**The Weekly 4/3 DSLR Images 13 03 18**

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions
19andrew47
OP 19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 30,181
Re: 2013 Redwood Region Logging Conference

Thanks Rich! Gotta wonder if that has anything to do with the name of the short lived musical group that adopted most of that name. Seems kind of fitting in some ways.  Just googled it and got the following from wikipedia  "Taking their name from the side of a steamroller, made by the Buffalo-Springfield Roller Company".  Well isn't this fun!

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: Redwood National Park

A very nice monochrome image Craig.  Like the dark mood with the fog.

Thanks for contributing,

Andrew

Rich Z
Rich Z Veteran Member • Posts: 8,647
Re: Hide and Seek

Egrets are a pain to photograph.  Lots of them here in the redwoods, and they don't let me get anywhere near close, except on rare occasions.  As soon as they see the long lens aiming at them, they fly.  And, naturally they fly away from me, so I get lots of pix of egrets from the rear, as I start continuous shutter actuation as soon as they start to take off.  The good pix I've got of them came from crawling in the mud below the level of the weeds.  Rich

http://photobucket.com/dfr49_pix

sunisri
sunisri Senior Member • Posts: 1,444
A few pics from St Patricks Day Parade...

Here are few pics from St Patricks Day Parade. All pics were taken with E-1 + ZD 50-200mm Mk1. Hand hold. All pics are OOC no PP done.

-- hide signature --

Sri

sunisri's gear list:sunisri's gear list
Olympus SH-50 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-30 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +7 more
trevor4455 Regular Member • Posts: 127
Re: The Bub at a rugby match

Danville, Virginia.  Around this time of year a few rugby teams visit and play some games.  I don't have a clue what the rules are but it's pretty interesting to watch.  The dog loved it.

Rich Z
Rich Z Veteran Member • Posts: 8,647

Great piece of trivia, Andrew, and how about that?  I liked the musical group, crazy as they were, though so was I, back then, but didn't know where they got their name.  I've seen quite a few of the rollers, though.  It is fun, and thanks for the research, Rich

http://photobucket.com/dfr49_pix

battybob Regular Member • Posts: 173
A few from Peru

Fountain in central Plaza Cusco

Caimen on the river bank close to lodge at Puerto Maldonado.

Cusco busker in one of the many side streets

battybob's gear list:battybob's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II +12 more
battybob Regular Member • Posts: 173
Re: The Flautist

WoW !!

Superb and great colours

battybob's gear list:battybob's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II +12 more
sunisri
Re: The Flautist

Thats a excellent pic.

-- hide signature --

Sri

Olympus SH-50 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-30 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +7 more
sunisri
Re: Up close with an E-1

Nice and sharp pics with E-1. What lens you were using to take this pic.

-- hide signature --

Sri

herebefore
herebefore Veteran Member • Posts: 3,296
Re: Up close with an E-1

sunisri wrote:

Nice and sharp pics with E-1. What lens you were using to take this pic.

The lens on that shot was the ZD 40-150 (mark 1, the big fat one) one of my favorite lenses..

It was shot through a (thankfully clean) triple pane window.

-- hide signature --

Larry Lynch
Mystic, Connecticut
Be Careful, sleep can be a symptom of caffeine deprivation
I figured out why I cant lose weight! The only exercise Im good at is CHEWING
Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does
In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.
Oscar Wilde

19andrew47
Re: A few pics from St Patricks Day Parade...

The E-1 certainly delivers great out of camera colour!

Thanks for contributing,

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: A few from Peru

Like the first and the last.  Both nicely composed with good colour and detail.

Thanks for contributing,

Andrew

minniev Senior Member • Posts: 2,896
monument valley last week

I found that Monument Valley is a very hard place to take pictures. I have not learned how to deal effectively with the southwest. The sun is extremely harsh and I was constantly fighting contrast too great to manage very well. The OMD did a little better than the E30 but the strap broke and I ended up shooting most of the day with the E30. It was interesting to compare the two. The shots from the E30 required a little more processing and made me a little more sore in the shoulders but she did reasonably well as long as I respected her quirks.

Roger Engelken
Roger Engelken Veteran Member • Posts: 5,310
A Squirrel and his Nut

Enjoying my new to me E-1, this time with the ZD 12-60 lens.  3,200 actuations and counting.

Roger Engelken's gear list:Roger Engelken's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Olympus E-M1 II +10 more
Roger Engelken
Re: monument valley last week

Hollywood filmed many a Western in those parts, and small wonder as they showcase wide open vistas and towering natural monuments.  Yours are a solid rendering of that landscape, and thank you for sharing these.

Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Olympus E-M1 II +10 more
Roger Engelken

Never apologize for pictures, this forum needs much more of these and much less of some of the idle talk.  I did look at all thirteen of them, and you have a very nice set of shots indeed.  As an aside, my grandfather did work in the pulp mills up there from the 1940s to 1960s.  I for one am glad for the preservation of native forests, the Redwoods are stunning gifts of creation.

aja2
aja2 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,657
Koolau Waterfalls

These aren't huge waterfalls, but when there are multiple ones 'going off' it's a really spectacular event. Not a lot of light after the rain - just a lot of cool air & clean, natural views. Taken @ Ho'omaluhia State Park, Kaneohe, HI.

Collin is looking for' landscapes with people in them' in this week's challenge - this would work, too:

aja2
aja2 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,657
Re: Hide and Seek

Ha. Definitely hiding! Nice angular composition.

Roger Engelken
Re: Koolau Waterfalls

I lived out there from 1970 to 1998.  I've been in that park many times, always beautiful both before, during and after the rains.  Thank you for sharing this one.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads