Six shots from my walk in the woods today with G1 X

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions
JIngrouille
JIngrouille Senior Member • Posts: 1,358
Six shots from my walk in the woods today with G1 X

The sun came out for a short time after miserable weather so grabbed my G1 X and went for a walk in my local woods and took a few snaps. The last picture of blossom was with a Raynox 250 fitted to the G1 X, Very very shallow DOF and hard to get into focus when handheld.

-- hide signature --

Ingy

JIngrouille's gear list:JIngrouille's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro +3 more
Canon PowerShot G1 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Augustin Man
Augustin Man Veteran Member • Posts: 7,874
Re: Six shots from my walk in the woods today with G1 X

Thank you for the nice series! You're right about 250, it requires tripod (and rails for focus stacking), for a slightly deeper DOF 150 is better...

Happy shooting,

Augustin

Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P900
JIngrouille
OP JIngrouille Senior Member • Posts: 1,358

Augustin Man wrote:

Thank you for the nice series! You're right about 250, it requires tripod (and rails for focus stacking), for a slightly deeper DOF 150 is better...

Happy shooting,

Augustin

Your right about using the 150 in fact I tried it on this shot but this blossom was so small, less than the size of a pea that to fill the frame I decided to use the 250, I do have rails but didn't bring them or a tripod on this particular walk today..... perhaps next time I go there.

Regards John

-- hide signature --

Ingy

Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro +3 more
Jay_B Regular Member • Posts: 420

Nice shots - LOVE the wood carvings! I would have to do whole series on those...

-- hide signature --

Jay B.
"No...really...my camera made me do it..."

Jay_B's gear list:Jay_B's gear list
Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Panasonic ZS100 Canon EOS M5 +2 more
JIngrouille

Jay_B wrote:

Nice shots - LOVE the wood carvings! I would have to do whole series on those...

-- hide signature --

Jay B.
"No...really...my camera made me do it..."

The wood carvings are great, the guy that did them uses a chain saw to do them, the park has commissioned him to do around 15 in the woods for each tree they cut down, some are just single owls and on one of the big tree he did two stags which is outstanding when you consider he just carves them straight on the cut tree stump. He also has made some benches on the large fallen trees shaped with woodland animals, I wish I was that talented!!!

-- hide signature --

Ingy

(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,085

Great photos from the G1 X, in the hand of the right person.

-- hide signature --

Thanks for posting, have a great day.
John

JIngrouille

j2l3m7 wrote:

Great photos from the G1 X, in the hand of the right person.

-- hide signature --

Thanks for posting, have a great day.
John

Thanks, thats very kind of you.

-- hide signature --

Ingy

krugman Contributing Member • Posts: 957

Excellent shots! Thanks for posting!  You have a very good aesthetic sense, in my opinion.

Krugman

requa
requa Contributing Member • Posts: 590

Nice shots. My favorite of the bunch is the fifth (I think) of the full tree, just because I was drawn to the subject matter and composition. Then again, when I bring home similar shots, I hear, "Nice, but I don't see my children in that picture." Anyway, thanks for sharing. No real digs intended, but it's also nice to see something other than the birds and planes popular with SX50 owners.

requa's gear list:requa's gear list
Canon G3 X Canon G9 X Olympus Stylus Tough TG-870
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads