I am in Mourning

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
bofo777 Contributing Member • Posts: 819
I am in Mourning

Before my E-5 went done today (shutter came apart..I am in terrible mourning) I did shot some shots in the Lake Tahoe Area.  Hope you like them....John

bofo777's gear list:bofo777's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +8 more
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
19andrew47
19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 22,243
Re: I am in Mourning

Both very nice images.  Sorry to hear about your camera.  Hope you get it back repaired soon.

Andrew

Roger Engelken
Roger Engelken Veteran Member • Posts: 4,282

A pair of beautiful shots of Lake Tahoe.  Get in touch with Olympus America and they'll likely be able to fix your E-5 good as new.

Roger Engelken's gear list:Roger Engelken's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
IanDavis Regular Member • Posts: 417

Unfortunate news about the E-5. At least you were able to get these great captures. I'm sure you'll have it back soon.

IanDavis's gear list:IanDavis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0 +3 more
Charles Fisher Forum Member • Posts: 99

That first shot is of nearby Donner Lake, not of Lake Tahoe. There are some nice views of it from I-80 on the way to Donner Summit.

-- hide signature --

Chuck, retired near Barcelona
See profile ('Plan') for equipment and software.

Charles Fisher's gear list:Charles Fisher's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II
stiger
stiger Contributing Member • Posts: 673

Any Idea what the shutter count was?

stiger's gear list:stiger's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 +1 more
Craig from Nevada
Craig from Nevada Senior Member • Posts: 1,748

Your camera has given you good reason to mourn--those are nice shots.

I particularly like the first one. The second photo is just good old Olympus blue meets Tahoe blue and the result are very nice.

Hopefully, you have a spare camera to hold you over whilst the e-5 is in the shop.

Craig from Nevada's gear list:Craig from Nevada's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PL6 +10 more
bofo777 OP Contributing Member • Posts: 819

I've used Olympus cameras for the last 25 years and never had any problems with them so my E-5 going down was quite a shock. You think their invincible until something like this happens----Taking a second camera on an important shoot is definitely the first thing we should all think about. Thanks to all for the kind words....John--- PS Yes the first shot was on the way to Incline Village on Donner Lake...

bofo777's gear list:bofo777's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +8 more
Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 32,468

I enjoyed seeing your pictures of Lake Tahoe.  I'm sorry to hear of your loss; hope you get it fixed soon.

Here's a picture of Lake Tahoe I took with my Olympus E-500 last summer.

Mahmoud Mousef Senior Member • Posts: 2,527

bofo777 wrote:

Before my E-5 went done today (shutter came apart..I am in terrible mourning) I did shot some shots in the Lake Tahoe Area. Hope you like them....John

A very sad day, but a great way to say goodbye.

Great pics.

Olympus, do you feel the pain?

Forgottenbutnotgone Regular Member • Posts: 313

I am very concerned that I may soon face the same problem. I'm also afraid to check my shutter count. I would be very interested to know how much the repair costs.

I wonder if the Hauppauge Olympus repair facility could do it as a walk-in repair?

Robert

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads