Street ptography attempt - many photos

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions
a1man Regular Member • Posts: 250
Re: Street ptography attempt - many photos

Sometimes when i see great photos, I try to imagine how I would take that photo and rarely I can see myself taking that picture. But these pictures are out of this world, I don't know how someone can catch those moments out of a studio! This is like a huge rocket taking off, it looks beautiful and complicated but I don't know how they do it. How do you do it? That man carrying cans has one foot in the air, I can see the reflection under his foot, his direction and the direction of the motion blurred rail car are in harmony and they are all in the same picture! Simply unbelievable, I can't imagine myself taking these pictures.Yet you are so humble as if what you are doing is ordinary.

a1man's gear list:a1man's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000
ijustloveshooting
OP ijustloveshooting Senior Member • Posts: 2,997

a1man wrote:

Sometimes when i see great photos, I try to imagine how I would take that photo and rarely I can see myself taking that picture. But these pictures are out of this world, I don't know how someone can catch those moments out of a studio! This is like a huge rocket taking off, it looks beautiful and complicated but I don't know how they do it. How do you do it? That man carrying cans has one foot in the air, I can see the reflection under his foot, his direction and the direction of the motion blurred rail car are in harmony and they are all in the same picture! Simply unbelievable, I can't imagine myself taking these pictures.Yet you are so humble as if what you are doing is ordinary.

many thanks for your compliments about my photos...Don't underestimate yourself, since more or less 3 months ago, i was taking only photos of flowers and some objects...with the low light capabilities of nex5N+F1.8 lens, i throw myself to  streets, what i liked the most and started shooting... you never know what will you get when you're out, this is the best part of streets i think.

about the photo you liked the most, i shoot in continious mode, therefore i had plenty of photos of this can collector and choosed the best one...many thanks again and keep shooting!

ijustloveshooting's gear list:ijustloveshooting's gear list
Fujifilm X-A1 Sony a7 II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +10 more
salla30
salla30 Senior Member • Posts: 2,596

you have said this several times. I can believe you. The benefit of the 50-1.8 lens is clear, it has transformed your ability to get candid shots.

I think also you must be in a quite camera-tolerant environment. I think it helps to get out and simply take loads of pics, like you say, to overcome personal self confidence to get good images and work the angles to capture the image that you want to capture.

Above all, your humility AND excellent talent are inspiring, making us all want to get out and achieve!!!

Thanks again!

salla30's gear list:salla30's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a5000 +1 more
cptrios Senior Member • Posts: 1,352

Well, I think that the effusive praise on here might be slightly over the top...but having said that, these are just about the best member-produced street photos I've ever seen on DPR. Really good job!

I'm really happy that this has been kept in the sidebar for the last few days. These photos should stand as an example for all of the people trying to "shoot street." It's not about walking around like a ninja trying to snap clandestine shots of random people you see, or shooting picture after picture of people walking in the other direction on the sidewalk. It's not about successfully taking a shot of an attractive woman without her noticing, or someone dressed oddly, or some unsuspecting homeless person curled up on a park bench.

Just a little bit of extra confidence in your own presence, awareness of the moment, and effort put into composition will yield infinitely better results. Ijustloveshooting's shots invoke a genuine sense of mood that's missing from 99% of street shots. Even if that's all they had, it'd make a huge difference!

salla30

but having said that, these are just about the best member-produced street photos I've ever seen on DPR. Really good job!

Haha, join the club with the praise

ijustloveshooting

salla30 wrote:

I think also you must be in a quite camera-tolerant environment. I think it helps to get out and simply take loads of pics, like you say, to overcome personal self confidence to get good images and work the angles to capture the image that you want to capture.

Above all, your humility AND excellent talent are inspiring, making us all want to get out and achieve!!!

Thanks again!

Actually, my environment is not that accustomed to photography, i'm trying to be sneaky as much as possible, and nex system helps me alot, actually, one of my main reasons to get nex, because of stealth operations ...

i'm quite sure, you'll achieve what you want, soon...thanks ..

Fujifilm X-A1 Sony a7 II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +10 more
ijustloveshooting

cptrios wrote:

Well, I think that the effusive praise on here might be slightly over the top...but having said that, these are just about the best member-produced street photos I've ever seen on DPR. Really good job!

I'm really happy that this has been kept in the sidebar for the last few days. These photos should stand as an example for all of the people trying to "shoot street." It's not about walking around like a ninja trying to snap clandestine shots of random people you see, or shooting picture after picture of people walking in the other direction on the sidewalk. It's not about successfully taking a shot of an attractive woman without her noticing, or someone dressed oddly, or some unsuspecting homeless person curled up on a park bench.

Just a little bit of extra confidence in your own presence, awareness of the moment, and effort put into composition will yield infinitely better results. Ijustloveshooting's shots invoke a genuine sense of mood that's missing from 99% of street shots. Even if that's all they had, it'd make a huge difference!

many thanks for these comments,,,

salla30

maybe that is why you are getting such interesting shots; because the environment is not so friendly. Interesting thoughts. There must be piles of essays and such about the "pychology of street shooting"

salla30

i just googled it. in fact there's some fascinating stuff...

http://erickimphotography.com/blog/2011/11/10-things-sociology-has-taught-me-about-street-photography/

this is very interesting.

ijustloveshooting

salla30 wrote:

i just googled it. in fact there's some fascinating stuff...

http://erickimphotography.com/blog/2011/11/10-things-sociology-has-taught-me-about-street-photography/

this is very interesting.

yes, interesting stuff , thanks

Paul_B Midlands UK
Paul_B Midlands UK Contributing Member • Posts: 601

Looks like the kind of city part if town time of day you could get easily robbed, NEX is fairly discrete. Nice one.
--
Paul Bentley

Paul_B Midlands UK's gear list:Paul_B Midlands UK's gear list
Leica Q
Cailean Gallimore Veteran Member • Posts: 6,083
Re: a few more that i forgot to add

I am not ashamed to say that I am a fan of our friends work 

ijustloveshooting

silvrmn wrote:

What city is this?

sorry for late reply,

it's Bursa, in Turkiye,,,,

ijustloveshooting

Paul_B Midlands UK wrote:

Looks like the kind of city part if town time of day you could get easily robbed, NEX is fairly discrete. Nice one.
--
Paul Bentley

Hello, you're quite wrong about the city, it's one of the safetiest place in the world i think, people are great here,,,you're invited!

thanks,

ijustloveshooting
Re: a few more that i forgot to add

Cailean Gallimore wrote:

I am not ashamed to say that I am a fan of our friends work 

thanks again for your couragement

Pete peterson
Pete peterson Regular Member • Posts: 388

Great pictures .

Did you PP them or are they OOC jpgs?

Pete peterson's gear list:Pete peterson's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6
JeffGo Contributing Member • Posts: 840

Love these!

JeffGo's gear list:JeffGo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS20 Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a7R II Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +12 more
ijustloveshooting

Pete peterson wrote:

Great pictures .

Did you PP them or are they OOC jpgs?

Hello I generally PP my photos...these are PPed to my taste ... thanks!

ijustloveshooting

JeffGo wrote:

Love these!

i'm glad you liked them!

Hwirt Forum Member • Posts: 81

Excellent! Some great images, thank's for sharing.

Hwirt's gear list:Hwirt's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha a99 Sony a7R Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 50mm F1.4 +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads