Show Your Snaps...March 25, 2013

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions
OP Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 35,515
Re: MG

That's a beautiful MG.  I've been to a few car shows and the amount of time and money some of these owners spend on them are so much more than we spend on our camera gear.  I like to see all those cars with that shiny chrome.

Here's an Austin Healey for you, taken at a car show at the Maryhill Museum last autumn in Washington state, east of Portland, Oregon.

Re: My Mum's Cats

I like the second photo the best.  They seem quite relaxed and content.

Re: Show Your Snaps...March 25, 2013

I liked seeing those pictures, especially with all the snow on the trees.  I was unable to take many pictures of snow this year in our area.  It depends; sometimes we almost get no snow and a few years back we got about 12 to 18 inches of snow from one storm.

Your daughter is also a good artist...those are pretty and colorful.

Re: Mostly testing out new camera

That's great; I'm glad you are enjoying the Canon T2i (550D) camera.  I bought two of them a little over a year ago.  Previously I was using about 4 to 6 year old 8mp to 10mp DSLR cameras from another brand (which may be close to the same age as your XT camera without looking it up).  When I upgraded to the 18mp Canon T2i (550D) camera it was quite a jump with more pixels and much better ISO levels.  Using the M mode (so we can get the smaller incremental ISO levels) I was very pleased to find the pictures really nice up to ISO5000.  At ISO6400 they still aren't that bad (they are a little grainy at full size but usable for resized web photos).

mburns
mburns Regular Member • Posts: 417

The automobile is a 1961 Cadillac.

mburns's gear list:mburns's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 35-80mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 Tamron SP 45mm F1.8 Di VC USD +51 more

Thanks.  The 59 Cadillac had those huge fins on back.  Then the fins got smaller as the years went by, so that seems right.

Keith Z Leonard Veteran Member • Posts: 6,102
Still cold in Pittsburgh

Keith Z Leonard's gear list:Keith Z Leonard's gear list
Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EOS 400D +16 more
margievh99 New Member • Posts: 11

Oh wonderful, thank you:) its been racking my brain to figure out what kind.

margievh99 New Member • Posts: 11

Oh yes, and Houston as well. Lots more, I love it.

One of my goals to travel to take lots more interesting pictures.

One day hopefully

Hollander Senior Member • Posts: 1,370
Re: White Egret

Great shots Digi of the white Egret. Man you've the patience of a Saint, but it paid of for you.

-- hide signature --

Rob.
To keep my brain active I'm trying to learn CS3 and Lightroom 2 , only to get more confused, because I don't read the manuals.
http://robvorderman.zenfolio.com/

Hollander's gear list:Hollander's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX80 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 +3 more
Re: Still cold in Pittsburgh

Keith I love the Pittsburgh nightshot. Hope you get better weather soon.

Very cute picture of your son too.

-- hide signature --

Rob.
To keep my brain active I'm trying to learn CS3 and Lightroom 2 , only to get more confused, because I don't read the manuals.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX80 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 +3 more

Glacier Bay, National Park Alaska.

Margerie Glacier, Alaska.

Creek Street, Ketchican.

Taken last year on an Alaska Cruise.

-- hide signature --

Rob.

White Egret - Thanks

Thanks.  That actually was the closest I've gotten to a white egret in our area (in about the last four years).  I've gotten as close or closer to heron (GBH), but the egrets have been more difficult for me.  It's one thing that always amazes me every time I go out taking pictures, we just don't know what to expect.  Things many times are different even when we go to the same place.

2esetters
2esetters Senior Member • Posts: 1,978

Great shots.  Beautiful scenery.  That modern cabin cruiser in the second shot needs to be replaced by an iced-up trawler though

2esetters's gear list:2esetters's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 1100D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +1 more
Re: Still cold in Pittsburgh

Thanks for sharing with us your pictures even though it's been cold for you.  I enjoyed seeing the night time photo and the picture of your son is very nice too.  We have heard about all the cold back east.  Don't get mad at us on the west coast, when you find out we are supposed to have sunny 70+ degree F. weather on Saturday (according to the weather forecast).   We've had a warm and dry spring, after having a wet autumn in Oregon.  But we could have a very wet April and May.  We just don't know around here, but it's nice to enjoy it while it happens.

I hope things warm up for you all real quick.

Those are fantastic photos.  I see you used the E-510 camera.  I had been using the E-500 and E-510 cameras (I still use them occasionally too).  But decided my upgrade path was the Canon T2i (550D) camera (I bought two of them about a year ago).  I don't have lots of money to spend on gear, but it's been worthwhile with the decisions I've made.  I'll just be patient when it comes to upgrading.  It's interesting watching all these different cameras coming up from so many different brands.  Whatever it is, it's going to get better and better.  I sure like taking pictures indoors without a flash and things like that, or getting nice photos on very dark cloudy days up to ISO5000.  I know from discussions on this forum, people would like a 24 megapixel Rebel, but I'm still happy with the 18 megapixels.  Olympus froze that development at 12mp (with their DSLR cameras), so 18mp still seems pretty good.

Digirame wrote:

Those are fantastic photos.  I see you used the E-510 camera.  I had been using the E-500 and E-510 cameras (I still use them occasionally too).  But decided my upgrade path was the Canon T2i (550D) camera (I bought two of them about a year ago).  I don't have lots of money to spend on gear, but it's been worthwhile with the decisions I've made.  I'll just be patient when it comes to upgrading.  It's interesting watching all these different cameras coming up from so many different brands.  Whatever it is, it's going to get better and better.  I sure like taking pictures indoors without a flash and things like that, or getting nice photos on very dark cloudy days up to ISO5000.  I know from discussions on this forum, people would like a 24 megapixel Rebel, but I'm still happy with the 18 megapixels.  Olympus froze that development at 12mp (with their DSLR cameras), so 18mp still seems pretty good.

Thank you Digi, I just knew that you would see that I was using the E 510. Going on the cruise I did not take my E3 or the E620. The E510 is still my favorite camera. I remember when you were looking for another camera. You did put in a lot of time and research before settling on the T2I. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Well I've bought the T4I, it was a very good deal at Future Shop on Cyber Monday. And yes I think 18 MP is plenty good enough.

-- hide signature --

Rob.

2esetters wrote:

Great shots.  Beautiful scenery.  That modern cabin cruiser in the second shot needs to be replaced by an iced-up trawler though

Thank you 2esetters. This was in Aug and we were freezing cold. In Ketchican we had to buy a winter jacket.

Yes an iced up trawler would be a nice touch to the picture.

-- hide signature --

Rob.

That's great.  Congratulations.  I'm glad to hear that you bought the Canon T4i (650D) camera.  I think you will enjoy it.  I was little surprised that the JPEGs turned out so good on these Canon Rebels (but Dpreview's review indicated that they were sufficient, at least on the Canon T2i (550D) camera).  If you are planning to shoot JPEG, be sure to ask people what picture style settings are best.  I moved the sharpness level up to 4 or 5 for the Canon T2i (550D) camera, which is what I wouldn't or couldn't do with the Olympus E-510.  From memory I had that Olympus setting at -1, because of the sharpness.  On the Canon T2i (550D) camera I believe I had the contrast at -1.  Everything else was at zero (at least that is what I think it is, without looking it up).  There's also another thing you might want to change.  One of the settings changes the lighting or contrasts; I can't remember what that is called without trying to find it on the menu.  I disabled mine.  Be sure to ask about that too.  It's some type of lighting optimization (or something like that).

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads