XZ-10 Auto White Balance Adjustment is great

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Kerusker
Kerusker Contributing Member • Posts: 915
XZ-10 Auto White Balance Adjustment is great

I was very glad when I found the WB Adjustment settings because it's not described in the manual (AFAIK).

Go to Custom menu G (*G) then WB; first line is 'WB____Auto' hit right arrow then you get a list for all WB settings and you can correct/adjust A-B and G-M by seven steps each. It's a control setting - it's effect can be viewed life on the monitor.

I'm glad about this because now I can adjust XZ-10 JPG colors to get close to the JPG colors of my DSLR. (it's irrelevant for RAW of course).

I'm not very familiar with Olympus standards because the Camedia C 5050 was the last one I bought from Olympus years ago.

BTW - I'm not missing AdobeRGB although it's in many spec sheets but not present at the XZ-10.

Enjoy

-- hide signature --

][.Kerusker
we don't see that we don't see (eye's blind spot)

 Kerusker's gear list:Kerusker's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED
Olympus Stylus XZ-10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
tkpatric Senior Member • Posts: 1,331
Re: XZ-10 Auto White Balance Adjustment is great

Thank you very much! The only thing I need to know is about the Image Stabilization. It is done with the sensor and not by the lens like the P330. The Nikon claims about 3 stops. Is the ZX-10 comparable? I know it is a difficult matter...

 tkpatric's gear list:tkpatric's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Sony a6000
Kerusker
Kerusker OP Contributing Member • Posts: 915
Image Stabilization

tkpatric wrote:

Thank you very much! The only thing I need to know is about the Image Stabilization. It is done with the sensor and not by the lens like the P330. The Nikon claims about 3 stops. Is the ZX-10 comparable? I know it is a difficult matter...

Patric,

I always have IS on and I didn't any test regarding IS. I didn't notice a problem either (no blur).

Claiming 3 stops is easy. Usually the claims are too good. Stabilization by lens may be more efficient than by sensor though. With the first kind you can see shake reduction on the screen, with the second you can't

-- hide signature --

][.Kerusker
we don't see that we don't see (eye's blind spot)

 Kerusker's gear list:Kerusker's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED
Greynerd Veteran Member • Posts: 5,735
You should rarely need the menu.

I have not got an  XZ-10 but surely the adjustment is in live control. You just need to press the OK button to bring up the choices. If nothing happens just make sure Live Control is enabled in *D Contro Settings.

You should not need to go into the menu for the majority of shooting parameters. Also try the front lens ring to adjust the parameters as well as the cursor ring. This may work to roll the parameters without having to press OK having cursored to the choice. You will have to check this though as I have not got the camera.

Kerusker wrote:

I was very glad when I found the WB Adjustment settings because it's not described in the manual (AFAIK).

Go to Custom menu G (*G) then WB; first line is 'WB____Auto' hit right arrow then you get a list for all WB settings and you can correct/adjust A-B and G-M by seven steps each. It's a control setting - it's effect can be viewed life on the monitor.

I'm glad about this because now I can adjust XZ-10 JPG colors to get close to the JPG colors of my DSLR. (it's irrelevant for RAW of course).

I'm not very familiar with Olympus standards because the Camedia C 5050 was the last one I bought from Olympus years ago.

BTW - I'm not missing AdobeRGB although it's in many spec sheets but not present at the XZ-10.

Enjoy

-- hide signature --

][.Kerusker
we don't see that we don't see (eye's blind spot)

 Greynerd's gear list:Greynerd's gear list
Olympus TG-310 Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +7 more
Greynerd Veteran Member • Posts: 5,735
Re: You should rarely need the menu.

Another point is that in the Live Control screen if you have not pressed OK and just rolled to the parameter required, a half press of the shutter button should lock in the parameter and take you back to shooting mode.

Greynerd wrote:

I have not got an  XZ-10 but surely the adjustment is in live control. You just need to press the OK button to bring up the choices. If nothing happens just make sure Live Control is enabled in *D Contro Settings.

You should not need to go into the menu for the majority of shooting parameters. Also try the front lens ring to adjust the parameters as well as the cursor ring. This may work to roll the parameters without having to press OK having cursored to the choice. You will have to check this though as I have not got the camera.

Kerusker wrote:

I was very glad when I found the WB Adjustment settings because it's not described in the manual (AFAIK).

Go to Custom menu G (*G) then WB; first line is 'WB____Auto' hit right arrow then you get a list for all WB settings and you can correct/adjust A-B and G-M by seven steps each. It's a control setting - it's effect can be viewed life on the monitor.

I'm glad about this because now I can adjust XZ-10 JPG colors to get close to the JPG colors of my DSLR. (it's irrelevant for RAW of course).

I'm not very familiar with Olympus standards because the Camedia C 5050 was the last one I bought from Olympus years ago.

BTW - I'm not missing AdobeRGB although it's in many spec sheets but not present at the XZ-10.

Enjoy

-- hide signature --

][.Kerusker
we don't see that we don't see (eye's blind spot)

 Greynerd's gear list:Greynerd's gear list
Olympus TG-310 Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +7 more
Kerusker
Kerusker OP Contributing Member • Posts: 915
Re: You should rarely need the menu.

Greynerd wrote:

I have not got an  XZ-10 but surely the adjustment is in live control. You just need to press the OK button to bring up the choices. If nothing happens just make sure Live Control is enabled in *D Contro Settings.

With 'OK' you get the WB selection (Auto, Sunny, Shade,...) but you can't get down to the next level i.e. to the WB-Correction settings for Auto-WB, Sunny-WB, Shade-WB,...).

Also I wouldn't like to have this in the live control since it's a kind of calibration you do basically only once.

-- hide signature --

][.Kerusker
we don't see that we don't see (eye's blind spot)

 Kerusker's gear list:Kerusker's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED
Greynerd Veteran Member • Posts: 5,735
Re: You should rarely need the menu.

Sorry I missed the point. Sometimes people struggle with the Olympus menus.

Kerusker wrote:

Greynerd wrote:

I have not got an  XZ-10 but surely the adjustment is in live control. You just need to press the OK button to bring up the choices. If nothing happens just make sure Live Control is enabled in *D Contro Settings.

With 'OK' you get the WB selection (Auto, Sunny, Shade,...) but you can't get down to the next level i.e. to the WB-Correction settings for Auto-WB, Sunny-WB, Shace-WB,...).

Also I wouldn't like to have this in the live control since it's a kind of calibration you do basically only once.

-- hide signature --

][.Kerusker
we don't see that we don't see (eye's blind spot)

 Greynerd's gear list:Greynerd's gear list
Olympus TG-310 Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads