********** Weekly Wildlife Thread. 3 - 30 to 4 -5 **********

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions
OP myssvictoria Veteran Member • Posts: 5,890
Re: Bobcat, Eagle

Thanks so much, Lee for your comment.

-- hide signature --
 myssvictoria's gear list:myssvictoria's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +12 more

Jerry045 wrote:

Wow! What a fantastic catch Vickie. It is very rare to see Bobcats in the wild. Those were great shots.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

Thanks, Jerry. There have been quite a few Bobcat sightings of late around here. And there are cougars and bears. I'll post pics if I see any, if I survive.

-- hide signature --
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +12 more
leeland48
leeland48 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,691
Re: My Bird Week !!!

Rodger1943 wrote:

Lovely set of images leeland48. I like the robins the best.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

Thank you Roger.

-- hide signature --

lee

leeland48's gear list:leeland48's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus E-PL7 Fujifilm X-T10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
leeland48

Belpat wrote:

Wow Lee... this is an excellent set.... Can't believe you left your amazing beach :-).  Really nice set, great composition, nice colours.... perfectly done my friend.

-- hide signature --

Many thanks Mechel had to get away from the beach I have barnacels growing on my feet

-- hide signature --

lee

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus E-PL7 Fujifilm X-T10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
leeland48

carizi wrote:

You are having way too much fun, Lee!  Love those BIF formations!!!........

Thank you carizi...

-- hide signature --

lee

leeland48

Jerry045 wrote:

A great set Lee. I love your little robin. I still have not been able to get a shot of our robins yet. They look quite different here.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

Thank Jerry I must admit I don't think I have seen many American robin shots...

-- hide signature --

lee

leeland48

myssvictoria wrote:

Lee, you should do birds more often! These are some of the best Robin pics I've seen. The second Robin is my fav. Nice job on the BIFs and that Swan is especially appealing.

-- hide signature --

Many thanks Vickie I wiil try but can't help thinking with just a prime it's limiting and how much luck can you expect !!!

-- hide signature --

lee

winniepoo
winniepoo Veteran Member • Posts: 4,055
Yellow-rumped Warbler

Thanks Vickie for this thread. I dug deep into my archive and found this cute little guy. 

winniepoo

WOW! these are the cutest Robin I 've seen . Wonderful captures Lee. I hope you have more and more " bird week" to come.   Thanks so much for sharing them. ( the BIF too ) 

leeland48
Re: Yellow-rumped Warbler

That Yellow Warbler looks really cute minnie
lee

Wonderful Warblers, Winnie! Really nice ones. Hope to see more Warblers on this weekly thread very soon. Thanks for taking the time to find these in your archives!

-- hide signature --
winniepoo

myssvictoria wrote:

I'm pretty lucky to live about a mile from this small lakeside park that has a loop around protected wetlands where I usually do my daily walks. There are many year round birds seen at this park, lots of migrating birds stopping by for a rest, and the occasional Bobcat. These were taken on walks this week. All cropped. Wish the light had been better.

Resident Bald Eagle with feathered prey and Crow

Crows, Jays, Juncos, and Chickadees were making a fuss around this area of a tall Fir tree. I suspected an Owl and was surprised to see the Bobcat. It was impossible to see without glass.

Bobcat a few days later. This was taken with the G5 and 100-300. I wish I had brought the FZ200 + Nikon TC.

-- hide signature --

What a privilege to be able to enjoy the wild life right next door! Thanks Vickie for starting this thread and also for  promoting awareness to respect and give enough room for wild life while we enjoy and admire them from afar. I really enjoyed your Eagle and crow in action shot. Great catch ! The last shot of the Bobcat just made me smile 

winniepoo

Thanks Lee and Vickie.  

winniepoo
Re: Mourning Doves

Beautiful couple carizi. They are so sweet together.

winniepoo
Re: Magellan Penguins - Patagonia

Wonderful set Michel and I am totally agree with Vickie. I also love your " Dreamland" Gallery. 

winniepoo
Re: Pelicans on the Creek

Nice job Alan. Enjoy and congrats on  your new toy!

winniepoo
Re: leucistic red tailed at dawn.

The early bird catches the big worm, you got this big bird  Congrats.

winniepoo
Re: more shore birds

You are my big inspiration Yuki. I just wish my FZ 150 can performs as wonderful as yours  Wonderful set .

Jerry045
Jerry045 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,411

That's a very nice shot of a cute little bird Winnie. Great capture!!

-- hide signature --

Jerry

Jerry045's gear list:Jerry045's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Sony RX10 III +2 more
winniepoo

Jerry045 wrote:

That's a very nice shot of a cute little bird Winnie. Great capture!!

-- hide signature --

Jerry

Thanks Jerry . It was such a shot visited then he just flew away 

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads