Pentax *ist DS2 review
I have tried almost all the D-SLR in the price range of 700-1000$ and I can clearly say that the DS2 was the best choice.
* I started with the Pentax DS (before the firmware upgrade) for month and returned it . The images were inconsistent and too much yellow - I loved the feel so I kept in mind that I should check it later.
* I had the Canon 350 for month and returned it - The camera produced Canon images (too silky, with colors that always need a boost. In general I did not like the feel.
* I had the Nikon D70 for week and returned it . It was nice but very big. and not suitable for daily use or hiking.
* The Olympus 500 for 1 week (it was more then enough). After having the C5050 for 3 years. I thought it would be nice if wont need to color correct images. and quite frankly - I do not like having to many options and settings.
* Trying the Minolta 5D for 2 Weeks - and I almost bought but then I learned that pentax has this pancake. (40mm f2.8) which is small and neat and with excellent quality. I felt like home.
So I have now the Pentax DS2 with the Limited 40mm and some other manual focus lens that I have purchased and I am so happy. It' snot perfect but it's predictable (exactly as my old K1000) and I do not have any plans on returning it (the local store had a relief ).
Pentax are a bit slow with new lenses.
|Average community score||
|See all 13 reviews »|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sadiqur_Rahman by Sadiqur Rahman|
from Ain't Going to Work on Maggie's Farm no More
|Airborne by John Beavin|
from - How to respect the Flag and Anthem - (Portrait in Full Colours + A Border)