: Yeah so?

For the first time there is an "official" rumor that confirm this.

inFocus Contributing Member • Posts: 641
Ok..

andreac75 wrote:

an "official" rumor.

Since it's not a fact, it must be the truth.

dennismullen
dennismullen Veteran Member • Posts: 8,994

What's an "official" rumor?

-- hide signature --

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin.
You can see larger versions of my pictures at www.dennismullen.com.

It is from sonyalpharumors that usually has good news and not fakes

cosmonaut
cosmonaut Senior Member • Posts: 2,197

dennismullen wrote:

What's an "official" rumor?

-- hide signature --

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin.
You can see larger versions of my pictures at www.dennismullen.com.

I don't know but I am already saving money for the next high end Sony full frame. In the mean time I have a few years with the a99. I can only imagine what the next flagship will have?

I have swore off cropped sensors. No more.

Sonyshine
Sonyshine Senior Member • Posts: 7,902
Re: Oooh! Exciting!

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-there-will-be-no-more-aps-c-slt-cameras-anymore/

We all knew it would happen one day......mirrorless will be the future - its just a a matter of when and how much I guess?

Bring it on!

Sonyshine's gear list:Sonyshine's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +7 more
LOL

andreac75 wrote:

You *do* understand what a "rumor" is, right? And how often SAR has gotten it wrong?

As for the mirrorless cameras, it's pretty much well known that Sony is focusing on a FF NEX as well as eliminating SLT entirely, but that this may only pop up in 2014.

Re: LOL

Rashkae wrote:

andreac75 wrote:

You *do* understand what a "rumor" is, right? And how often SAR has gotten it wrong?

As for the mirrorless cameras, it's pretty much well known that Sony is focusing on a FF NEX as well as eliminating SLT entirely, but that this may only pop up in 2014.

Here, let me help you in andrea's own words:

"And before you read it keep in mind that this is a rumor and not an official news. Rumors are not based on official facts but on anonymous and unproven…well rumors"

justcuz Forum Member • Posts: 70
Re: Oooh! Exciting!

as long as the cost can be kept in check and we can get fast continuous shooting, fast shot to shot time...I'm all for it.  But I won't pay $1,000 for a slower camera body just because it's smaller and mirrorless.  I will switch systems if that happens.

But guessing Sony is a lot smarter than that.

justcuz's gear list:justcuz's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x II +1 more
liquid stereo
liquid stereo Veteran Member • Posts: 7,255
Fantastic!

andreac75 wrote:

It is one year that I'm asking an srl without any mirror like nex!!!!

More light to the sensor!!!

liquid stereo's gear list:liquid stereo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +6 more
Frenske Veteran Member • Posts: 4,180

Rashkae wrote:

andreac75 wrote:

Is a full frame NEX not just a rumor too? I honestly don't see the point of a FF NEX. A tiny camera  behind a mammoth full-frame lens.

We all knew that the SLT will disappear when the on-sensor-focussing improved. That the SLT cameras will disappear is not surprise and not even an rumor. The only surprise/rumor is the speed that it happened. Maybe Sony had a break-through with a new focussing method, although it might be just an incremental improvement since some camera producers already managed reliable and semi-fast focussing in cameras.

-- hide signature --
sean lancaster
sean lancaster Veteran Member • Posts: 6,814

Rashkae wrote:

Rashkae wrote:

andreac75 wrote:

Here, let me help you in andrea's own words:

"And before you read it keep in mind that this is a rumor and not an official news. Rumors are not based on official facts but on anonymous and unproven…well rumors"

He posts that on every rumor, but he also rates rumors. Rumors that are highly unreliable get an SR1 rating. The most reliable rumors get the highest rating of SR5. This current "rumor" is one Andrea has given an SR5 rating. Typically that means the person submitting the rumor has submitted other rumors that have always panned out as true.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R II Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +4 more
Dirk W Senior Member • Posts: 2,328
Unfair!

Poor people who just invested in an expensive SLT body that will soon be outdated by some superior totally new successor technology - if nothing else this will really hurt the resale-value of the SLT.

Dirk W's gear list:Dirk W's gear list
Sony Alpha a6300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +12 more

Yes but he also rate the news ad sr5 !
Btw if the focus system works properly I think it will ne the right solution.

Archer66 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,052
Re: Unfair!

Dirk W wrote:

Poor people who just invested in an expensive SLT body that will soon be outdated by some superior totally new successor technology

Poor people who just invested in an OVF SLR body that is already outdated.

Archer66 wrote:

Dirk W wrote:

Poor people who just invested in an expensive SLT body that will soon be outdated by some superior totally new successor technology

An OVF DSLR is not outdated, because it does not and will never have anything that is permanently blocking light from the sensor. Sony, a couple of years later, seems finally also have understood that this is not good.

Sony Alpha a6300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +12 more
Archer66 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,052

Dirk W wrote:

Archer66 wrote:

Dirk W wrote:

An OVF DSLR is not outdated

I'm sure you believe it if you say it many times.

Archer66 wrote:

Dirk W wrote:

Archer66 wrote:

Dirk W wrote:

An OVF DSLR is not outdated

I'm sure you believe it if you say it many times.

LOL that is your style, eh? Cutting away my reasoning from the quote and then acting as if it was not there. I understand that you must be frustrated, poor you!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads