Purpose of thumb_file/photo in iPhoto?
What is the purpose of thumb_ in iPhoto?
The reason I ask is because I recently downloaded some photo and video files from an external HD that contained my old iPhoto library . When the photo/video files were imported to my new iMac's iPhoto, the Jpeg_plusthumb_ pictures were both added to new iPhoto Events/Pictures.
Can I safely delete the thumb_ picture from iPhoto?
Thanks for advice.
Should I just go to Apple store and ask an iPhoto specialist first before messing with my photo files?
If you use Time Machine, I would simply restore your library from before the import. Then you can sort out which photos to import and avoid the duplicates.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%