My thread has been moved to the panasonic forum! Locked

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions
This thread is locked.
Knorp
Knorp Veteran Member • Posts: 3,004
A real shame

Hi there Dov,

I'm very sorry this had happened to your thread. A real shame.

A while back I welcomed moderation on DPR, but it seems now if I've got more than I've asked for ! Especially not informing the OP is right out rude, impolite and disrespectful.

That also Choi's thread had been moved is a bad sign, clearly the moderator(s) don't think and handle in the spirit of our Leica forum.

Still, it could be possible that some 'low life dork' reported these threads to the moderators.

Please don't let it upset you too much for now, let's just see how things develop here.

All the very best.
........................................................................................................
Bart

 Knorp's gear list:Knorp's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Leica Nocticron 42.5mm
kewlguy
kewlguy Senior Member • Posts: 1,942
No matter how good this Leica Talk forum is...

...it's still one of dpreview forums. Plenty of angry people, sarcasm, etc..

 kewlguy's gear list:kewlguy's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5DS R Nikon 1 J5 Sony Alpha a7R III +89 more
One_Oldman_4U Senior Member • Posts: 1,306
Re: So what you're telling us that these are NOT Leica cameras...

...since it was not built by Leica?

Leica Digilux 3

Leica Digilux 2

Leica D-Lux 6

Leica D-Lux 5

Leica V-Lux 4

LeicaV-Lux 40

Leica V-Lux 3

Leica V-Lux 30

and ALL the other "LUX"..even though it says "Leica" on them and have the famous RED DOT?

Why would Leica put their name and reputation on something that they don't believe in?

 One_Oldman_4U's gear list:One_Oldman_4U's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6
meagre offerings
meagre offerings Veteran Member • Posts: 5,202
Re: My thread has been moved to the panasonic forum!

That's why they are called moderators...

was it a built by Leica Leica, or a designed Leica lens? If the latter, then it's a Panasonic

so where do I belong Mr Clark owning what you call a Panasonic, even though it has a red dot on the camera, and the word Leica on the lens and the word Leica on the body.

pc
--
`its good to step outside your comfort zone occasionally, but is nicer to step back into it` PC.

 meagre offerings's gear list:meagre offerings's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 50-230mm Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +8 more
meagre offerings
meagre offerings Veteran Member • Posts: 5,202
Re: No matter how good this Leica Talk forum is...

...it's still one of dpreview forums. Plenty of angry people, sarcasm, etc..

if its that bad, why do you visit the forum??

pc
--
`its good to step outside your comfort zone occasionally, but is nicer to step back into it` PC.

 meagre offerings's gear list:meagre offerings's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 50-230mm Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +8 more
MrLaki Senior Member • Posts: 1,094
Re: My thread has been moved to the panasonic forum!

John A Clark wrote:

That's why they are called moderators...

was it a built by Leica Leica, or a designed Leica lens? If the latter, then it's a Panasonic

Just makes me wonder why only that one was moved when you will find others which are not taken with anything close to a Leica.

i always thought this forum is more open minded and accepts photos taken with any gear.

as I mentioned before, as long as mods abuse their moderator role this forum will die as others as well.

-- hide signature --
olivier_777
olivier_777 Contributing Member • Posts: 840
Re: My thread has been moved to the panasonic forum!

100% wrong moderation.

A forum is not just a brand, it's a community of people who share common interests. We may like to show images to our community because, somehow, they relate to the common interest of the community. If the moderator doesn't understand that he doesn't understand this community.

 olivier_777's gear list:olivier_777's gear list
Leica M8 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony Alpha a7
Daniel74
Daniel74 Contributing Member • Posts: 850
Re: My thread has been moved to the panasonic forum!

olivier_777 wrote:

100% wrong moderation.

A forum is not just a brand, it's a community of people who share common interests. We may like to show images to our community because, somehow, they relate to the common interest of the community. If the moderator doesn't understand that he doesn't understand this community.

Yes, I thought that's what it was, but it looks like dpreview wants to maintain strict delineations between the fora.

Fora just like conversations can develop organically, change directly, grow and broaden, but if the admin do not support this, I don't want to ruffle any feathers and will go and post in the genre fora. Some great pictures there too!

This place has been a great welcome for me at the dpreview and I am really fond of many members here and look forward to their contributions. But I can still check in, if not contribute...

 Daniel74's gear list:Daniel74's gear list
Sony RX1R II +2 more
epo001 Regular Member • Posts: 370
Re: My thread has been moved to the panasonic forum!

No point in having forums unless you have rules about what is on-topic or not. The forum description says "Welcome to the Leica Talk Forum, the place to discuss Leica digital cameras, such as the M8, D-LUX, V-LUX, and DIGILUX series."

If you want this to be a forum for Leica users and Leica wannabes and anyone who wants to post pictures because they just feel like it, then get the forum description changed.

meagre offerings
meagre offerings Veteran Member • Posts: 5,202
Re: My thread has been moved to the panasonic forum!

olivier_777 wrote:

100% wrong moderation.

A forum is not just a brand, it's a community of people who share common interests. We may like to show images to our community because, somehow, they relate to the common interest of the community. If the moderator doesn't understand that he doesn't understand this community.

Yes, I thought that's what it was, but it looks like dpreview wants to maintain strict delineations between the fora.

Fora just like conversations can develop organically, change directly, grow and broaden, but if the admin do not support this, I don't want to ruffle any feathers and will go and post in the genre fora. Some great pictures there too!

This place has been a great welcome for me at the dpreview and I am really fond of many members here and look forward to their contributions. But I can still check in, if not contribute...

before anyone starts to jump ship to other forums we need to hear from a moderator as to why it seems posts are being moved when the vast majority of forum members are happy enough with how things have been.

pc
--
`its good to step outside your comfort zone occasionally, but is nicer to step back into it` PC.

 meagre offerings's gear list:meagre offerings's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 50-230mm Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +8 more
Cadder Senior Member • Posts: 1,772
To NikonFboy

Please change your user name before you are moved to another forum

Cadder

BSweeney
BSweeney Contributing Member • Posts: 903
Re: My thread has been moved to the panasonic forum!

epo001 wrote:

No point in having forums unless you have rules about what is on-topic or not. The forum description says "Welcome to the Leica Talk Forum, the place to discuss Leica digital cameras, such as the M8, D-LUX, V-LUX, and DIGILUX series."

If you want this to be a forum for Leica users and Leica wannabes and anyone who wants to post pictures because they just feel like it, then get the forum description changed.

The description "Such As" clearly included the camera used in the thread that was moved. If i take it to read "limited to", then i want all of my posts with the M9 and M Monochrom moved to the Kodak Forum. Maybe I'll start posting them there until the forum description is updated.

 BSweeney's gear list:BSweeney's gear list
Leica M8 Nikon D1 Nikon D1X Leica M9 Olympus PEN E-P2 +5 more
l_objectif
l_objectif Forum Pro • Posts: 21,209
To DPR

Once again, I would like to very strongly protest against whoever made this silly decision of excluding prominent members of our community from posting here, their “home”!

I am very proud to see the outrage of my fellow forum members who put years to build this small but unique, strong, inspiring and civil community.  I am also not surprised that those who are supporting this so called “Moderators” decision do not belong to our “Community” and are “outsiders”!

If by any chance any low life has filed any complain against Dov, Choi or anyone belonging to the Leica Forum, I am asking DPR if that person is a real and serious contributor of this forum? … This is his word, or aim, against the rest of our community!

This is a fact that most of us possess more than one camera and shoot with different lenses, but we belong to the same forum which we call “Home”! This is a small community that has always been welcoming “New-Comers”; a vivid and vibrant community made of older and newer members. We almost know each other, try to assist each other the best we can; and, we have set the example of civility in DPR. We are like members of the same body and work together even if we live in different cities, countries or continents. We are inspiring and progressing  with each other’s work regardless of the camera we are using! We are those who created, protected and defended the “Spirit” of the “Leica Forum” regardless of what label is on our camera or lens! We just can’t be scattered around different forums and lose the communication between ourselves; the kind of communication and the collaboration that we put years to build for our benefit and for DPR’s benefit!

We welcomed moderators for Leica Forum because we needed someone, recognized by DPR, to protect our forum from trolls, ill-intentioned individuals who sometimes come with the only aim of making a mess in this forum, often even attacking us for being too helpful and too civil to each other. ( I am not surprised if one of those individuals has caused this sudden decision) !!!... We surely did not welcome any moderator who would break this community’s spirit, the camaraderie and the working ties between us!... We certainly do NOT need that kind of “Moderation”!

I hope DPR would very seriously consider everything that has been said in this very important thread  by the "real member" of this community and would realize and correct this very bad mistake.

 l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Leica D-LUX 4 Leica D-LUX 5 Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D300 +10 more
Cadder Senior Member • Posts: 1,772
Re: To DPR

l_objectif wrote:

Once again, I would like to very strongly protest against whoever made this silly decision of excluding prominent members of our community from posting here, their “home”!

I am very proud to see the outrage of my fellow forum members who put years to build this small but unique, strong, inspiring and civil community.  I am also not surprised that those who are supporting this so called “Moderators” decision do not belong to our “Community” and are “outsiders”!

If by any chance any low life has filed any complain against Dov, Choi or anyone belonging to the Leica Forum, I am asking DPR if that person is a real and serious contributor of this forum? … This is his word, or aim, against the rest of our community!

This is a fact that most of us possess more than one camera and shoot with different lenses, but we belong to the same forum which we call “Home”! This is a small community that has always been welcoming “New-Comers”; a vivid and vibrant community made of older and newer members. We almost know each other, try to assist each other the best we can; and, we have set the example of civility in DPR. We are like members of the same body and work together even if we live in different cities, countries or continents. We are inspiring and progressing  with each other’s work regardless of the camera we are using! We are those who created, protected and defended the “Spirit” of the “Leica Forum” regardless of what label is on our camera or lens! We just can’t be scattered around different forums and lose the communication between ourselves; the kind of communication and the collaboration that we put years to build for our benefit and for DPR’s benefit!

We welcomed moderators for Leica Forum because we needed someone, recognized by DPR, to protect our forum from trolls, ill-intentioned individuals who sometimes come with the only aim of making a mess in this forum, often even attacking us for being too helpful and too civil to each other. ( I am not surprised if one of those individuals has caused this sudden decision) !!!... We surely did not welcome any moderator who would break this community’s spirit, the camaraderie and the working ties between us!... We certainly do NOT need that kind of “Moderation”!

I hope DPR would very seriously consider everything that has been said in this very important thread  by the "real member" of this community and would realize and correct this very bad mistake.

+1

Cadder

Paul20
Paul20 Senior Member • Posts: 2,659
Re: To NikonFboy

Cadder wrote:

Please change your user name before you are moved to another forum

Cadder

That is actually quite funny

Paul

 Paul20's gear list:Paul20's gear list
Leica M9 Sony Alpha a7R II Leica Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH
Lechero Veteran Member • Posts: 6,203
Re: To DPR

l_objectif wrote:

Once again, I would like to very strongly protest against whoever made this silly decision of excluding prominent members of our community from posting here, their “home”!...

Let me second Louis' protest. This thread is already more than 30 posts long. Not yet reaction from DPR. This is really pathetic.

Eduardo

RaajS Veteran Member • Posts: 6,141
Re: To DPR

Cadder wrote:

l_objectif wrote:

Once again, I would like to very strongly protest against whoever made this silly decision of excluding prominent members of our community from posting here, their “home”!

I am very proud to see the outrage of my fellow forum members who put years to build this small but unique, strong, inspiring and civil community.  I am also not surprised that those who are supporting this so called “Moderators” decision do not belong to our “Community” and are “outsiders”!

If by any chance any low life has filed any complain against Dov, Choi or anyone belonging to the Leica Forum, I am asking DPR if that person is a real and serious contributor of this forum? … This is his word, or aim, against the rest of our community!

This is a fact that most of us possess more than one camera and shoot with different lenses, but we belong to the same forum which we call “Home”! This is a small community that has always been welcoming “New-Comers”; a vivid and vibrant community made of older and newer members. We almost know each other, try to assist each other the best we can; and, we have set the example of civility in DPR. We are like members of the same body and work together even if we live in different cities, countries or continents. We are inspiring and progressing  with each other’s work regardless of the camera we are using! We are those who created, protected and defended the “Spirit” of the “Leica Forum” regardless of what label is on our camera or lens! We just can’t be scattered around different forums and lose the communication between ourselves; the kind of communication and the collaboration that we put years to build for our benefit and for DPR’s benefit!

We welcomed moderators for Leica Forum because we needed someone, recognized by DPR, to protect our forum from trolls, ill-intentioned individuals who sometimes come with the only aim of making a mess in this forum, often even attacking us for being too helpful and too civil to each other. ( I am not surprised if one of those individuals has caused this sudden decision) !!!... We surely did not welcome any moderator who would break this community’s spirit, the camaraderie and the working ties between us!... We certainly do NOT need that kind of “Moderation”!

I hope DPR would very seriously consider everything that has been said in this very important thread  by the "real member" of this community and would realize and correct this very bad mistake.

+1

Cadder

+2!

Well said, Louis!

-- hide signature --

'Change is not Mandatory, you don't have to Survive...'
SeekingLight.net

olivier_777
olivier_777 Contributing Member • Posts: 840
Re: To DPR

RaajS wrote:

Cadder wrote:

l_objectif wrote:

Once again, I would like to very strongly protest against whoever made this silly decision of excluding prominent members of our community from posting here, their “home”!

I am very proud to see the outrage of my fellow forum members who put years to build this small but unique, strong, inspiring and civil community.  I am also not surprised that those who are supporting this so called “Moderators” decision do not belong to our “Community” and are “outsiders”!

If by any chance any low life has filed any complain against Dov, Choi or anyone belonging to the Leica Forum, I am asking DPR if that person is a real and serious contributor of this forum? … This is his word, or aim, against the rest of our community!

This is a fact that most of us possess more than one camera and shoot with different lenses, but we belong to the same forum which we call “Home”! This is a small community that has always been welcoming “New-Comers”; a vivid and vibrant community made of older and newer members. We almost know each other, try to assist each other the best we can; and, we have set the example of civility in DPR. We are like members of the same body and work together even if we live in different cities, countries or continents. We are inspiring and progressing  with each other’s work regardless of the camera we are using! We are those who created, protected and defended the “Spirit” of the “Leica Forum” regardless of what label is on our camera or lens! We just can’t be scattered around different forums and lose the communication between ourselves; the kind of communication and the collaboration that we put years to build for our benefit and for DPR’s benefit!

We welcomed moderators for Leica Forum because we needed someone, recognized by DPR, to protect our forum from trolls, ill-intentioned individuals who sometimes come with the only aim of making a mess in this forum, often even attacking us for being too helpful and too civil to each other. ( I am not surprised if one of those individuals has caused this sudden decision) !!!... We surely did not welcome any moderator who would break this community’s spirit, the camaraderie and the working ties between us!... We certainly do NOT need that kind of “Moderation”!

I hope DPR would very seriously consider everything that has been said in this very important thread  by the "real member" of this community and would realize and correct this very bad mistake.

+1

Cadder

+2!

Well said, Louis!

+3.

Moderation should work for, not against the community. I hope everything will be rectified soon and that we can keep enjoying our good company.

 olivier_777's gear list:olivier_777's gear list
Leica M8 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony Alpha a7
BSweeney
BSweeney Contributing Member • Posts: 903
Re: To DPR

I agree with this sentiment 100%.

The latest actions taken by the new Moderators will shift this forum away from Photography and into a gear-related forum. Most of the threads posted on this forum are Photography related, with a style that Leica cameras excel at. Many of the members that have posted to this forum later picked up Leica equipment as it suited their style. "Won over by Photography made with a Leica", more than specifications.

Enforcing strict barriers for the threads that can be posted here is a truly stupid move and will run off most of the veteran members.

 BSweeney's gear list:BSweeney's gear list
Leica M8 Nikon D1 Nikon D1X Leica M9 Olympus PEN E-P2 +5 more
HansAlbert Veteran Member • Posts: 4,313
to dpreview

A true moderator of this forum should be acquainted with its spirit in the first place. Guests with an enthusiasm for photography have always been welcome here. Has that ever compromised the exchange of information on technical matters? No, instead it has enriched the forum and has spiced it up. Why then tear apart this little community instead of leaving its structure intact?

(The rest is head-shaking.)

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads