Feature packed, a few weaknesses (nobody's perfect!)

Started Mar 27, 2013 | User reviews
Gorpalm Regular Member • Posts: 204
Feature packed, a few weaknesses (nobody's perfect!)

A thorough feature set, let down very slightly by mono-sound recording for movies, plastic screw-thread for tripod mount, mushier-than-expected shots at ISO800+/low light multi-exposure shots, no auto-orientation in playback.

There's a lot to like about this camera - Small footprint, decent lens reach, capable IS, usable bounce flash, lots of shooting options/special effects (some of which you even might envisage using more than once!).  On top of that is a really decently responsive touch-screen, and the convenience of multi-mode wi-fi - Have now decided that wireless image transfer is SO the (lazy-xss) future! Low ISO shots clear as a bell.

Plastic case but nicely made, shame about the plastic screw mount.

I was initially disappointed by the ISO 800+ and multi-exposure low-light mode shots, but flip side of that is a very capable flash - Adjustable in both intensity -2/+2 and usable bounce - So yep I bite the bullet and shoot with flash where normally I'd try for natural-lit (with my aps-c and fuji X10) - But because of the adjustable light and the bounce, get acceptable-to-wow results at usable ISO levels.

A pretty decent proposition, any rival unit that matches it spec for spec and also corrects the four points I highlighted in the first paragraph that the Sammy falls down on costs around half again the asking price for this model.

-- hide signature --

Gordy

Gorpalm's gear list:Gorpalm's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Fujifilm Instax 210 +1 more
Samsung WB250F
14 megapixels • 3 screen • 24 – 432 mm (18×)
Announced: Jan 7, 2013
Gorpalm's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
unrated
Action / sports
okay
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
excellent
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Fujifilm X10 Samsung WB250F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads