Olympus D-370 (C-100) review

Started Sep 9, 2001 | User reviews
ET241 New Member • Posts: 5
Olympus D-370 (C-100) review

Out of the seven reviews posted thus far, 4 reviewers (57% percentage), including myself, have met problems with the camera freezing while writing high quality pictures...
Admittedly, I have exclusively used the internal memory so far, and have hopes for this being a problem only with the internal mem, which is automatically disabled whenever you use smartmedia cards anyways.
However, facts are facts, and the Olympus C100, despite having nice features and satisfactory picture quality seems to freeze up on a lot of its users while writing pictures to memory..
If I lived in a country where purchase returns are usual policy, I'd have returned my C100, but now (especially if the problem continues with smartmedia cards as well) I will simply have to rely on the included guarantee, and hope this is not a matter of faulty design.
Keep in mind I removed the batteries for 24 hours to "reset" the camera's CPU, but the problem continued.. I have been using the camera for less than a month and it has locked up at least 4-5 times....
I will be reporting back when I get a smartmedia card to test the camera with it as well....

Problems:

The afformentioned does not bode well for the C100's overall quality...

Olympus D-370 (C-100)
1 megapixels • 1.5 screen • 35 mm
Announced: Jun 5, 2001
ET241's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads