Pentax *ist DS2 review
I have tried almost all the D-SLR in the price range of 700-1000$ and I can clearly say that the DS2 was the best choice.
* I started with the Pentax DS (before the firmware upgrade) for month and returned it . The images were inconsistent and too much yellow - I loved the feel so I kept in mind that I should check it later.
* I had the Canon 350 for month and returned it - The camera produced Canon images (too silky, with colors that always need a boost. In general I did not like the feel.
* I had the Nikon D70 for week and returned it . It was nice but very big. and not suitable for daily use or hiking.
* The Olympus 500 for 1 week (it was more then enough). After having the C5050 for 3 years. I thought it would be nice if wont need to color correct images. and quite frankly - I do not like having to many options and settings.
* Trying the Minolta 5D for 2 Weeks - and I almost bought but then I learned that pentax has this pancake. (40mm f2.8) which is small and neat and with excellent quality. I felt like home.
So I have now the Pentax DS2 with the Limited 40mm and some other manual focus lens that I have purchased and I am so happy. It' snot perfect but it's predictable (exactly as my old K1000) and I do not have any plans on returning it (the local store had a relief ).
Pentax are a bit slow with new lenses.
|Average community score||
|See all 13 reviews »|
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|winterblues by richmot|
from Best Landscape 2016
|Cold morning by Kaappo|
from A Winter Wonderland
|The Rock. by SpartanWarrior|
from Sea colors