Fujifilm FinePix S3000 Z review

Started Jul 6, 2004 | User reviews
dblwin New Member • Posts: 2
Fujifilm FinePix S3000 Z review

The Fujifilm FinePix S3000 Z has proven to be a great camera, there are many here that say it doesn’t focus well or work in certain conditions, but if you read the directions the camera will work above any expectations.

I was a professional photographer or many years, and picked this out after much research. It is not the camera of my dreams or a professional camera but that aside it is an excellent camera.

You have to read and understand how auto focus and auto exposure works and that being said you get excellent shots every time. I was always told a good photographer could get great shots with a pinhole camera if they use a little forethought and understand their tools.

I use it in manual mode for the shots I want to print and auto for parties and candids.

Takes extraordinary daylight pictures and the flash photography is more then acceptable. If you use the flash outdoors in daylight for portraits or candids you will be wonderfully surprised.

I have printed a number of 8X10 pictures and see no distortion, they are as good as the 4X6 ones.

You have to get used to the short lag time or turn the preview mood to off and you will get faster shots.

I would recommend this camera to anyone!

Fujifilm FinePix S3000 Z
3 megapixels • 1.8 screen • 38 – 228 mm (6×)
Announced: Aug 26, 2003
dblwin's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads