Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D (Dynax 5D) review

Started Mar 31, 2006 | User reviews
Kiril Karaatanasov Senior Member • Posts: 2,203
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D (Dynax 5D) review

Well I own a 5D for 2 months. This is an incredibile device. It amazes with the amount of features, the incredible ergonomics and supperior image quality.

I have looked at Canon, Nikon, Olympus and Pentax the ergonomics of the 5D is unsurpassed. The menu system is incredibly easy and fast to use. All other cameras rely on low quality hard to de-cypher LCD display for settings - the 5D is the only one to use the color display for settings and with great success. While selectig camera I found the 5D to be much easier to use then the D70 from Nikon, although the 5D is lower class. .. and there was simply no room for comaprison with Canon 350D which is hell in ergonomics.

The features of the camera are abundand and easy to get to. I believe KM 5D users are porbably the only DSLR users that utilize most of the camera's features, my friends with other cameras simply do not know most of their camera's features. Well there are few things missing - autofocus light (separate form the flash), an 8 or 10 MPix sensor :-).

The construction is superior in my view to most of the cameras in this class especially the Canon 350D. The Nikon , Olympus and Pentax are at best at par.

Image quality of the kit lens .... altough very good, one may want a bit sharper pics at 100% zoom. However much better then any of the competition. With other lens it is incredible.

Well the value.... being cheapest DSLR set in Bulgaria (except the Pentax istDL) , with all the previous things said, obviously beats the competion.

I love this camera and wish Sony success with their future DSLR. They have a hard task to improve on something that is perfect.

Problems:

none.

I only had my kit lens hunt once for focus without result, but after focusing at different distance and then going back to my original composition all worked well.

Kiril Karaatanasov's gear list:Kiril Karaatanasov's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a7C
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D (Dynax 5D)
6 megapixels • 2.5 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Jul 15, 2005
Kiril Karaatanasov's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads