Epson PhotoPC 750 Zoom review

Started Oct 23, 1999 | User reviews
Unknown user 12390 New Member • Posts: 1
Epson PhotoPC 750 Zoom review

After looking at a number of digital camera models, I chose the 750z and later added the Tiffen Filter adaptor and filter set. I have taken a number of photographs with it and found the quality to be very good. The controls are fairly straightforward and simple to understand. At first, I had some trouble with blurred photos, but found that when I increased the shutter speed to 1/125 sec, the blurs disappeared. I also found this to be one of the most overlooked aspects of the 750z - that the controls for the camera can be adjusted in exposure and functionality from the PC computer interface program provided by Epson on their CDROM.
This is a good first timer's digital camera, and provides good color rendition, in flesh tones, flora colors (greens/yellow, and reds) and has minimal JPEG artifacts. I also found that print quality was very good with minimal need to apply filters for sharpness or color correction. It would be suitable for web page developers, home hobbiests, and general PC users.

Problems:

I found the time waiting between pictures to be too long in hi-resolution modes, even with hi-speed compact flash cards. I did find that the lo-rez modes provided faster recycle times, but was diappointed with "quick-recycle" mode provided.
Also, the tripod mount is a bit flimsy.
I also found the technical support to be adequate, but less than supportive for professional issues.

Epson PhotoPC 750 Zoom
1 megapixels • 2 screen • 34 – 102 mm (3×)
Announced: Nov 9, 1998
Unknown user 12390's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads