A stroll with FZ50

Started Mar 16, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
windmillgolfer
windmillgolfer Forum Pro • Posts: 12,108
A stroll with FZ50

An afternoon stroll while the sun made a brief  appearance. Walk to the promenade, about 1/2 mile, past the White Church, down the promenade and back across the bridge in Witch Wood. A total of about 1.5 miles, with several stops to use the trusty FZ50

Looking back from the promenade - tonemapped

Looking over 100yds of sand dunes/grass toward something modern

At the water's edge - cropped and pp

Heading back - tonemapped

Lodge House roof  at start of private driveway

Private drive shrubbery - leading to Witch Wood railway bridge

By the bridge

By the bridge - cropped

Looking back across the bridge

-- hide signature --
 windmillgolfer's gear list:windmillgolfer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Zbyszek_Z Regular Member • Posts: 139
Re: A stroll with FZ50

Very nice serie indeed!

FZ50 is a reliable friend...

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Zbyszek

Zbyszek_Z's gear list:Zbyszek_Z's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +6 more
John Beavin
John Beavin Senior Member • Posts: 2,441

More like a long hike Stuart, at least you had your eyes open and got some interesting shots, thanks for showing,

John Beavin's gear list:John Beavin's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ47 +1 more
in_focus
in_focus Forum Pro • Posts: 18,674

Lovely mix, Stuart.. good set of well composed and exposed images, really like the architectural shots - absolutely mesmerized by the first image,  perfectly balanced scene, great color set and impressive processing - outstanding picture! Thank you for sharing ..

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

Jerry045
Jerry045 Senior Member • Posts: 6,600

Smashing series Stuart. Looks like your stroll was very successful photographically. I liked them all.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

Jerry045's gear list:Jerry045's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Sony a6000 +7 more
eagle_I
eagle_I Senior Member • Posts: 2,670

Nice variety!  I too like #1 for the shot and treatment.

Mark

capnblinski
capnblinski Contributing Member • Posts: 534

windmillgolfer wrote:

An afternoon stroll while the sun made a brief appearance. Walk to the promenade, about 1/2 mile, past the White Church, down the promenade and back across the bridge in Witch Wood. A total of about 1.5 miles, with several stops to use the trusty FZ50

Looking over 100yds of sand dunes/grass toward something modern

At the water's edge - cropped and pp

Heading back - tonemapped

Lodge House roof at start of private driveway

Private drive shrubbery - leading to Witch Wood railway bridge

By the bridge

By the bridge - cropped

Looking back across the bridge

-- hide signature --

My favorite!

Thank you for the link also. Hurrah for the FZ50!

Even though my 7-month old FZ200 takes breathtakingly sharp photos - I would mortgage the house if panasonic ever married the FZ50's very nicely damped manual lens w/ the FZ200's (or newer) technology.

quote: The first step to understanding image size/quality is to understand the output resolution on the device you’re using to view/reproduce your photo.

- dave

capnblinski's gear list:capnblinski's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +1 more
radamczak
radamczak Senior Member • Posts: 2,306

Stuart, I enjoyed viewing this series of carefully selected and composed images, a lovely variety of line, texture and color. The FZ50 looks and feels like a camera should.

-- hide signature --

Richard
Mr Ichiro Kitao of Panasonic, please update the FZ50. The ergonomics in a superzoom remain unsurpassed.

radamczak's gear list:radamczak's gear list
Canon PowerShot A570 IS Canon PowerShot A720 IS Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 +3 more
windmillgolfer
windmillgolfer OP Forum Pro • Posts: 12,108

Thanks Z. Bought secondhand, the FZ50 is an amazing camera and  fits like a glove. Although limited in ISO, the IQ is simply outstanding. Oh for an FZ500

-- hide signature --
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +1 more
windmillgolfer

Thanks John. A simple, local walk by the sea guaranteed to have something of interest well within the range of the FZ50.

-- hide signature --
windmillgolfer

Thanks Bruno. The walk took an hour, with plenty of pauses for photography. I probably spent more time sat at my PC using PSE11. Think I need to change the balance a little

-- hide signature --
windmillgolfer

Thanks Jerry. The main purpose was to get some exercise and fresh asir but the FZ50  adds another level of enjoyment.

-- hide signature --
windmillgolfer

Thanks Mark. The White Church is an amazing feature to have won the footrest step. At times it looks almost like a mosque/mshining glowing in the sun.

-- hide signature --
windmillgolfer
Re: A stroll with FZ50 - The FZ Infinity

Thanks Dave. I'm with you, they could call it the FZ Infinity, there'd be no need for another model

-- hide signature --
windmillgolfer

Thanks Richard. Yes, the FZ50 has many outstanding features and is the benchmark that has yet to be matched or bettered.

-- hide signature --
Mariush Contributing Member • Posts: 645

Excellent work, especially the first one. Makes you want to go out and do some shooting!!!

-- hide signature --

Best regards, Marius

Mariush's gear list:Mariush's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Olympus C-5050 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZR1 Samsung NX20 +1 more
Ronald A Yorko Contributing Member • Posts: 577

Nice shots and a pleasure to view- I felt like I was on the walk.  That's the magic of the FZ50- it's like walking through a door into the scene.

Ronald A Yorko's gear list:Ronald A Yorko's gear list
DxO Optics Pro Standard
windmillgolfer

Thanks Marius. One of the pleasures of this Pany forum is the encouragement members give each other

-- hide signature --
windmillgolfer

Thanks Ronald, that's the effect I hoped for. I'm conscious that we live in a very pleasant  place and that having the sea close by is something to  be appreciated.  Also that I need to get my tut out of the door for fresh air and exercise

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads