How do I mount an 8x10 photo?

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Questions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Multi-SportsMom Contributing Member • Posts: 598
How do I mount an 8x10 photo?

I am entering a photo in the local art show. What size mounting board would i put an 8x10 on? The only rules they said is no frames. They must be able to be displayed but do not have to be framed or have hangers.

Plus what is the best adhesive to adhere it?

Multi-SportsMom's gear list:Multi-SportsMom's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 3,985
Re: How do I mount an 8x10 photo?

If you just want to spray it and stick it on, any art supply will have 3M or some such product.  Since it's just a one off contest that's probably good enough.

If they didn't specify mount size, the same art supply will have pre-cut mounting boards of various  sizes.  See what you think looks good.  It's reasonably common to select the next larger standard size.

-- hide signature --

One day long ago, a sorcerer and a warrior did battle, as such things were commonplace in that age. Sometimes the sorcerer won, and the sum value of human abilities was improved some trifling amount. Sometimes the warrior won, and again the human race improved by some insignificant amount, for a sorcerer who can't defeat one miserable warrior is a poor sorcerer indeed.

Hugowolf Forum Pro • Posts: 12,549

Multi-SportsMom wrote:

I am entering a photo in the local art show. What size mounting board would i put an 8x10 on? The only rules they said is no frames. They must be able to be displayed but do not have to be framed or have hangers.

"Do not have to be framed" is very different from saying "no frames". If it is the former, then you may be competing with nicely framed prints.

Brian A

Multi-SportsMom OP Contributing Member • Posts: 598

coronawithlime wrote:

If you just want to spray it and stick it on, any art supply will have 3M or some such product.  Since it's just a one off contest that's probably good enough.

If they didn't specify mount size, the same art supply will have pre-cut mounting boards of various  sizes.  See what you think looks good.  It's reasonably common to select the next larger standard size.

-- hide signature --

One day long ago, a sorcerer and a warrior did battle, as such things were commonplace in that age. Sometimes the sorcerer won, and the sum value of human abilities was improved some trifling amount. Sometimes the warrior won, and again the human race improved by some insignificant amount, for a sorcerer who can't defeat one miserable warrior is a poor sorcerer indeed.

thats what i was thinking, as they have a "sticker" with your info on it too.

Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +5 more
Multi-SportsMom OP Contributing Member • Posts: 598

Hugowolf wrote:

Multi-SportsMom wrote:

"Do not have to be framed" is very different from saying "no frames". If it is the former, then you may be competing with nicely framed prints.

Brian A

The brochure says no frames, and then they told me "do not have to be framed"

Pete Berry Senior Member • Posts: 2,644

Stock mats with backing board in 11x14" overall size, with 7.5x9.5" window for print are widely available at art supply stores such as Michaels, Aaron Bros., and department stores such as Target.

PB

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads