new zack arias review of x100s is up

Started Mar 22, 2013 | Discussions
max01
max01 Forum Member • Posts: 62
new zack arias review of x100s is up

http://zackarias.com/for-photographers/gear-gadgets/fuji-x100s-review-a-camera-walks-into-a-bar/

strange rather creepy story about fuji and leica but the photos are very nice.

Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
simon
simon Senior Member • Posts: 2,351
Who the hell is Zack Arias ?
-- hide signature --

- Simon, Sydney

David Mintzer Contributing Member • Posts: 524
Re: Who the hell is Zack Arias ?

Guy was trying to do his review in a unique way.  Failed.  But heck those are some impressive pictures he took so I guess the dude knows what he is doing.  I'm very impressed with the X100S.  I want one.

David Mintzer's gear list:David Mintzer's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +1 more
vkphoto
vkphoto Senior Member • Posts: 1,632
Google?
Trollsgoaway New Member • Posts: 9

So the hell are you? show me your photos first...

briny Regular Member • Posts: 275
Re: new zack arias review of x100s is up

I thought the bar story was funny. Owners of the other brands mentioned might feel differently... Glad to read another great review of the X100s. Makes me want one, even though I  love my X-E1.

briny's gear list:briny's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
gb21 Junior Member • Posts: 34
simon

Trollsgoaway wrote:

So the hell are you? show me your photos first...

Been posting here since 2001.

Have a look for yourself.

I note you joined 2 weeks ago and done 6 posts . . . . well, er um, says it all really.

-- hide signature --

- Simon, Sydney

baobob
baobob Forum Pro • Posts: 11,493

Simon

It seems that started a few hours a new dance in this forum : the rock and TROLL

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience
Experience comes from bad judgment

baobob's gear list:baobob's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus Tough TG-4 Panasonic ZS200 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 +10 more
fluxism Contributing Member • Posts: 584

a heartfelt review from a human being—shine on, you crazy diamond.

fluxism's gear list:fluxism's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
JSTB Regular Member • Posts: 262

fluxism wrote:

a heartfelt review from a human being—shine on, you crazy diamond.

+1. Great review.

johnvr1 Regular Member • Posts: 199

simon wrote:

Someone who's quite well respected, uses his full name and adds to the photographic community. No disdain is necessary just because you don't know the guy.

palincss Contributing Member • Posts: 752

max01 wrote:

http://zackarias.com/for-photographers/gear-gadgets/fuji-x100s-review-a-camera-walks-into-a-bar/

It was a metaphor.

Klay Regular Member • Posts: 473
Good read

I appreciate his writing style and attitude towards the tools he uses for photography.  His practical take on the camera and it's usability for what he is trying to accomplish is really refreshing. He doesn't ignore the technical prowess of the camera but it's definitely relegated down a few notches in his review.

Kevin

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/k-bien/
'No point in steering now.' -- Doug McKenzie

Klay's gear list:Klay's gear list
Nikon D70s Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +2 more
Daniel from Bavaria Contributing Member • Posts: 872
Well done

Hi,

this is very nice to read. The bar story at the beginning is also a very creativ approach to compare brands from a of course very subjective and personal point of view.

Besides is talking about this and that he also does not forget the technical aspect. So overal it is a really comprehensive look at the camera.

Maybe is one of these very enthusiastic guys who is still able to enjoy something like kid - what is nice and one can always take his opinion with a grain of salt.

Besides that he really is very good photographer. No questions.

So I really enjoy his reviews and in particular his photos.

Nevertheless, I wait for the 1.4 23 - YES I will.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniel from Bavaria's gear list:Daniel from Bavaria's gear list
Leica M10 Leica Elmarit-M 28mm f/2.8 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH Leica Super-Elmar-M 21mm f/3.4 ASPH Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 1,4/35 ZM +1 more
samhain Senior Member • Posts: 1,344

Guy was trying to do his review in a unique way.  Failed.  But heck those are some impressive pictures he took so I guess the dude knows what he is doing.  I'm very impressed with the X100S.  I want one.

Tell us how he failed David? What parts did he fail at exactly?

Imo- that was an f'n awesome review. By far the most refreshing & entertaining reviews are coming from Zack. I've yet to read a bad one.
I can see he's not everyone's cup of tea- But i would never put the words 'fail' & 'Zack Arias' in the same sentence. Ever. You'd have to be really pretentious or really square to say he fails at being unique.

For those of you who aren't familiar with him(or are), you should check out his creative mornings lecture, as well as the creative live talks. He has a lot of really inspirational & helpful stuff packed into those talks.

Warfie 35 New Member • Posts: 10

The best camera review ever.

Mike Regular Member • Posts: 401

+1

humor and real world photos instead of pixels; Zack is one of  my favorite photographers since a long time

Warfie 35 wrote:

The best camera review ever.

Mike's gear list:Mike's gear list
Nikon D500 Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art
simon
Apology to Zack Arias

It appears I badly worded my question on who he was, apology to you all and especially to Zack.

My post was borne out of a sudden increase of seemingly random "User Reviews" and I presumed it was just another of these.

Once again, apologies to all and no offence intended.

-- hide signature --

- Simon, Sydney

epo001 Regular Member • Posts: 370

palincss wrote:

max01 wrote:

It was a metaphor.

Actually it was a parable, a very good one.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads