Ricoh Caplio GX8 review
I'm using this camera for some time, it is not my first one but the previous was quite as a toy for todays standards (Mustek GsmartII 1,3mpix)... so here is my opinion:
- very fast start (the most important one for me)
- good grip and handy
- solid allu construction (not the creacky plastic) & old stylish look (yeah--black cameras rulez)
- programable ADJ button -nice&usefull
- nice operation time (@2x2400Nimh no-names)
- good autofocus - one sharp lightsource is enough to set focus during night shots.
- thread around the lenses for sun cover/telescope mounting or sth else - I have to order that...
- big noise when trying to compensate lack of light with ISO sensibility (200 is O.k. but upper values seems to be almost useless). By the way: I'm still looking for countryside that I could find night sky dark enough to shot @1600ASA/30sec/f.2,4 with no city lights at the background - for testing purposes ofcoz (I'm keen on astronomy too)
- week range of flashlight -but there is a hotshoe for extra one...
safety ring around lenses - that enables acces to thread for extra covers/wide lenses - seems to be self-unscrewing sometimes. I am afraid to lose it - but I am not able to screw it harder with fingers...
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|winterblues by richmot|
from Best Landscape 2016
|Cold morning by Kaappo|
from A Winter Wonderland
|The Rock. by SpartanWarrior|
from Sea colors