Nikon FT1 anyone have problems with it?

Started Mar 22, 2013 | Questions
FishHawk Regular Member • Posts: 219
Nikon FT1 anyone have problems with it?

I just bought a  Nikon 1V1 and also the FT1 adaptor, its off to Nikon for repair!

It won't recogonise that a lens is on the camera. I talked to Nikon and did what the tech said and it won't work.  Brand new out of the box and defective. Anyone else have a similar problems with this adaptor, and yes I used the compatiable lenses with the unite.

FishHawk

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 (Lumix DMC-FT1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
radp1 Forum Member • Posts: 82
Re: Nikon FT1 anyone have problems with it?

FishHawk wrote:

I just bought a Nikon 1V1 and also the FT1 adaptor, its off to Nikon for repair!

It won't recogonise that a lens is on the camera. I talked to Nikon and did what the tech said and it won't work. Brand new out of the box and defective. Anyone else have a similar problems with this adaptor, and yes I used the compatiable lenses with the unite.

FishHawk

Maybe firmware not updated?

-- hide signature --

Rad

radp1's gear list:radp1's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Olympus PEN-F
Paul Pasco
Paul Pasco Veteran Member • Posts: 5,746

Did you buy the V1 new or used and is the firmware up to date? What lens are you trying to use with the FT-1?

-- hide signature --

Regards, Paul
Lili's Dad

Paul Pasco's gear list:Paul Pasco's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Nikon D50 Nikon D3 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 +17 more
HappyVan Senior Member • Posts: 2,396
No problem ...

FishHawk wrote:

I just bought a Nikon 1V1 and also the FT1 adaptor, its off to Nikon for repair!

It won't recogonise that a lens is on the camera. I talked to Nikon and did what the tech said and it won't work. Brand new out of the box and defective. Anyone else have a similar problems with this adaptor, and yes I used the compatiable lenses with the unite.

FishHawk

... with 35mm 1.8G, 50 1.8G or 70-200 II.

I do have a problem with non-Nikon lenses.

OP FishHawk Regular Member • Posts: 219
Re: No problem ...

I used a Nikon 70-300mm Gtype lens and a 500mm VR lens both recommended with the FT1 and I got an error message saying to connect the lens. It's at Nikon being checked out.

My camera was purchased new along with the two lens ; 10-30 and 30-110 . The camera works fine with these lenses. We'll see what Nikon says. FishHawk

D Lynch Senior Member • Posts: 2,910

radp1 wrote:

FishHawk wrote:

FishHawk

Maybe firmware not updated?

-- hide signature --

Rad

The camera firmware was "enhanced" supporting the FT1 adapter.

When I checked my camera, bought just a month ago, it had the original firmware. I upgraded it to ensure that it would support the FT1 adapter (If and when I get it.)

You can check the firmware in the camera menu.

Hope this helps.

-- hide signature --

DaveL
Good gear gives us freedom to pursue our passion

D Lynch's gear list:D Lynch's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 II Nikon D300S Sony a6000
febco Forum Member • Posts: 65
Re: No problem ...

FishHawk,

Send the FT-1 to Nikon for repair. Mine stopped working after 6 months. It would not AF and it would not work on P mode. The exposures on A mode were close to 1/4 sec in full daylight. It was weird as some lenses would work some of the time but not others. I sent the FT-1 to Nikon and they replaced the main PCB, replaced the lens signal pin and upgraded the firmware. Now it works perfectly.

If you use the FT-1 make sure you do not hang the camera on your neck with the camera strap. An FX or DX lens is much heavier than any CX lens so it will cause too much strain on the FT-1 pins on  the camera interface. Instead attach the strap to the FT-1 tripod hole or to the lens if it has a foot.

My service was under warranty so there was no charge. It was super fast as I got it back in one week. Kudos to Nikon Service in NY! Good luck!

Fernando

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads