Pleas Help: NEX 7 switching automaically btw the VF & LCD

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions
mkandil Contributing Member • Posts: 578
Pleas Help: NEX 7 switching automaically btw the VF & LCD

today morning I found that my nex 7 is switching between the LCD and the view finder automatically without geting close to the sensor on the EVF.it totally switch to the VF when the camera is inclined by 10 degrees. I cleaned the sensor and the VF, removed the battery and memory card. still the same problem

I uploaded a vedio for better explanation to show how it behaves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTlF-d9z9VU&feature=youtu.be

appreciate your help

mkandil's gear list:mkandil's gear list
Sony RX1R Sony Alpha a7R II Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Zeiss Batis 18mm F2.8 +1 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Emrik Forum Member • Posts: 65
Re: Pleas Help: NEX 7 switching automaically btw the VF & LCD

Anything around the eyecup blocking the evf proximity sensor?

Emrik's gear list:Emrik's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +1 more
OP mkandil Contributing Member • Posts: 578

Emrik wrote:

Anything around the eyecup blocking the evf proximity sensor?

no, you can see in the vedio that nothing is there.just tilting the camera and the LCD goes off

Sony RX1R Sony Alpha a7R II Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Zeiss Batis 18mm F2.8 +1 more
uhligfd Senior Member • Posts: 2,573

Does it also happen when you keep your eye on the finder window? Does the image disappear now and then, too,  and does your throat get illuminated by the screen (on) when you point the camera up or down while looking through the finder?

Try some troubleshooting tests, please. Good luck.

uhligfd wrote:

Does it also happen when you keep your eye on the finder window? Does the image disappear now and then, too,  and does your throat get illuminated by the screen (on) when you point the camera up or down while looking through the finder?

Try some troubleshooting tests, please. Good luck.

thank you.

when I am looking through the VF it keeps on even when pointed up or down.

It looks like it is the sensor problem.because when I go to settings and only turn on the LCD, it keeps working and nthing happens even if shaking the camera.

if I only turn on the VF it behaves the same as shown in the vedio when I am not looking through it.

I will take it to the sony service after work today. dont know if the warranty expired, hope not !

Today i took the camera to the sony repair and get shocked, the camera is working normally and no more switching between the lcd and the evf. The technician there tested it and said everything ok but he dont have any explanation to what happened in the vedio, he advised to take the camera and give another try.

Can anybody explain what happened ? Will it happen again ?

I am worried because my warranty will expire next month

akophoto Junior Member • Posts: 35

Did you only test it in the room in the video?

It was probably the shadow cast by the room light as the proximity sensor is sensitive to low light.

I would try it again outside in day light.

RobDJW Contributing Member • Posts: 503

Hi,

I have had the same experience with my nex 6, i thought for a moment it was defective.

Then i found out it was because i was wearing a reflective shirt, i'm a paramedic.

Taking out the shirt solved the problem :-), i hope your problem is something like this, reflectionproblems.

Greetings, Rob.

RobDJW's gear list:RobDJW's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony RX100 IV Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +3 more

RobDJW wrote:

Hi,

I have had the same experience with my nex 6, i thought for a moment it was defective.

Then i found out it was because i was wearing a reflective shirt, i'm a paramedic.

Taking out the shirt solved the problem :-), i hope your problem is something like this, reflectionproblems.

Greetings, Rob.

thank you all,

Rob, you nailed it man. I tested all my T-shirts till I found that the Safety vest which we should wear on site caused the problem. Many thanks

RobDJW Contributing Member • Posts: 503

You probably were as happy as i was it wasn't something serious

Greets, Rob.

RobDJW's gear list:RobDJW's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony RX100 IV Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads