X-E1 AF System Fast Enough to Capture Fast-Charging New England Man-Eating Jaguar Muskrat

Started Apr 5, 2013 | Discussions
PeterFXCassidy Contributing Member • Posts: 662
X-E1 AF System Fast Enough to Capture Fast-Charging New England Man-Eating Jaguar Muskrat

AF locked on immediately as the man-eating jaguar muskrat pounced into view and menaced me and my safari partners at Great Meadows in Concord, MA this week.

PeterFXCassidy's gear list:PeterFXCassidy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix E900 Zoom Olympus TG-810 Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-M1 +10 more
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Perry Kivolowitz
Perry Kivolowitz Regular Member • Posts: 275
Re: X-E1 AF System Fast Enough to Capture Fast-Charging New England Man-Eating Jaguar Muskrat

Seriously, how did you get the subject to stay still long enough for the x-e1 to focus?

Perry Kivolowitz's gear list:Perry Kivolowitz's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +11 more
Klay Regular Member • Posts: 466
It's an OK picture...

...but best use of muskrat in a title that I've ever seen.

Kevin

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/k-bien/
'No point in steering now.' -- Doug McKenzie

Klay's gear list:Klay's gear list
Nikon D70s Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +2 more
InTheMist
InTheMist Veteran Member • Posts: 3,078
Thanks for the smile (nt)

Thanks for the smile.  I needed that.

-- hide signature --

/Ridicule is not C&C nor is it being helpful nor "stating your opinion"
www.flickr.com/InTheMist

InTheMist's gear list:InTheMist's gear list
Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) Leica M-Monochrom Nikon 1 AW1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 +18 more
eyedo Contributing Member • Posts: 655
Re: X-E1 AF System Fast Enough to Capture Fast-Charging New England Man-Eating Jaguar Muskrat

Looks like an overgrown rodent that's too fat to move!

Glad your camera kept up with it.I imagine it was touch and go there for awhile!

Albert Valentino Veteran Member • Posts: 6,061

eyedo wrote:

Glad your camera kept up with it.I imagine it was touch and go there for awhile!

Yes, looks like a well fed man eating jaguar muskrat. I try To stay clear of those the hungry ones

Albert Valentino's gear list:Albert Valentino's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +10 more
rockygag Senior Member • Posts: 1,209

Makes me want to get on of those new Nikon dangerous animal scopes and go hunt their close relative ( also man eating ) the Nutria ....  I am in the South after all.

LKJR Regular Member • Posts: 148

Good catch!  Fat little guy!

You want to see big rodents...ever seen a full grown Capybara? Those suckers can weigh easily 150 lbs!!!!

LKJR's gear list:LKJR's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
OP PeterFXCassidy Contributing Member • Posts: 662

Perry Kivolowitz wrote:

Seriously, how did you get the subject to stay still long enough for the x-e1 to focus?

The X-E1 locked on in a blink. I am used to manual focus on my S5 Pro and this new kit, as far as I can tell, exhibits nothing less than blistering speed.

Fujifilm FinePix E900 Zoom Olympus TG-810 Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-M1 +10 more

eyedo wrote:

It was, I tell you. Few creatures more fearsome than the man-eating jaguar muskrat.

Al Valentino wrote:

eyedo wrote:

Yes, looks like a well fed man eating jaguar muskrat. I try To stay clear of those the hungry ones

When I approached with my Fuji, I think I could see it was picking its teeth with a human femur!

LKJR wrote:

Good catch!  Fat little guy!

You want to see big rodents...ever seen a full grown Capybara? Those suckers can weigh easily 150 lbs!!!!

Oh, no! Not Chubacabra!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads