Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ2 review

Started Feb 4, 2004 | User reviews
anthony taylor Forum Member • Posts: 94
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ2 review

Hi, I bought a FZ2B about 8 weeks ago, after having two fugi camera's. I read a report in a camera magazine on this camera and really liked the sound of having a Leica 12xOptical zoom lens.

I ordered one complete with 128 SD card and Lumix Case. My first pictures were pretty bad to say the least. Most were under exposed and noisy. At this point I'd not done my homework really and practised enough with it.

A week or so later I took more pictures of a church and its tower. The results were excellent, some blurred and un-usable, but most were worh keeping.

I have taken some indoor pictures of ornaments using the macro and flash, the detail is outstanding.

Before buying the FZ2B I had considered waiting for the FZ10 as the pictures I have seen on the Internet are out of this world. My PC is a few years old and I think 4 MPoxcels would be too much for it to handle! I am glad that i bought the 2B, it is a gem of a camera and I am sure when I have mastered all the menu's and took a few more hundred pictures. That I wont be able to put it down...Highly Recomended

Problems:

At 7x zoom and over I have found some purple fringing on greenery and buildings. Also barrel distortion at long lengths. Something I didnt look into before I bought this camera.

Flash distance not very long.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ2
2 megapixels • 1.5 screen • 35 – 420 mm (12×)
Announced: Aug 11, 2003
anthony taylor's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads