Pentax Optio S review
I emerged onto the digital scene with this camera. I've been looking at going digital for some time; every backpacking trip with my SLR enhanced that resolve. I have finally a great quality camera that goes everywhere = I take more pictures.
I bought mine at costco, they threw in a leather pentax case made precisely for this camera as well as a 128mb sd for the same price as the competition. For a crashproof/waterproof case get the Pelican #1010 for $12 and never worry again.
For spare batteries, I found the NP-40 for the fuji are the same as the Pentax D-L18 and bought some on ebay for $12 each. I carry 2 spares which fit nicely in the leather case.
Overall it is great, takes incredible macro's, does super outdoors, the full review on this site is accurate so I won't elaborate.
A few minor issues:
1. It would be very nice to have better light sensitivity (they have 400 in the S4 now) It takes good nightshots if you have stabilization.
2. The flash isn't very powerful (to be expected) but great for snapshots.
3. Can't manually select shutter speed.
4. bottom battery/sd door has questionable hinge. Probably easily damaged.
The main thing is that with a camera this small, you will take loads more pictures than with a camera that doesn't fit in your pocket. Doubles as a voice recorder too.
Nice Wow factor on it's size!
No issues yet.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4