Here is a Rumour for you

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions
phaedin
phaedin Senior Member • Posts: 1,634
Here is a Rumour for you

I was at my local Sonystyle store on Friday night and while talking to one of the Sales Reps and lenses, He mentioned that Sony was planning to release 28 new lenses in the near future.

18 of those new lenses are going to be "Sony made lenses built to Zeiss specifications"

Sony realises that it is lacking in the full frame lens dept and needs to add more to support the A99

Some of those will probably be E-mount lenses.

The Rep I was talking to was English - so it must be true

Anyway something to look out for

phaedin's gear list:phaedin's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon D7500 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A +1 more
Sony Alpha a99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Amateur Sony Shooter Veteran Member • Posts: 5,433
Re: Here is a Rumour for you

i doubt it. I was also in one of Sony Store (Vancouver Broadway location) and sad to see they are closing down. Every lens and accessories 30% off (I bought clip-on LCD monitor for little over $300), brand new A57 for $509.

Amateur Sony Shooter's gear list:Amateur Sony Shooter's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a77 II Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +6 more
underxposed59 Contributing Member • Posts: 790

If you consider 14 years to be the near future it's very believable

underxposed59's gear list:underxposed59's gear list
Sony a6000
splashy
splashy Senior Member • Posts: 2,578

"The Rep I was talking to was English - so it must be true "

Why???

splashy's gear list:splashy's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony FE 50mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +1 more
phaedin
OP phaedin Senior Member • Posts: 1,634

Why not?

You missed the winking smilie BTW

Generally people who spread rumours give some source to make it sound legitimate. I believe him as much as any sales rep.
Until I see the product on the shelf I won't hold my breath. But if it I true then it will be something to look forward to.

Nikon D7100 Nikon D7500 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A +1 more
Ed at Ridersite Forum Pro • Posts: 18,612
In our dreams - n/t
-- hide signature --

AEH
http://aehass.zenfolio.com/
http://aehass.zenfolio.com/blog
Question: What do you do all week?
Answer: Mon to Fri. Nothing, Sat & Sun I rest!

Ed at Ridersite's gear list:Ed at Ridersite's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony SLT-A68 Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM II
ArtiTO Forum Member • Posts: 67
it is not April 1st yet

but good joke anyway

phaedin
Re: it is not April 1st yet

Who was joking?

Clyde Thomas Senior Member • Posts: 1,198

Yes I heard the same rumor. But it's accomplished from Sony purchasing Nikon, and creating a AF AF hybrid mount, which of course is also compatible with E and V mount too. It's an amazing technology. Put a white A lens on Nikon body, and it turns black instantly. Put a black F lens on Sony body, and it turns white instantly... All Sigma lenses turn pink with green dots on both bodies.

But there are still problems. Sony lens on Nikon body transmutates a D800 into 24mp EVF camera. They can't seem to get over that technical hurdle. But the good news is that mounting Nikon lens onto a99 will transmutate it into a 36mp OVF camera with a real live working flash system.

Worst part is that neither company will provide firmware updates worth anything, or admit any problems with production recalls.  But heh... what do you expect... miracles?

-- hide signature --

Here to help. Here to learn.

cplunk Senior Member • Posts: 1,834

phaedin wrote:

The Rep I was talking to was English - so it must be true

Anyway something to look out for

Grandma told me to never trust the English.

(Grandma was Irish).

You'd better pay more attention to my Grandma than your English camera guy...

cplunk's gear list:cplunk's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha DSLR-A330 Sony Alpha a99 Sony a6300 +19 more
Bart7D
Bart7D Veteran Member • Posts: 4,436

Clyde Thomas wrote:

Yes I heard the same rumor. But it's accomplished from Sony purchasing Nikon, and creating a AF AF hybrid mount, which of course is also compatible with E and V mount too. It's an amazing technology. Put a white A lens on Nikon body, and it turns black instantly. Put a black F lens on Sony body, and it turns white instantly... All Sigma lenses turn pink with green dots on both bodies.

Pink? Nonsense! Since Sigma bought Lamborghini in 2015 all their lenses turn yellow on Sony mount. And green on Hasselblad (due to sheer envy of Ferrari's bond with Hassi)

Bart

Bart7D's gear list:Bart7D's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha a99 Sony a77 II +21 more
digititus Senior Member • Posts: 1,599

phaedin wrote:

Why not?

..............I believe him as much as any sales rep.

Which is far more than you should!

Nordstjernen
Nordstjernen Veteran Member • Posts: 6,876
True, but not like this

phaedin wrote:

He mentioned that Sony was planning to release 28 new lenses in the near future.

He for sure misunderstood the rumor. Sony is just moving on as usual:

Sony is releasing 28 new camera bodies in near future, and maybe a few kit zoom lenses.

Nordstjernen's gear list:Nordstjernen's gear list
Sony Alpha a99 Sony a7
cosmonaut
cosmonaut Senior Member • Posts: 2,223

If you had said eight it would have been more believable. I hope for a 35mm I can afford.

Archer66 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,014

Amateur Sony Shooter wrote:

i doubt it. I was also in one of Sony Store (Vancouver Broadway location) and sad to see they are closing down

What does this have to do with new lenses ??

Jay557799
Jay557799 Junior Member • Posts: 35

"I heard the same rumor. But it's accomplished from Sony purchasing Nikon ... "

source?

-- hide signature --

Jakub Jasinski

Jay557799's gear list:Jay557799's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha a99 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +11 more
AllMankind
AllMankind Contributing Member • Posts: 564
Total BS (NT)
phaedin
Re: Total BS (NT)

3 a-mount lenses and an e-mount lens have been announced already this year, so not total B.S.

Clyde Thomas Senior Member • Posts: 1,198

Sony purchasing Nikon ... "

source?

Not sure you understood my comment clearly.  It should be obvious the source is the Wizard of OZ.

-- hide signature --

Here to help. Here to learn.

GodSpeaks
GodSpeaks Forum Pro • Posts: 13,573
Re: Total BS (NT)

3 a-mount lenses and an e-mount lens have been announced already this year, so not total B.S.

So only 24 more lenses to go.

Yeah, Right.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Panasonic FZ1000 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Nikon D800E Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +49 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads