Ando72 wrote:

razormac wrote:

How about . . .

Nikon Consumer DX

Nikon Pro DX

Nikon FX

and

Nikon New Release

That way the hot pixel, oil spottiing, color mangement, and focus issues and other discussions on the latest camera would have a seperate forum. Add to the description speculation about the next release and it would be perfect.

Innovative, kind of like throwing all the misbehaving kids into a room by themselves and letting them duke it out.

Although many people got their panties in a twist a little while back when the forum was called "Consumer".  Apparently it's offensive...

Ah yes..memories of the whine from times past...I've been offended before, and being called a consumer didn't rank high on that list.

FWIW you can put me down as strictly Consumer DX (unless I someday give in and buy an FX model). My current body is the D5000, but will be ordering the D7100 sometime this summer.

razormac's gear list:razormac's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +13 more
Jakes Senior Member • Posts: 1,765
Re: Ouch! ...

nfpotter wrote:

David Lal wrote:

NF's OK - and he knows his stuff.

Aww, thanks, Davey boy.  I'm flattered.

You two need to get a room.

-- hide signature --

jakes
WSSA# 107

JSees Regular Member • Posts: 211

Or maybe:

Nikon DX Worthy

Nikon DX Unworthy

Or maybe:

Nikon DX Perfect

Nikon DX Not Good Enough For Anybody

Or maybe:

Nikon DX Real Cameras

Nikon DX Toy Cameras

You get the idea.

Sammy Yousef
Sammy Yousef Veteran Member • Posts: 4,604

pixd90 wrote:

nfpotter wrote:

David Lal wrote:

herbymel wrote:

and now we know why he joined 

NF's OK - and he knows his stuff.

Aww, thanks, Davey boy.  I'm flattered.

Just need 2:

NF DX

NF DX wanabees

Unclean!!! Unclean!!!! Untouchable!!! hehehe

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

nfpotter Veteran Member • Posts: 4,080
Re: That's the trouble with you NF ...

Kim jakobsen wrote:

nfpotter wrote:

HongKongExpat wrote:

Seriously though...the forum's name encompasses all 3xxx through to 7xxx, so all models are catered for including D7100. Until an 8000 comes out we're all set...

Seriously though...

If you joined a PHOTOGRAPHY forum, and you're worried about a header, you most likely shouldn't have joined a PHOTOGRAPHY forum.  A GEAR forum MIGHT be better.

Maybe...

You DO know where You are, right? If there ever was at gear oriented photo-forum, this is it. The fact that it is split into camera models, rather than photographic issues, might be a pointer...

Well aware, thank you.  However, one can HOPE for change.  Most here reverse-engineer the process: rather than starting with pictures, and talking about the "techy" stuff that creates them, much more often it is the opposite.

Mako2011
MOD Mako2011 Forum Pro • Posts: 23,412
helps

nfpotter wrote:

Kim jakobsen wrote:

nfpotter wrote:

HongKongExpat wrote:

Seriously though...the forum's name encompasses all 3xxx through to 7xxx, so all models are catered for including D7100. Until an 8000 comes out we're all set...

Seriously though...

If you joined a PHOTOGRAPHY forum, and you're worried about a header, you most likely shouldn't have joined a PHOTOGRAPHY forum.  A GEAR forum MIGHT be better.

Maybe...

You DO know where You are, right? If there ever was at gear oriented photo-forum, this is it. The fact that it is split into camera models, rather than photographic issues, might be a pointer...

Well aware, thank you.  However, one can HOPE for change.  Most here reverse-engineer the process: rather than starting with pictures, and talking about the "techy" stuff that creates them, much more often it is the opposite.

I often have to step back and remember that. It really helps in ways we often overlook.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Steve_in_FL Contributing Member • Posts: 963

JSees wrote:

Or maybe:

Nikon DX Worthy

Nikon DX Unworthy

Or maybe:

Nikon DX Perfect

Nikon DX Not Good Enough For Anybody

Or maybe:

Nikon DX Real Cameras

Nikon DX Toy Cameras

You get the idea.

LOL, If you want to cause that kind of trouble, why not call the forum "The REAL Nikons."

(Donning fire-retardant suit, and ducking a running)

Steve_in_FL's gear list:Steve_in_FL's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +5 more
Another Alternative

In the interests of securing the peace and supporting the general welfare, how about this:    Just two Nikon forums:

(1)  Those Who Like Nikon Products

(2)   Those Who Believe Nikon Are the Spawn of the Devil.

Make what you will of who belongs in which group - that's the whole idea - it is self peace keeping.

Nikon D7100 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +5 more
Brev00
Brev00 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,708
Re: Another Alternative

Thanks for your tip, Steve.  I picked up my D400 this morning.  Put me back in the Likes Nikon group.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/brev00

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II +4 more
Brev00
Brev00 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,708
Re: That's the trouble with you NF ...

David Lal wrote:

nfpotter wrote:

I agree.

Let's call it "my mom said I take good pictures, so I decided to buy a DSLR and become a 'photographer', and then speculate about the next DSLR, and give bad advice, all so that I can hear my own voice within a wash of bland people" forum.

Always sitting on the fence, leaving people wondering what you really think.....

David

NF is not actually a person.  He is the dark, bitter voice of everyone active on the forum at one time all gathered and reported by one enormous algorithm (Is Al Gore responsible for that, too?).  The technology might sound unlikely but it was created by Facebook years ago.

-- hide signature --

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II +4 more
Sammy Yousef

Steve_in_FL wrote:

In the interests of securing the peace and supporting the general welfare, how about this:    Just two Nikon forums:

Put me down for both forums ;-=)

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

nikkorwatcher Contributing Member • Posts: 684
Re: ? Time to change this forum's name

I think we should start a forum called the Nikon Smug Lounge. Only allow those who can prove they have an expensive camera, or make them pay a special smugscription fee. We'll call it "Winkon". Actually I'd call it something else, but I know people here who can't stand profanity and would rather shoot someone instead.

nikkorwatcher wrote:

I think we should start a forum called the Nikon Smug Lounge. Only allow those who can prove they have an expensive camera, or make them pay a special smugscription fee. We'll call it "Winkon". Actually I'd call it something else, but I know people here who can't stand profanity and would rather shoot someone instead.

Kinda hard to argue with this idea.

Brev00 wrote:

Thanks for your tip, Steve.  I picked up my D400 this morning.  Put me back in the Likes Nikon group.

-- hide signature --

So what kinda film ya using in that?

Dennis Forum Pro • Posts: 17,679

Steve_in_FL wrote:

Make what you will of who belongs in which group - that's the whole idea - it is self peace keeping.

Never work.  Nobody wants to preach to the choir !

- Dennis

-- hide signature --
rhit
rhit Regular Member • Posts: 246
Re: Name it "cool pics from poor people" (n/t)

i actually laughed out loud

good on,e nf

rhit's gear list:rhit's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +8 more
Sammy Yousef

nikkorwatcher wrote:

Too late, Nikonians have already done this :p~~~ hehehe *RUNS FOR COVER*

-- hide signature --

Sammy.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads