? Time to change this forum's name

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
David A. Hamments
David A. Hamments Senior Member • Posts: 1,432
? Time to change this forum's name

Now that the D7100 has been shipping for a while, isn't it time the forum name was updated to include it?

Cheers, D. Hamments
My Flickr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dhamments2013/

 David A. Hamments's gear list:David A. Hamments's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D7100 Nikon D750 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 +20 more
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
nfpotter Veteran Member • Posts: 4,080
Re: ? Time to change this forum's name
7

David A. Hamments wrote:

Now that the D7100 has been shipping for a while, isn't it time the forum name was updated to include it?

Cheers, D. Hamments
My Flickr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dhamments2013/

I agree.

Let's call it "my mom said I take good pictures, so I decided to buy a DSLR and become a 'photographer', and then speculate about the next DSLR, and give bad advice, all so that I can hear my own voice within a wash of bland people" forum.

David Lal Veteran Member • Posts: 8,705
That's the trouble with you NF ...

nfpotter wrote:

I agree.

Let's call it "my mom said I take good pictures, so I decided to buy a DSLR and become a 'photographer', and then speculate about the next DSLR, and give bad advice, all so that I can hear my own voice within a wash of bland people" forum.

Always sitting on the fence, leaving people wondering what you really think.....

David

herbymel Senior Member • Posts: 5,322
Re: That's the trouble with you NF ...
1

and now we know why he joined 

 herbymel's gear list:herbymel's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR +7 more
HongKongExpat Junior Member • Posts: 27
Re: That's the trouble with you NF ...

Seriously though...the forum's name encompasses all 3xxx through to 7xxx, so all models are catered for including D7100. Until an 8000 comes out we're all set...

 HongKongExpat's gear list:HongKongExpat's gear list
Nikon D7000 +2 more
David Lal Veteran Member • Posts: 8,705
Ouch! ...

herbymel wrote:

and now we know why he joined 

NF's OK - and he knows his stuff.

nfpotter Veteran Member • Posts: 4,080
Re: That's the trouble with you NF ...
1

HongKongExpat wrote:

Seriously though...the forum's name encompasses all 3xxx through to 7xxx, so all models are catered for including D7100. Until an 8000 comes out we're all set...

Seriously though...

If you joined a PHOTOGRAPHY forum, and you're worried about a header, you most likely shouldn't have joined a PHOTOGRAPHY forum.  A GEAR forum MIGHT be better.

Maybe...

nfpotter Veteran Member • Posts: 4,080
Re: Ouch! ...

David Lal wrote:

herbymel wrote:

and now we know why he joined 

NF's OK - and he knows his stuff.

Aww, thanks, Davey boy.  I'm flattered.

Sammy Yousef
Sammy Yousef Veteran Member • Posts: 4,583
Time to just have a Nikon DX forum and another FX forum I think
1

No other sensible alternatives...Best I can come up with is

- Nikon cameras that cost less than $x

- Nikon D-0 and D--00 models.

Better yet lets use a regular expression shall we? I'm a little rusty on regex....does this pattern work to exclude Dxxx range?

D[1..9]([0..9][0..9])?[0..9]

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

nfpotter Veteran Member • Posts: 4,080
Re: Time to just have a Nikon DX forum and another FX forum I think

Sammy Yousef wrote:

No other sensible alternatives...Best I can come up with is

- Nikon cameras that cost less than $x

- Nikon D-0 and D--00 models.

Better yet lets use a regular expression shall we? I'm a little rusty on regex....does this pattern work to exclude Dxxx range?

D[1..9]([0..9][0..9])?[0..9]

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Damn, Sammy, I like ya, but you're so freakin' analytical!

nfpotter Veteran Member • Posts: 4,080
Name it "cool pics from poor people" (n/t)

No text.

Sammy Yousef
Sammy Yousef Veteran Member • Posts: 4,583
Re: Time to just have a Nikon DX forum and another FX forum I think
1

nfpotter wrote:

Sammy Yousef wrote:

No other sensible alternatives...Best I can come up with is

- Nikon cameras that cost less than $x

- Nikon D-0 and D--00 models.

Better yet lets use a regular expression shall we? I'm a little rusty on regex....does this pattern work to exclude Dxxx range?

D[1..9]([0..9][0..9])?[0..9]

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Damn, Sammy, I like ya, but you're so freakin' analytical!

You know you want to help me start a petition to name the group "Nikon D[1..9]([0..9][0..9])?[0..9]"

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

stevenjames
stevenjames Senior Member • Posts: 1,193
Re: ? Time to change this forum's name

I would prefer seperate groups. One for:

D3xxx - D5xxx

D40-D90

D7xxx

D100-D300

Steve.

Its no fun having to sift though all the chatter to find topics on one model.

Steve

-- hide signature --

www.StevenJamesPhotography.com

 stevenjames's gear list:stevenjames's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +11 more
razormac
razormac Senior Member • Posts: 1,019
Re: ? Time to change this forum's name
1

How about . . .

Nikon Consumer DX

Nikon Pro DX

Nikon FX

and

Nikon New Release

That way the hot pixel, oil spottiing, color mangement, and focus issues and other discussions on the latest camera would have a seperate forum. Add to the description speculation about the next release and it would be perfect.

 razormac's gear list:razormac's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +13 more
fotolopithecus Senior Member • Posts: 1,699
Re: ? Time to change this forum's name

David A. Hamments wrote:

Now that the D7100 has been shipping for a while, isn't it time the forum name was updated to include it?

Cheers, D. Hamments
My Flickr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dhamments2013/

Probably not high on the dp priority list at the moment, with the testing of said camera, and I think D5200 still going on.

 fotolopithecus's gear list:fotolopithecus's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
Ando72 Regular Member • Posts: 368
Re: ? Time to change this forum's name

razormac wrote:

How about . . .

Nikon Consumer DX

Nikon Pro DX

Nikon FX

and

Nikon New Release

That way the hot pixel, oil spottiing, color mangement, and focus issues and other discussions on the latest camera would have a seperate forum. Add to the description speculation about the next release and it would be perfect.

Innovative, kind of like throwing all the misbehaving kids into a room by themselves and letting them duke it out.

Although many people got their panties in a twist a little while back when the forum was called "Consumer".  Apparently it's offensive...

 Ando72's gear list:Ando72's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +8 more
Kim jakobsen Junior Member • Posts: 25
Re: That's the trouble with you NF ...

nfpotter wrote:

HongKongExpat wrote:

Seriously though...the forum's name encompasses all 3xxx through to 7xxx, so all models are catered for including D7100. Until an 8000 comes out we're all set...

Seriously though...

If you joined a PHOTOGRAPHY forum, and you're worried about a header, you most likely shouldn't have joined a PHOTOGRAPHY forum.  A GEAR forum MIGHT be better.

Maybe...

You DO know where You are, right? If there ever was at gear oriented photo-forum, this is it. The fact that it is split into camera models, rather than photographic issues, might be a pointer...

herbymel Senior Member • Posts: 5,322
Re: ? Time to change this forum's name

Ando72 wrote:

razormac wrote:

How about . . .

Nikon Consumer DX

Nikon Pro DX

Nikon FX

and

Nikon New Release

That way the hot pixel, oil spottiing, color mangement, and focus issues and other discussions on the latest camera would have a seperate forum. Add to the description speculation about the next release and it would be perfect.

Innovative, kind of like throwing all the misbehaving kids into a room by themselves and letting them duke it out.

Although many people got their panties in a twist a little while back when the forum was called "Consumer".  Apparently it's offensive...

Ah yes..memories of the whine from times past...I've been offended before, and being called a consumer didn't rank high on that list.

 herbymel's gear list:herbymel's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR +7 more
pixd90 Senior Member • Posts: 1,368
Re: Ouch! ...

nfpotter wrote:

David Lal wrote:

herbymel wrote:

and now we know why he joined 

NF's OK - and he knows his stuff.

Aww, thanks, Davey boy.  I'm flattered.

Just need 2:

NF DX

NF DX wanabees

 pixd90's gear list:pixd90's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G
herbymel Senior Member • Posts: 5,322
Re: Ouch! ...

David Lal wrote:

herbymel wrote:

and now we know why he joined 

NF's OK - and he knows his stuff.

I know...but sometimes you just can't resist.

 herbymel's gear list:herbymel's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads