Olympus C-740 UZ review
The C740Z is my fourth digital camera. The first three were all Kodaks.
The Olympus is far superior to the last of those, it being the DC215Z.
Combined with its included Camedia software, downloading, editing, and printing pictures is a snap. For more precision in editing, however, I also use three other editing programs.
Though DPR's "full review" says 5x7" is the largest size for a print, I've done many 8x10s. Some of those are close to art-prints.
The 10x zoom -- what I mainly bought the camera for -- is excellent, though I'll seldom use it. On the one occasion I did, it captured parrots in flight in the Amazon fairly well (in rather dim light just after dawn): that is, there was little blur even though I had steadied the camera merely by leaning against a post on our small, anchored boat.
The controls are a bit complicated, but once mastered they give a good range of options.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%