********** Weekly Wildlife Thread. 3 - 30 to 4 -5 **********

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions
Jerry045
Jerry045 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,495
Re: My Bird Week !!!

A great set Lee. I love your little robin. I still have not been able to get a shot of our robins yet. They look quite different here.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

Jerry045's gear list:Jerry045's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Sony RX10 III +2 more
Jerry045
Re: Meerkat

Very nice portrait Dale. Nice and crisp.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

Jerry045
Re: wait till i get my balance

Nice capture Tony. Well done. Great color also.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

elemenoP Regular Member • Posts: 228
Re: FOR THE BIRDS

Jerry045 wrote:

More from the feeder. I can recognize the bluebird and the cowbird, but I am not sure of the other two. They have very vivid red eyes. If anybody has an ID, thanks...

^ Female Eastern Towhee

^ Male Eastern Towhee

Very nice shots!

eP

OP myssvictoria Veteran Member • Posts: 5,892
Re: leucistic red tailed at dawn.

What a great find, sttweston!!! You were well rewarded to get up early! Very special, thanks for posting these.

-- hide signature --
 myssvictoria's gear list:myssvictoria's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +12 more
Re: more shore birds

ysal wrote:

Thank you for starting the thread Vickie!  Few more from the coastal Southern California.

You are welcome, Yuki. These are superb. I love them all but particularly the Sandpipers, such a beautiful image.

Vickie

myFlickr
myFZ200pics

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +12 more
Re: Tundra Swans

Terrific Tundra shots! Good variety of action. I took many BIFS of Tundras and Trumpeters this winter but none as good as yours. Thanks for posting these.

-- hide signature --
Dale108
Dale108 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,003
Re: On Golden Pond.

All great, Rodger, but that second one is wild! That is a great effect. Very nice job.

-- hide signature --
Re: Standing proud

So glad this one stayed. Very nice shot!

-- hide signature --
Re: wait till i get my balance

Nice shot, Tony. I find these a lot of fun to photograph.

-- hide signature --
Re: My Bird Week !!!

Lee, you should do birds more often! These are some of the best Robin pics I've seen. The second Robin is my fav. Nice job on the BIFs and that Swan is especially appealing.

-- hide signature --
Re: Few from Zoo

Another great set, ANAYV. You are the Zoo master! Wonderful close ups, particular fond of the Peregrine.

-- hide signature --
Re: FOR THE BIRDS

Fine set, Jerry, particular like the first Towhee. We have Spotted Towhees here but they look very similar.

-- hide signature --

Adorable! Very nice, Dale. Any more to share?

-- hide signature --
Jerry045
Re: Standing proud

Excellent Eagle shot. They can be tough to get a shot. Great capture.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

Re: Bobcat, Eagle

Rodger1943 wrote:

The light looks pretty good in all of them Vickie. You never know what you're going to find do you? Looks like you found a few good things. How did you spot the bobcat in the tree? Excellent shots.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

Thanks, Rodger. No, you never know what you will find. That's why we always have a camera with us, right?

When I heard the crows fussing, I walked over to that area. They and other varied birds were perched or flying about that section of tree so I knew generally where to scan with the binoculars. At first I didn't see anything, it took awhile but finally saw a mass and with focusing saw it looked like fur. From a different vantage point I found the head. This is where EZ zoom and small spot focus is indispensable to thread focusing through the twigs and branches.

-- hide signature --

Thanks, Michel. Three feet of snow! Wow. You can make a very big snowman.

-- hide signature --

Thank you eP!

-- hide signature --

Thanks, Carizi!

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads