Watching the sunset in Cape Cod, Massachusetts
JasprB New Member • Posts: 17
Re: Watching the sunset in Cape Cod, Massachusetts

Great shot! Thanks for sharing.

JasprB's gear list:JasprB's gear list
NEX5R Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +3 more
PSCL1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,378

Yes, great shot.  However, if you had had a chance to pose the viewer in rela to the sun, I'd have more angular separation between viewer and sun and also move composition more to the right.  Parenthetically, there is no sense of place to the picture, i.e. no land/seascape or other feature indicating that this sunset is being watched on Cape Cod.  So the location is really irrelevant to the shot and there is no reason to include it in any title or description.

PSCL1's gear list:PSCL1's gear list
Leica X1 Nikon D80 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Sony Alpha NEX-3N +27 more
KENTGA Veteran Member • Posts: 4,666

I'm not trying to be a smart a**, but he just mentioned that the shot was made at Cape Cod. I suppose he could have put up a sign, but, frankly, I've never been to very many beaches that were identifiable.

Nice photo and good idea.

Kent

KENTGA's gear list:KENTGA's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 80D Tamron AF 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO +14 more
David Nall
David Nall Forum Pro • Posts: 15,154

I was thinking the same thing.  If the OP hadn't mentioned Cape Code, I would have thought this had to be from the West Coast or the west side of Florida.  I had no idea such a shot was possible from where this was taken.  Very nice shot IMHO, and thanks for the description.  Dave

-- hide signature --

Visit my gallery at http://davesphotography9173.zenfolio.com/
View of Yosemite Valley, Bridalveil fall 4 frame vertical pano taken from the tunnel parking lot.
http://davesphotography9173.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v58/p1109307522-2.jpg

David Nall's gear list:David Nall's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +11 more
19andrew47
19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 23,771

Very nice image obviously taken from the west side of the Cape.  Haven't been there since 1965.

Andrew

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads