Pentax Optio 330RS review

Started Oct 20, 2002 | User reviews
Vodyssey New Member • Posts: 2
Pentax Optio 330RS review

I bought this camera after spending a lot of time researching the area. I knew I was looking for a mid-range, mid-spec camera which would produce good images at a fair price. With this camera I wasn't at all disappointed. I study Architecture and use photography an awful lot in my work, along with my ever reliable... well most of the time SLR and my compact I needed a camera that would be quick and easy to use for the photos that you want there and then with no real fuss with quick review capability - a digital camera was the obvious answer.

After using the Pentax I have found that it is extremely flexible and tackles virtually every condition brilliantly, both during the day and at night without any real need to alter settings. My only slight issue would be with the macro facility. It could be better, particularly when photographing models. it doesn't really focus in close enough and therefore you can get distorted images. Though if you stick to the manufacturers recommendations then it's fine. I guess the 3D function is a bit gimmicky too, but it is good fun when you eventually get it to work and looks good in presentations too!!

Any criticism on this camera at this price is really ridiculous, it preforms over and above it's price. For those who like to manipulate their images further can bear in mind that with the manual controls you can improve upon the default settings of the camera. If you are looking for total flexability then what are you doing looking at a 3.2 megapixel camera?

To sum up, it would be a camera I would recommend to any photographer who is looking for convenience and good image quality at a cheap price.

Problems:

If I was to be picky then the macro would be the only real problem I would note. But it's a lot better than other cameras I've looked at at this price.

Pentax Optio 330RS
3 megapixels • 1.6 screen • 37 – 111 mm (3×)
Announced: Jun 3, 2002
Vodyssey's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads