Olympus C-3000 Zoom review
I bought this camera in September 2000 for just over $600. At the time, 3 Megapixel compact cameras were new and this was a top performer at a reasonable price - my best choice in 2000.
Over its lifetime, its has given me excellent picture quality in a wide range of lighting conditions. Since I never print images larger than 8 1/2" x 11" page, the 3 Megapixel size continues to be sufficient.
It has proven to be quite sturdy as well. Over the 4 1/2 years of use, it has been dropped a few times, without any resulting problems. I even once accidentally dropped it (while off) into a lake. After I opened up all the compartments to dry it out, it continued to function perfectly.
The only limitations which I would mention is the somewhat slow response time compared to some of the newer cameras, and the somewhat larger size.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%