Fujifilm MX-1400 / Fujifilm FinePix 1400 Zoom review

Started Feb 23, 2002 | User reviews
Unknown user 84805 New Member • Posts: 1
Fujifilm MX-1400 / Fujifilm FinePix 1400 Zoom review

Works VERY good when used in Macro mode. The Flash is adequate till about 9 meters. Althought not stated, this cam also takes 128mb flashcards. Good for about 400 pic's medium quality @ 1280x960 (with 128mb). Note that I couldn't see the difference between medium and high quality. There's only one little nag about this cam. When taking a picture of a brick wall from about 20 meters with max zoom you can see the picture is not exactly as sharp in the corners as it is in the middle. Also there seems to be a little "pin-cushion" effect in the picture.

When taking the picture from about 2 meters you get the same little pin-cushion effect, but now the other way around.

Please note that this effect is only visible when you photograph exactly straight lines. I actually found out this effect after I had taken about 500 pictures. (I've seen much worse effects with more expensive cams)

Nice to note is that this cam uses USB. So just plug it in and XP will find a new "removable device" on the fly. Too bad you can't delete pictures using the windows explorer.

Problems:

In some situations a small pin-cushion effect noticable.
Not perfectly sharp in the corners

(does not apply when used in macro mode)

FujiFilm MX-1400 (FinePix 1400 Zoom)
1 megapixels • 1.6 screen • 38 – 114 mm (3×)
Announced: Jan 31, 2000
Unknown user 84805's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads