Pentax Optio S40 review
I wanted a small, lightweight camera mainly for use travelling. The S40 takes adaquate photos, though they are often somewhat dark (I adjust the gamma using software and they are much improved).
I like the camera, but I feel it is only fair to list my misgivivings. Here are some (minor) annoyances I have has with the camera:
1) There is only one video mode. You cannot adjust the resolution/frame rate. It is set quite high so your videos end up being HUGE. Which takes up space and wastes battery power
2) The display turns on every time the camera does. You can turn it off (4 clicks) to save battery power, but you must do so each and every time you turn it on.
3) The batteries to not last very long at high resolutions
4) It has a relatively long period between photos, as compared to other cameras in its class.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Kingfisher by cjf2|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 11, K
|Bull Rider Being Launched by RBFresno|
from FX bodies and very high ISO