*** This Week through YOUR m43 2013.04.01 ***

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions
cfh25 Senior Member • Posts: 1,070
Re: Fish

Yes - marketed under the Samyang name, as well, here in Europe.

Nautile
Nautile Junior Member • Posts: 27
Re: South to the sun

Ai ! painless Spain... Isla Plana was lying, but in a circle it told the truth, very nice.

Best

Nautile
Re: Tomales, CA

I like your approach, ship grows and trees sail.

Nautile
Re: Tomales, CA

I like this sequence, ship grows and trees sail.

Best

Roberto Angelo
Roberto Angelo Regular Member • Posts: 337
More Macro, the dark side of ferns

These well-ordered spores were on the underside of every blade of every fern in our garden. Propped the camera on some rocks and lit the leaf with the back-light of my cell phone.

Olympus E-PL1, 40-150 (150mm at f16) with Raynox dcr-150.

Roberto Angelo's gear list:Roberto Angelo's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
Nautile
Re: My Gym Is More Fun Than Your Gym

Nice idea, sharp execution, like them.

Best

Nautile
Re: Snowy Owl, Male Harrier, Harassed Eagle, Eagle in Flight

We fly with them ! Sharp and moving, great shots.

Best

texinwien Veteran Member • Posts: 3,326
Re: In the Texas Outback

Nice shots! I'm looking forward to my next trip back to Texas. It'll be my first since I bought my E-M5, and I can't wait to cruise around and take some photos. Central Texas has all sorts of fun stuff to photograph.

tex

texinwien's gear list:texinwien's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 OnePlus One Canon EOS 300D +20 more
NZ Scott
NZ Scott Veteran Member • Posts: 4,715
Re: My Gym Is More Fun Than Your Gym

Very cool, man.

-- hide signature --
 NZ Scott's gear list:NZ Scott's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +12 more
texinwien Veteran Member • Posts: 3,326
A few from the Samyang 7.5mm Fisheye

I've posted some of  these elsewhere, but figured it wouldn't hurt to post again. I purchased a Samyang Rokinon Bower Walimex 7.5mm f/3.5 UMC Fisheye last Wednesday and have been having a blast with it, so far.

Weather's been unseasonably dreary, including heavy snowfall on Easter Sunday. Where the heck is spring?

All of the following shots were quick snaps. The first two were taken my way home after purchasing the lens. The last were taken in the company of my wife and/or mother-in-law. They're very patient with my hobby, but I still feel a little rushed when they're along

Vienna's main library. I've wanted to take a picture of these stairs for some time, but it's not easy without a UWA or Fisheye.

Headed home from work.

At the Hauptbahnhof in Villach, southern Austria. Defished with kenw's stereographic profile for LightRoom.

Downtown Klagenfurt, southern Austria on Easter Saturday. Defished with kenw's stereographic profile for LightRoom.

Achterjägerpark in Klagenfurt on Easter Saturday, pointing toward the city center. Landesgerichtshaus on the left, Stadttheater on the right. One second exposure, handheld and unbraced.

Landhaus Klagenfurt (Carinthian State Capitol Building). Defished with kenw's stereographic profile for LightRoom.

The six ton Lindwurm scultpure, completed in 1583, commemorates local folk history involving a dragon that once terrorized southern Austria. Defished with kenw's stereographic profile for LightRoom.

If you're looking for a fun m43 lens at a bargain price, I recommend this 7.5mm Fisheye highly. In combination with kenw's defishing profiles and/or other defishing tools, you get a lens that's versatile, well-built and delivers very good image quality for a reasonable price (~$300).

tex

texinwien's gear list:texinwien's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 OnePlus One Canon EOS 300D +20 more
Nautile
A trip in Sydney, some snapshots

Alexandrite Regular Member • Posts: 133
Swimming Elephants at Taronga Zoo (Sydney, Australia)

All with Pana G5, 45-150mm kit lens

I enjoyed visiting Taronga Zoo in Sydney, where I watched young elephants swim and have fun in their huge pool. I had to follow the air bubbles and guess where they would come up

Incoming underwater elephant!

"Aww, but Mom! Do I have to get out of the pool?"

"I've had a bath - time to get dirty again!"

-- hide signature --
 Alexandrite's gear list:Alexandrite's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS
Re: A trip in Sydney, some snapshots

Great shots! Love the one with the horse's eye poster over the building. Sydney is such a gorgeous city.

-- hide signature --
Re: South to the sun

What an incredible place!!

Great images.

-- hide signature --
Hen3ry
Hen3ry Forum Pro • Posts: 18,218
Re: Departures

Lovely stuff Wimpy. And the moon shot -- a totally different photogaphic mode -- is the topper.

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +7 more
Hen3ry
Re: Bali shots - some in colour

Can't understand why you would want to do this marvelously colorful place kn B&W Scotty. Lovely pix as usual.

Cheers, geoff

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +7 more
Hen3ry
Re: Thanks Bob!

SLOtographer wrote:

Thanks for taking the reigns for now.

Reigns? He da king!

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry
Re: A bit of Macro

Ah, that third one. Wonderful.

Cheers, geoff

NZ Scott
NZ Scott Veteran Member • Posts: 4,715
Re: Bali shots - some in colour

Hen3ry wrote:

Can't understand why you would want to do this marvelously colorful place kn B&W Scotty. Lovely pix as usual.

Thanks Geoff.

I'm taking street photos of people in b&w because it is very different from taking maro photos of insects in colour (my main interest so far this year) and I want to challenge myself with something new.

I've not shot much street before and for some reason I associate it with the 35mm focal length and black-and-white, so I bought the 17/1.8 and have converted most of my street shots into b&w.

S

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --
 NZ Scott's gear list:NZ Scott's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +12 more
Hen3ry
An initiation in New Guinea

Thanks, Bob. I like this thread very much.

I'm on the road, just flew into Brisbane, Australia from Papua New Guinea today on a trip that was never going to be pleasant for various reasons but which has turned nasty kn every possible way. Except that I am -- slowly -- getting to Melbourne. Fly there tomorrow.

In the week before Easter (Easter was one of the confounding factors in this journey -- I hadn’t realized it was happening so soon! The downside of being an irreligious old b-stard! LOL) I was fortunate enough to be invited to get some pix of an initiation of a young guy ot higher status in a village near where I live in Rabaul/Kokopo, East New Britain.

A fun time as had by all!

The  candidate flanked by aunties and surrounded by blokes dancing with leaves (I suffered a bright red eye from being slapped across the eye by a sugar cane leaf but soldiered on!)

Under quite severe provocation, the candidate had to keep an expressionless face throughout. He succeeded -- being unmoved.

An important part of the ceremony was the giving of gifts of tambu -- shell money -- made by threading tiny, pierced cowrie shells on to cane. Eight baskets of tambu were given.

Men and women danced to celebrate the occasion -- totally freestyle hip-hop to local paua ben music (power band = electric/electronic instruments and amplifiers). Naturally your photographer, after snatching some shots, joined in to uphold the honor of the Weekly thread -- especially when they played "Oh Kulex", a local favorite. The music is a fusion of islands, rock, hip-hop, and reggae. Pretty interesting!

Inevitably, a local politician made his presence felt with spirited oratory. The Tolais love an orator!

Light was pretty gloomy and overcast so I was a bit desperate for decent exposure at times.

And finally, in deference to Bob stepping up to the plate and initiating the thread this week … The bloke's never seen NY probably -- but it is marvelous what turns up in the second hand clothing stores here (stock mostly from Australia)!

The pix are JPEGs pretty much OOC. The dancing pic was  cropped a little; I lifted contrast and brightness a little in some others, using PhotoLine.

So there you go folks. A great occasion. Unfortunately, I missed some of it due to my contact not being totally on the ball. I'm in Australia for a few weeks and will miss New Guinea dreadfully while I am here.

But one bit of compensation -- it’s wonderful to be on a fast  Internet connection!!!

Cheers, geoff

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads