Photography Facebook page?

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Questions
JulesJ
JulesJ Forum Pro • Posts: 45,358
Re: Photography Facebook page?

DuaneV wrote:

Over 90% of my clientele com from Facebook.  Anyone who thinks a "regular" photography page (a .com) is better than a Facebook photography page is living in the past.  There is absolutely no interaction between a .com page and their prospective customers, whereas a Facebook page gains "Likes" which means they can see new photos posted, current specials, etc.  Friends can see the page, see the photos taken, etc.  It builds and attracts potential customers immediately, FOR FREE!!!  Its a place to interact, and people who are hiring photographers for senior portraits, baby portrait, weddings, etc., want to interact with the person theyre hiring, and not just by phone or consultation.  .com sites are not the "in thing" right now.  Im not saying dump your .com page, but Facebook certainly reaches FAR MORE potential customers MUCH faster than a .com site.

What you say about the FB page is all true. But or us the website is aso very useful and brings in more work. It tends to get found more easily by people searching for our specific type of photography, in our location. FB is great for instant show casing and sharing if views, and does find new followers, although many if these are other photographers asking for and saring thoughts and tips.

JulesJ

SkvLTD wrote:

Just remember to watermark the heck out of whatever images you do not want to get blatantly copied. FB's policy on that is next to non-existent and if you plan on making money, you might as well lock all your work down.

Not always necessary. People tend not to want to steal portraits of other families! Can't think why!

pixseal
pixseal Veteran Member • Posts: 3,365

AndraM wrote:

True, but a screen shot doesn't result in a good-quality image, and it's certainly better than allowing the ability of people to download directly.

Not allowing people to download directly will deter some (or most) people.  A screen capture results in an exact digital copy of whatever is being displayed (when stored in a lossless file format).  If an image appears on my computer, I can capture it, store it, and redisplay it again and again.  The captured image will be every bit as "good" as whatever the site (facebook, flickr, etc.) is capable of displaying.

Whatever you display publicly on the internet can be "stolen".  Period.

-- hide signature --
 pixseal's gear list:pixseal's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS Rebel SL2 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +18 more
JulesJ

dherzstein wrote:

AndraM wrote:

True, but a screen shot doesn't result in a good-quality image, and it's certainly better than allowing the ability of people to download directly.

Not allowing people to download directly will deter some (or most) people.  A screen capture results in an exact digital copy of whatever is being displayed (when stored in a lossless file format).  If an image appears on my computer, I can capture it, store it, and redisplay it again and again.  The captured image will be every bit as "good" as whatever the site (facebook, flickr, etc.) is capable of displaying.

Whatever you display publicly on the internet can be "stolen".  Period.

-- hide signature --

Exactly.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads