>>>>Thursday landscape thread 21st March 2013<<<<

Started Mar 21, 2013 | Discussions
snap
snap Veteran Member • Posts: 6,149
>>>>Thursday landscape thread 21st March 2013<<<<

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the landscape thread. As always,  last week's was full of some amazing Landscapes from all cross the world.

Last week's thread: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/51036816

You can share as many images as you like.

There's no brand restriction - any camera brand or even smart phone images are welcome.

Reply to this post and change subject line for your pictures otherwise things get less convenient for others to follow the thread and you might miss replies and comments!

Rick

snap's gear list:snap's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom +42 more
in_focus
in_focus Forum Pro • Posts: 18,674
Framed II.

Framed by hayrack beams.. the Hayracks Land is occasionally used as pet name for Slovenia ..

Best regards from the Sunny side...

-- hide signature --

Bruno

Belpat
Belpat Senior Member • Posts: 1,665
Lonely treessss

I told Rick, two weeks ago, that lonely trees was one of my favourite subject.  Here is a few samples of my huge collection :-).  From Valdes Peninsula Argentina, Bryce Canyon, Black Canyon, Grand Canyon and Torres del Payne Chile.

-- hide signature --
 Belpat's gear list:Belpat's gear list
Nikon D810
leeland48
leeland48 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,691
The Two of Us !

-- hide signature --

lee

leeland48's gear list:leeland48's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Olympus E-PL7 Fujifilm X-T10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +2 more
Castaway
Castaway Veteran Member • Posts: 4,261
Mt.Wapta

Castaway's gear list:Castaway's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 Panasonic FZ1000
Castaway
Re: Mt.Wapta

Castaway wrote:

Taken with my FZ30 six years ago, still one of my favourite photos. Looks good in B&W too. I now have the fz200 but miss some of the features of the 30. Haven't had the 200 in the mountains yet but hope to next month.

Sorry for the double post, I lost the text when posting the photo. Some things are not quite so easy on an iPad.

-- hide signature --
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 Panasonic FZ1000
digby dart Veteran Member • Posts: 6,163
X10

Nighttime handheld in pro low light mode.

The camera takes 4 frames, each of those 4 frame are the result of 2 frames using the sensor split in half, so a total 8 frames combined in camera for the result. Sounds complicated but it works and its all done in camera with one shutter press.

Post processed in Painshop Pro X5.

tonybax Regular Member • Posts: 367
derwentwater

-- hide signature --

howay the lads

tonybax's gear list:tonybax's gear list
Nikon D5600 Nikon D7500 Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM
One_Oldman_4U Senior Member • Posts: 1,305
Re: Park

One of my favorite park to visit when I'm home in Houston, Texas. This was Feb or Mar 2012. They have a good nature trail (about 4 miles of trail) and a good place to unwind and relax. Spring is the best time for a visit.

Mercer Park, Houston, Texas

One_Oldman_4U's gear list:One_Oldman_4U's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6
Erik Ohlson
Erik Ohlson Forum Pro • Posts: 20,016
Re: >>>>Thursday landscape thread 21st March 2013<<<<

Since the ground rules don't specify equipment used, I'll post these.

I just got a very nice Epson V500 Photo scanner which is really good "for a flatbed scanner" as 'they' say. I think it's marvelous: great scans with digital ICE, and very little fuss - I load in 4 slides while reading email or DP Review, and it automatically does whatever is necessary, opening a window with the images when it's done.

With your indulgence, two film shots from the Past. Fuji ST701 SLR with Fujinon 50mm lens:

Shattered rock, Capitol Reef National Park, August, 1978. Kodachrome. "They" say Kodachrome doesn't work with Digital ICE and maybe there is a harshness not apparent on the slide. Or not?

"Rin-Tin_Tin" - our first dog, Bilbo doing his best hero-dog pose, Dolly Sods widerness, WVa. Ektachrome, 1968

And last but not least, one from my previous Tasmania trip, taken with the Panasonic TZ1 - still a great camera, IMHO:

-Erik

-- hide signature --

'He who hesitates is not only lost - he's miles from the next Exit.'
www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

Deepak Kaw
Deepak Kaw Senior Member • Posts: 2,019
From Kashmir
 Deepak Kaw's gear list:Deepak Kaw's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Nikon D610 Fujifilm X-T2 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 AF 1.4x +24 more
Castaway
Mt Wapta again

There is now a problem with downloading from the gallery.

-- hide signature --
Castaway
Eric Ohlson

How did your gorgeous beach photo replace my two of  Mt Wapta?

The link is still to my gallery and photo.

-- hide signature --
DezM
DezM Forum Pro • Posts: 34,522
St. Patrick's

Not land, but a shot of St. Patrick's Cathedral and Atlas:

-- hide signature --
 DezM's gear list:DezM's gear list
Nikon D850
Castaway
Re: Eric Ohlson

Strange things are happening on this site this afternoon.  For a while your Tasmania photo was showing on my posts of Mt Wapta. Now it is back to my photos again.

-- hide signature --
Trafford
Trafford Veteran Member • Posts: 8,255
Skyscape and the valley

At sunset.

Two hours earlier.

Belpat
Re: Framed II.

Very nice Bruno, you seem to live in a fantastic place.  The mountains on the back are looking great... I am hoping to see a picture of you on the summit  Nice composition... as usual

-- hide signature --
Nikon D810
Belpat
Re: The Two of Us !

Very nice Lee, perfect composition and works well in B&W

-- hide signature --
Nikon D810
Belpat
Re: Mt.Wapta

Wow, this is really a fantastic picture. Well done.

-- hide signature --
Nikon D810
Belpat
Re: >>>>Thursday landscape thread 21st March 2013<<<<

Eric,  the 3rd one is my favourite.  Nice colours... well done

-- hide signature --
Nikon D810
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads