>>>>Thursday landscape thread 28th March 2013<<<<

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions
in_focus
in_focus Forum Pro • Posts: 18,674
Re: isolation

Beautiful capture, the colors are great, love especially the turquoise shades of the sea, the little red hut is adding a dynamic touch.. was this taken from the boat? As Michel said, it would be interesting to see also the un-cropped version.. thank you for sharing ..

Best regards,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

in_focus
Re: Lake Arapuni refelctions NZ

Lovely images of unspoiled nature, Russell.. to my liking is the last shot a winner of the series.. love the lifting morning mist and first sun rays touching the hill at opposite side.. perfectly captured and conveyed serenity of the place.. thank you for sharing ..

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

kerszkavet Regular Member • Posts: 167

in_focus wrote:

Beautiful capture, the colors are great, love especially the turquoise shades of the sea, the little red hut is adding a dynamic touch.. was this taken from the boat? As Michel said, it would be interesting to see also the un-cropped version.. thank you for sharing ..

Best regards,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

Thanks, and to Michel as well. I must confess the colours are largely the result of post-processing, as the weather was at its worst - see the uncroped SOOC shot below!

Yes, it was one of many, many shots taken from a cruise ship, as we left the fjord in search of Slartibartfast's signature   There's a pair of similar themed shots at the end. You wonder how people survive in the cold dark winters.

red hut in the mist

yellow house

the fjord forks

RussellP Senior Member • Posts: 2,148
Re: Lake Arapuni refelctions NZ

thanks to all for your comments

-- hide signature --
in_focus

Thank you for additional images, lovely shores perfectly captured, a true pleasure seeing these ..

Thanks again, best regards,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

in_focus
Re: White Easter - Stuart

I'm dearly appreciating your supportive words, Stuart.. thank you for stopping by .. wishing you and your loved ones a Happy Easter..

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

Belpat
Belpat Senior Member • Posts: 1,665

No need to confess anything...  with digital photography, PP is part of the photographer tool kit like the dark room used to be.  Well done and nice pictures.

-- hide signature --
 Belpat's gear list:Belpat's gear list
Nikon D810
in_focus
Re: FZ200: Napali Coast Kauai

Impressive image, Dale.. great vantage point and composition, the colors are divine - image as it would be taken out of NG magazine .. remarkable work - lesson learned, next time bring your own doors, LOL(kidding, of course!!) ..

Kind regards,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

in_focus
Re: Golden Gate Bridge

Great vista, beautifully captured, Jack.. composition is topnotch and delicate color of the bridge is reminding me of something - can't remember at the moment what was it, LOL (Just kidding!) .. joining Digby's chocolate wishes, Happy Easter ..

Best regards,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

in_focus
Re: >>>>Thursday landscape thread 28th March 2013<<<<

Beautiful image, FP.. love the composition and rugged snow covered picks and slopes.. whenever I see mountain shots I always think of a difficult jigsaw puzzles, LOL .. thank you for sharing ..

Best regards,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

in_focus
Re: Barossa Valley Sth Australia

Lovely vista of tamed countryside, Jay.. well composed picture, fine use of perspective.. did you taste the wine?.. well spotted and pictured, thank you for sharing ..

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

in_focus
Re: Gathering SeaFood

Impressive image, Picouso.. well composed image, very crisp and sharp, painted in great colors of foggy and murky morning .. was really surprised when I enlarged the photo and realized the little dots in background are also boats! Good eye, thank you for sharing ..

All the best,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

in_focus
Re: The Kauai Island

Lovely sunrise, Douglas.. well composed image, I can see your point about the natural colors.. to my liking a great work, thank you for sharing and welcome to the forum  ..

Best regards,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

in_focus
Re: Looking down the river Medlock.

Lovely image, Adsum.. well composed, can see the Spring has reached your neck of the woods.. there are splashes of bright and vivid green.. the cascades on the river are adding to a dynamic feel.. well spotted and pictured, thank you for sharing ..

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

in_focus
Re: Meadowlands

Impressive image, Dez.. great composition, love the solid balance shared between the bridge at left and radio towers at the right.. the shades of blue are noticeable and very pleasant.. well done, thank you for sharing ..

All the best,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

digby dart Veteran Member • Posts: 6,163
Re: Midnight Tonight X10

Thanks Bruno my old mate, heaps of fun and satisfaction doing these, took the camera a full minute for each frame - 30 seconds for the shot and 30 seconds for the dark frame subtraction. I couldn't see most of the frame as it was so dark, so the in the end the little camera saw much more than I did. Have the very best Easter mate.

digby dart Veteran Member • Posts: 6,163
Re: White Easter

That will give the Easter Bunny a chill in the paws, wonderful frame Bruno with the crisp detail of the foreground melting effortlessly away to a gentle world beyond. Here is wishing you the very best Easter mate, filled with chocolate and joy.

snap
OP snap Veteran Member • Posts: 6,149
Re: White Easter

Bruno - this is beautiful! I'll take White Easter as long as you don't make me go Easter Egg Hunting wearing a Snow Bunny outfit. 

Rick

snap's gear list:snap's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX700 Olympus XZ-1 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 +42 more
snap
Re: At dusk

Both beautiful with mirror like reflections Deepak. Lovely!

Rick

Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX700 Olympus XZ-1 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 +42 more
snap
Re: Memories from Nepal - FZ35

Michel - These are truly your iconic images! What's astonishing is that you left your Pro Gears behind and captured all these with your bridge camera w/ a tiny sensor! This proves - it is the eyes of the Artist behind the camera - Magnificent series! I must add no matter if they're from a Full Frame DSLR or an FZ35 - remarkable work! Thank you for sharing these.

Rick

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads