NX300 new firmware

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
wakkaday Regular Member • Posts: 191
Re: NX300 new firmware

does it give you any options on video mode? adjusting settings whilst filming

and where can i get the firmware for uk?

chrisrabe Contributing Member • Posts: 774
Re: NX300 new firmware
 chrisrabe's gear list:chrisrabe's gear list
Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony Alpha 7R II Sony Alpha a6300 Sony FE 28mm F2 +5 more
samson66 Junior Member • Posts: 27
Re: NX300 new firmware

I have updated the second nx300, and verified they both have issues with auto backup feature.

thanks

tecnoworld
tecnoworld Veteran Member • Posts: 6,800
Re: NX300 new firmware

this is bad. do you think the new firmware makes the camera less responsive, also?

p.s.: I see there is now a lens firmware also for the 85mm lens!

 tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX1 +15 more
tjobbe
tjobbe Senior Member • Posts: 1,430
Re: NX300 new firmware

tecnoworld wrote:

this is bad. do you think the new firmware makes the camera less responsive, also?

p.s.: I see there is now a lens firmware also for the 85mm lens!

the V1.10 for 85mm had been released with the NX20 as far as I am aware so maybe they just added it to the NX300 to capture the need.

EDIT: it seems that Samsung had addressed one issue from the past that it was hard to find the lensware and now added the last lensware released of the 30 and the 85 to all current NX models

 tjobbe's gear list:tjobbe's gear list
Samsung NX300 Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 12-24mm F4-5.6 ED Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samyang 35mm F1.4 AS UMC +18 more
viking79
viking79 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,137
Re: NX300 new firmware

tjobbe wrote:

tecnoworld wrote:

this is bad. do you think the new firmware makes the camera less responsive, also?

p.s.: I see there is now a lens firmware also for the 85mm lens!

the V1.10 for 85mm had been released with the NX20 as far as I am aware so maybe they just added it to the NX300 to capture the need.

They used to always hide the lens firmwares on whatever camera it was released with, so they can be hard to find.  There are some on NX10, NX20, NX300 pages, all different.  Maybe they are trying to make them more visible.

I think it might have been you that pointed that out to me?  Anyway, I am glad I know about it now, not sure if it made a difference or not for how I shoot.

Eric

-- hide signature --

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)
See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

 viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Raf007 OP Regular Member • Posts: 178
Re: NX300 new firmware

tecnoworld wrote:

p.s.: I see there is now a lens firmware also for the 85mm lens!

It seems to be an old firmware released back in Sept 2012. Its got a proper label now so it is actually possible to find it. People were complaining that it is very difficult to find any lens update unless you know exactly where to look for it. Maybe Samsung started to listen what users are saying on this forum? 

haha, he forum loads very slowly for me atm

wakkaday Regular Member • Posts: 191
Re: NX300 new firmware

is the video mode still auto? anyuthing we can do..

chrisrabe Contributing Member • Posts: 774
Re: NX300 new firmware

They have now implemented manual iso control in manual mode, so everything there is full manual control - however, they still only allow up to ISO3200, which I hope they will allow us to increase. Once you go over 3200 it goes back to auto (and not sure if it sticks at 3200 or adjusts as it sees fit)

In shutter/aperture priority and program ae you still only get auto ISO, but as they have fixed this in one place, we can hope they will fix it in others.

More important to me, and not sure how they will address it, is to have some means of getting a 16:9 preview of what is going to be recorded before hitting record button!

 chrisrabe's gear list:chrisrabe's gear list
Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony Alpha 7R II Sony Alpha a6300 Sony FE 28mm F2 +5 more
tecnoworld
tecnoworld Veteran Member • Posts: 6,800
Re: NX300 new firmware

There is one person from samsung reading this forum. You should contact him and let him know the remining bugs.

I think that 16:9 preview is fundamental, and so is selectable iso in every mode.

P.s. has af speed improved with this fw?

 tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX1 +15 more
chrisrabe Contributing Member • Posts: 774
Re: NX300 new firmware

tecnoworld wrote:

P.s. has af speed improved with this fw?

I did not have very much time to play with it yet since updating, but it generally seemed faster, apart from those occasions where it just wouldn't focus at all - these occasions I sometimes find odd, as there seemed to be what should be enough contrast to get a lock

It would be good to know when the camera uses phase detection as opposed to contrast detection.

 chrisrabe's gear list:chrisrabe's gear list
Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony Alpha 7R II Sony Alpha a6300 Sony FE 28mm F2 +5 more
wakkaday Regular Member • Posts: 191
Re: NX300 new firmware

there is not any new update on the 20-50mm lens which is being shipped in uk is there?

Knallberto Veteran Member • Posts: 5,478
Re: NX300 new firmware

terrible! also no update for 5-499mm. World goes down ...

chrisrabe Contributing Member • Posts: 774
Re: NX300 new firmware
2

Knallberto wrote:

terrible! also no update for 5-499mm. World goes down ...

What is your problem that you are constantly spouting rubbish on here?

Really, in the cases where you have nothing constructive to add, why not just be quiet?

 chrisrabe's gear list:chrisrabe's gear list
Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony Alpha 7R II Sony Alpha a6300 Sony FE 28mm F2 +5 more
Knallberto Veteran Member • Posts: 5,478
Re: NX300 new firmware

some people search for update 1.09, 2.11, 3.14159, 3.99, don't know what it makes - and forget to make photos.

It's senseless like crying for 128.000 or 256.000.000 iso or saying: 8 mpixel are enough!

timedrun Contributing Member • Posts: 683
Re: NX300 new firmware

Knallberto wrote:

some people search for update 1.09, 2.11, 3.14159, 3.99, don't know what it makes - and forget to make photos.

It's senseless like crying for 128.000 or 256.000.000 iso or saying: 8 mpixel are enough!

There is an actual league for this sort of thing, its tiered into three.

Group 1 is people who just take pictures and dont ever post on the internet. Theyre the best.

Group 2 is people who take pictures and post on internet sites about firmware updates and about cameras.

Group 3, and bottom of the pile, is people who make posts on internet sites ridiculing people in group 2 for not being in group 1.

-- hide signature --

A little green rosetta......a tiny green rosetta........

 timedrun's gear list:timedrun's gear list
Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8 Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS
chrisrabe Contributing Member • Posts: 774
Re: NX300 new firmware

timedrun wrote:

Knallberto wrote:

some people search for update 1.09, 2.11, 3.14159, 3.99, don't know what it makes - and forget to make photos.

It's senseless like crying for 128.000 or 256.000.000 iso or saying: 8 mpixel are enough!

There is an actual league for this sort of thing, its tiered into three.

Group 1 is people who just take pictures and dont ever post on the internet. Theyre the best.

Group 2 is people who take pictures and post on internet sites about firmware updates and about cameras.

Group 3, and bottom of the pile, is people who make posts on internet sites ridiculing people in group 2 for not being in group 1.

-- hide signature --

A little green rosetta......a tiny green rosetta........

Nicely put.

But I guess nobody here here falls in cat 1

 chrisrabe's gear list:chrisrabe's gear list
Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony Alpha 7R II Sony Alpha a6300 Sony FE 28mm F2 +5 more
branty1970 New Member • Posts: 3
Re: NX300 new firmware

Hi,

Just got my new NX300 and it has firmware version 1.0. I went to the Samsung site and downloaded a massive 240MB firmware update file and the lens update to. They're both just .bin files. Can someone explain how to actually get the new firmware onto the camera?

Thanks,

Souly
Souly New Member • Posts: 6
Re: NX300 new firmware

branty1970 wrote:

Hi,

Just got my new NX300 and it has firmware version 1.0. I went to the Samsung site and downloaded a massive 240MB firmware update file and the lens update to. They're both just .bin files. Can someone explain how to actually get the new firmware onto the camera?

Thanks,

exactly what im trying to figure out

 Souly's gear list:Souly's gear list
Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Apple iPhone 5s +1 more
Mario3D Junior Member • Posts: 30
Re: NX300 new firmware
 Mario3D's gear list:Mario3D's gear list
Samsung NX300 Samsung NX1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads