So where is the new 5d3 firmware update?

Started Apr 6, 2013 | Discussions
GRphotos
GRphotos Forum Member • Posts: 67
So where is the new 5d3 firmware update?
-- hide signature --

5dmkiii, 24-105MM, Lexar 32 CF, Sandisk 64 SD, Cinematics rig

GRphotos's gear list:GRphotos's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
rndman Senior Member • Posts: 1,595
Re: So where is the new 5d3 firmware update?

GRphotos wrote:

whats your opinions here,

i just contacted several Canon resellers, Canon only supplied updates for their Cinema line, no 5d3 with FULL HD OUT ever, this calls for law suites all over the globe, how selfish of them to market their own products against each other, will they ever make a decent camera for the price or was the 5d2 not a good enough sign before for them to open up and put the best camera out there?

So, the new firmware update this April as ignored by Canon,not cool.

Relax..

It's only 5-6 days in April..

rndman's gear list:rndman's gear list
Rokinon 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Rokinon 8mm F3.5 Aspherical Fisheye
lightform
lightform Regular Member • Posts: 133
Re: So where is the new 5d3 firmware update?

The new firmware update will be available, at no charge, in April 2013 from the Canon U.S.A. website and can be downloaded by end users or through Canon Factory Service Centers.

I think we still have a few more days left in April, no exact date was specified as far as I know.

lightform's gear list:lightform's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +2 more
ncsakany
ncsakany Senior Member • Posts: 2,250
Relax already

It's only April 6th.

ncsakany's gear list:ncsakany's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135
GRphotos
OP GRphotos Forum Member • Posts: 67
Re: Relax already

they allready posted a update for the cinema line this month, no mention of the 5d3 update when asked, look it up, Canon does not plan to release this, its allready a hack by 3rd party people

-- hide signature --

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
JohnJ851 Regular Member • Posts: 482

GRphotos wrote:

they allready posted a update for the cinema line this month, no mention of the 5d3 update when asked, look it up, --

Could that be because it may be coming later this month?

JohnJ

JohnJ851's gear list:JohnJ851's gear list
Canon EF 70-200 F4 II Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM +1 more
Will T
Will T Regular Member • Posts: 178

Remember that with canon just like shipping a new camera release in april means the last hour minute and second of april!

-- hide signature --

Will T.
'Make everything as possible as it is simple, but not impossible.'

Will T wrote:

Remember that with canon just like shipping a new camera release in april means the last hour minute and second of april!

It's still April!!

JohnJ

Canon EF 70-200 F4 II Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM +1 more
Will T

JohnJ851 wrote:

Will T wrote:

It's still April!!

JohnJ

Please do not quote me when answering someone else!

-- hide signature --

Will T.

Will T wrote:

JohnJ851 wrote:

Will T wrote:

It's still April!!

JohnJ

Please do not quote me when answering someone else!

Okay, but who did you answer, as far as I can see your reply was to me. Look at the thread.

JohnJ

Will T

JohnJ851 wrote:

Okay, but who did you answer, as far as I can see your reply was to me. Look at the thread.

JohnJ

No one.  That is why there is no quote.

-- hide signature --

Will T.

schmegg Veteran Member • Posts: 5,768

Will T wrote:

JohnJ851 wrote:

JohnJ

Yes - that is how it appears.

No one.  That is why there is no quote.

Will. If you hit the "Reply" or "Reply with quote" links below someones post, you are effectively replying to them.

You can see this is the case in the header of your post, just under the post title - where it says "In reply to ..."

To post without replying to a particular person (aside from the OP, of course), you need to go to the first post and select the "Reply to thread" link.

It's no big deal, but I thought I'd just post this to help people avoid confusion in theĀ future.

pete zeugma Regular Member • Posts: 476
so go buy a nikon

they have to update their firmware more often

GRphotos

JohnJ851 wrote:

GRphotos wrote:

they allready posted a update for the cinema line this month, no mention of the 5d3 update when asked, look it up, --

JohnJ

no

Canon confirmed that there is no firmware update for the 5d3, they are already preparing a 5d4, if you want HDMi out, assuming  on the 5d4 you can already record un compressed finally

-- hide signature --

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
nekrosoft13 Regular Member • Posts: 455

GRphotos wrote:

they allready posted a update for the cinema line this month, no mention of the 5d3 update when asked, look it up, Canon does not plan to release this, its allready a hack by 3rd party people

you do know that April has more then 9 days in the month?

nekrosoft13's gear list:nekrosoft13's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Olympus Tough TG-4 Sony a7R III Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +12 more
nekrosoft13 Regular Member • Posts: 455

GRphotos wrote:

JohnJ851 wrote:

GRphotos wrote:

JohnJ

no

Canon confirmed that there is no firmware update for the 5d3, they are already preparing a 5d4, if you want HDMi out, assuming  on the 5d4 you can already record un compressed finally

what ever your smoking, stop for couple days, let your head clear.

nekrosoft13's gear list:nekrosoft13's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Olympus Tough TG-4 Sony a7R III Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +12 more
clarkent1234 Forum Member • Posts: 85
Re: so go buy a nikon

they have to update their firmware more often

And dust off the sensor even if u never replace the lens.

GRphotos

nekrosoft13 wrote:

GRphotos wrote:

duh; and the firmware updates according to canon where already announced, no more coming fan boys, this site is starting to look like the mac rumors forums, no no canon would never do that, he is a nice person, mr canon, we trust in canon, not me, i just want to be sure,

if you guys are sure show me, because Canon so far has not responded to everyone asking what is going on

-- hide signature --

Canon EOS 5D Mark III

GRphotos wrote:

nekrosoft13 wrote:

GRphotos wrote:

duh; and the firmware updates according to canon where already announced, no more coming fan boys, this site is starting to look like the mac rumors forums, no no canon would never do that, he is a nice person, mr canon, we trust in canon, not me, i just want to be sure,

if you guys are sure show me, because Canon so far has not responded to everyone asking what is going on

They never do until they are ready.

JohnJ

GRphotos

i wish, but.......according to canon, no other firmware updates are due this month as long as they are aware of it,

maybe the whole firmware update was speculation?

so

-- hide signature --

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads