Best type of light for portaiture?
Barrie Davis wrote:
My own set of 4 monolights are 35 years old, and still going strong.
Mine are 6 months old...and still going strong.
Cost about $130/piece. 3 second refresh on full power. Actual power probably closer to 350ws. Bowens compatible speedrings.
They only have 100 watt modeling lights. I've seen these rebranded too. They have cooling fans and so far, have been reliable (though admittedly I haven't used them nearly as much as my easier to haul out speedlights.) I recall reading of someone swapping out the model lights for ones with more power.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4